Basil

Gilded Altars

Would it be possible for us to have either a noticeboard next to the player owned portal at home or something that shows a person online with a perm lit altar. So many people continually ask for an altar inside help cc or at home. 

Even better could we have a command that adds our house to a list, sort of ::addname !altar (!altar shows everybody online with a perm lit gilded altar)

Just a quick suggestion ❤️

• Like 4

I've been wanting this since day 1 as well.. Honestly, would be extremely ideal to have this.

Perhaps make it so there's a goal to being #1 on the noticeboard. Something a player must do to reach #1.

• Ex; Player who has the most "Likes" on their home, or something silly. Each Like would be recorded & shows the username who liked the house

Personally I don't see the point in removing the public gilded altar from the home area just to add it into POH and make it very easy for players to find a perma-lit gilded altar 24/7. 
I understand that the removal of the one from the home area was to entice players to use the construction skill, but it hasn't, it just entices them to spam the help cc to use someone elses. 

My personal opinion would be to re-instate the one at home, but to also allow players to build upgraded versions in their POH that give more experience and maybe even faster offering or a chance to save offered bones. 
This would also be restricted to only the owner of the house being able to use to give players the actual incentive to make an altar in their house.

7 hours ago, Logical said:

Personally I don't see the point in removing the public gilded altar from the home area just to add it into POH and make it very easy for players to find a perma-lit gilded altar 24/7. 
I understand that the removal of the one from the home area was to entice players to use the construction skill, but it hasn't, it just entices them to spam the help cc to use someone elses. 

My personal opinion would be to re-instate the one at home, but to also allow players to build upgraded versions in their POH that give more experience and maybe even faster offering or a chance to save offered bones. 
This would also be restricted to only the owner of the house being able to use to give players the actual incentive to make an altar in their house.

You can't use bones on the altars at home. I'm not asking for the removal of altars at all. New people don't know where to train prayer unless asking for an altar in a Poh, having a command to show whos online with an altar or a noticeboard that shows people is all im asking for. 

9 hours ago, Basil said:

You can't use bones on the altars at home. I'm not asking for the removal of altars at all. New people don't know where to train prayer unless asking for an altar in a Poh, having a command to show whos online with an altar or a noticeboard that shows people is all im asking for. 

I never said you could, I'm saying that there was once a gilded altar at home for public use and it was removed and replaced by the POH altars. It doesn't really make sense to remove the public altar and then have a really easy way of finding an open POH. It's just extra steps for the same result. 

In my honest opinion, guests shouldn't be able to use altars.

11 hours ago, Logical said:

I never said you could, I'm saying that there was once a gilded altar at home for public use and it was removed and replaced by the POH altars. It doesn't really make sense to remove the public altar and then have a really easy way of finding an open POH. It's just extra steps for the same result. 

In my honest opinion, guests shouldn't be able to use altars.

Well your opinion is wrong! Only joking, I agree. 

At home alter would be solid, but I do like the idea of a list at home. But having this will not stop anyone from asking still.