touched

Prize Cape

I would like to propose that the prize cape be added to the enchanted chest.

The infuse cost would be 1-2 firecapes + 1 prize chest.

Why?

Currently prize capes rarely ever come into the community, And I mean rarely.

A lot of players are trying to get meteorite cape and grand max. Which this would open up more options to getting it. Both capes are RNG and take long a minute to grind.

This infuse should be similar to Enchanted cape with having 100% rate.

Pro.

Would offer more chances for more players to receive grand max.

Would open up more chances for ironmen to get grand max.

Would remove Prize chests from the game.

Con.

Would remove the hype from getting it from a loot box.(fk loot boxes)

Overall I think this should be added to due the lack of capes coming into game. It would give more people the chance to upgrade their cape slot rather then just wealthy players who have access to spending large amounts on a huge risk vs reward.

I second this for sure, so +1 from me. Maybe we can change of what the risk is to get it but I am for the idea for sure.

100% agree with this.

Previously, before the grand max cape etc, the fact that you got the prize cape from a prize box seemed fine and the cape itself was more of a fashionscape item.

Now it is used to create the BIS cape and you are more than likely going to need 5+ of these capes if you are lucky. This is pretty bad for everyone, but it is a complete brick wall for ironmen. In my 2 years playing, I've never had a single prize cape, it just doesn't make sense to have such an RNG based item that players really need. 

I don't think there could be a valid argument to make against this suggestion. +1

As someone that has done over 8 or so meteorite attempts, achieved 5 capes and failed 4 grand max cape attempts I don't support this at all. I'd think making a prize cape should use something other than fire capes and a prize chest. Or if they are used, add something else to make the enchantment 100%. I'd say 2 fire capes + prize chest + 500m+ gp

I think it'd be good to have a method to obtain prize capes consistently. Currently more are leaving the game than are coming in; making the price sky rocket. 

Especially with the somewhat recent nerf to prize boxes. 

In my opinion it shouldn't just be a prize chest and a firecape. If this was the case, you'd be able to grind out prize capes every day for essentially free. (Raid daily + fight caves)

I like raw's idea of incorporating gold as well, this would act as a decent gold sink as well as item sink. Since the item enchantment chest is already a item sink. However, the 500m+ figure he's giving I think would be too high. Not just for main accounts, but for ironmen as well. It'd be hard to grind out 500m gp just to get a prize cape and fail the meteorite cape enchantment. I think a more reasonable figure would be around 250m (+ or - 100m or so). This wouldn't be as time consuming for ironmen to get hold of and it would still provide a decent renewable gold sink for non-ironmen. The problem with our current gold sinks is the majority of them are non-renewable (max cape variants, construction, rune pouches, etc.). The only real renewable gold sink we have in game right now is the repair dwarf. While the repair dwarf is a good gold sink, most of the server's player base doesn't utilize it enough to make it an amazing one. The prize cape enchantment would be a great renewable gold sink, as the meteorite cape is hard to obtain (grand max even more so) and it is best in slot.

+1, Overall this is a good suggestion that solves the problem of the lack of prize capes needed for the current best in slot melee cape.

100% agree with the addition of GP to the enchantment. However I think 500m should be the amount as we would still want these capes to be somewhat expensive to buy/make and it isn't much of a problem for ironmen since cash is quite easy for us to stockpile, I myself have a 6B cash stack, not including the 4b+ cash i've xfered and the 2b+ I've spent on random store items :P 

Thank you for the suggestion!

Nate and I will be considering different options, and we'll hopefully have something ready for you guys on the next update.

Thanks,
Ryan

• Like 4

FR +1, After 7 or so months on my iron and plenty of prize boxes I still haven't received a prize cape. Not to mention on average u need 3-4 to get a meteorite cape.