Wayne

Impling Catcher (Suggestion) - Wayne

wcf9JsP.gif

Impling Catcher (Box)  HQVUgBK.png - A box that acts just like the "Ghost lantern" 86hDfmk.png ↑ above ↑

If you don't know what the ghost lantern is, it's mainly used to capture halloween monsters that are off grid\unreachable.

We currently have plenty of "off grid" implings around Runex that can't be caught. (inside locked buildings/gates/island above)

Impling Catcher (Box) HQVUgBK.png

• Stays in your inventory just like the herbicide, bonecrusher, etc'
  • This should help imp hunting quite a bit, considering there's quite a few implings that are currently unreachable
  • Does NOT capture the impling, instead, it spawns it next to you like the image ↑ above ↑
  • Does NOT work @Puro Puro to capture implings, as those implings are meant to be difficult to capture

I'm sure some people are going to say "Just fix the unreachable imps" OR "Just fix the bugged maps" 
  • Unfortunately this has been suggested numerous times, and the maps & imps still haven't been fixed. -This box (IMHO) is a great solution to the bugged maps & unreachable imps. 

How much should it cost, and why?
  • 3 Impling tokens (Impling tokens are achieved by turning in one of each impling to Elnock Inquisitor @Puro Puro) -This does NOT include Nardah, Kharazi, & Cursed implings.
  • Why should it cost anything? → Example; You see an impling on the other side of the wall, which is reachable, but you have to run all the way around to get to it. This is where the box comes most handy;

DUA4RvS.png

• Like 1

Considering how not really common the ninja and dragon ones are (those seem stuck often as well) maybe one token for it.  Max two?  It shouldn't be free, but I think three is a bit much.  Love the idea though.  Would be super nice.

• Like 1

I support this idea 100% +5 all day. Such a useful item and simple fix towards this issue. I how to see it in game soon

• Like 1

+1. I like the idea.

I would like it to spawn/teleport the imp near you, as you wrote, but also i think it could be cool if it catches imp for you, not with 100% success rate, but still a high one 😆

then it ofc. should be more expensive, like 5-10 tokens (matching with the successrate) 😆 so it becomes "the ultimate" item for imp cathing, and a grind item.

• Like 1

It's a great idea, but I see it as a lazy solution to the bugged map/spawns. At some point Nate will need to fix the doors which are the main issue.

+1

On 10/5/2018 at 8:31 PM, Logical said:

It's a great idea, but I see it as a lazy solution to the bugged map/spawns. At some point Nate will need to fix the doors which are the main issue.

+1

The imp catcher wouldn't only be used to get imps out of locked rooms. It could be used, like Wayne suggested, to get them through walls that you'd have to run around to catch. For example, if you see a Dragon impling on the other side of the Al Kharid gate, then you could simply use the imp catcher to bring it onto the Lumbridge side of the gate and catch it. 

This utility, in my opinion, would make it worth the 3 impling tokens alone. It would also fix the problem with doors being closed without having to spend extra development time removing/opening all of the doors.

+1 great suggestion. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ralph said:

The imp catcher wouldn't only be used to get imps out of locked rooms. It could be used, like Wayne suggested, to get them through walls that you'd have to run around to catch. For example, if you see a Dragon impling on the other side of the Al Kharid gate, then you could simply use the imp catcher to bring it onto the Lumbridge side of the gate and catch it. 

This utility, in my opinion, would make it worth the 3 impling tokens alone. It would also fix the problem with doors being closed without having to spend extra development time removing/opening all of the doors.

+1 great suggestion. 

The other uses for this are incredibly niche and by themselves would not justify buying for a majority of players for even 1 token. How many places on the F2P map would the function be applicable, not many. 

I'm usually a fan of the 'dev time' argument, but that only works with new content/modifying existing content, what we need here is polishing. We are pushing players to use F2P areas more with the implings and now the event and it will be quite easy for them to think the server is unfinished and buggy due to the non-functional doors and the NPCless area that is F2P.

The main idea of this suggestion is to counter the door issue, which I see as a good thing, but it is putting a band-aid on a bullet wound. If this was to cost 3 tokens, some time down the line the doors will be fixed and it will no longer be worth 3 tokens for most people. But my biggest concern was simply that Nate may add this and then choose to never fix the door issue which i'd be against. 

1 hour ago, Logical said:

The other uses for this are incredibly niche and by themselves would not justify buying for a majority of players for even 1 token. How many places on the F2P map would the function be applicable, not many. 

I'm usually a fan of the 'dev time' argument, but that only works with new content/modifying existing content, what we need here is polishing. We are pushing players to use F2P areas more with the implings and now the event and it will be quite easy for them to think the server is unfinished and buggy due to the non-functional doors and the NPCless area that is F2P.

The main idea of this suggestion is to counter the door issue, which I see as a good thing, but it is putting a band-aid on a bullet wound. If this was to cost 3 tokens, some time down the line the doors will be fixed and it will no longer be worth 3 tokens for most people. But my biggest concern was simply that Nate may add this and then choose to never fix the door issue which i'd be against. 

Took the words out of my mouth, I like the idea of being able to get a imp out of a locked door/ places you can’t go. But. This should not stop fixing the doors.

On 10/9/2018 at 8:14 PM, Logical said:

never fix the door issue

They will likely never be fixed. 🚪 Marking my calendar for next year to come back to this post

• When I was a member of SpawnPK (back in 2016), the maps & doors were broken. -Still broken Today 
  • Ryan told me on my 2nd Q&A that he plans on fixing the maps, mind you, that was almost a year ago. (Oct.28th)
  • There's likely a solid reason the doors & maps have been glitched this long.. (My opinion) they probably would have to reset everything

Honestly, you've got some wishful thinking if you truly believe they are going to fix this issue.. especially if they've been broken since day 1 of Spk release

@Ryan added it/this can be Closed 👍

Edited by Wayne