Iron Logic

Suggestion Information and FAQ

Hello everyone, firstly I'd like to thank @Dillan for creating the format post that he have had pinned for a very long time. But I feel it is time to un-pin that post as a format isn't required for suggestions.

I'll start out by thanking each and every one of you who takes the time to create suggestions and help brainstorm with other players suggestions, they are the life blood of this server and are essential in helping the development team find out what direction the community would like the server to go. 

As to not stifle your creativity in any way, you are no longer required to use a particular format when submitting suggestions, but I will give you some helpful tips on how to best plan out a suggestion post.

• Create your idea: This is very simple, just think of something you want to see added or changed in RuneX.
  • Plan out your suggestion: Begin by writing up the post and writing down the meat of your suggestion, you will then want to begin looking in to how your suggestion will effect other existing content. If it will effect them in a good way, write that up in your post and if it will effect something negatively you should write it as well and attempt to offer a solution.
  • Include a poll: A lot of players who use the forum are likely to just view your suggestion without leaving feedback, this can be countered somewhat by including a poll with the bare-bones of your suggestion. This is also great for the development team to see how the community feels about a suggestion.
  • Follow up posts: Now that your suggestion has been submitted it is time for the community to give some feedback and this is the perfect opportunity for brainstorming. Whether positive or negative feedback it is important to reply to it and address any concerns someone might have as it will help to develop the suggestion as well as bump the post to the front page.

I hope this helps some of you when posting your suggestions!

Frequently asked questions:

• Does the development team [Ryan and Nate] read our suggestions?

Yes, Ryan and Nate always look at your suggestions though they may not comment directly. On top of this, suggestion posts are often pushed to them directly on the staff chat by the staff team.

• Does the staff teams feedback effect my suggestion?

No, whether negative or positive feedback is given by a staff member will not effect a suggestion in any way. However, staff are usually fairly clued in on how the development team thinks, so if they offer some negative feedback it may be worth taking it in and offering some solutions.

• Can I suggest something that has been suggested before?

Yes, as long as you aren't directly copying the previous post and as long as the previous post wasn't recent [1-2 weeks old]. We always enjoy seeing ideas built upon by multiple players.

• Will my suggestion be added if I get 100% positive feedback?

Negative feedback on a suggestion is unlikely to greatly effect the possibility of it being added unless it is pointing out a fatal flaw that needs to be addressed. Much in the same, positive feedback is also not completely reflective of a suggestions ability to be added into RuneX, but it does help to see to community wants it. 

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Cheers.

@LogicalI feel your post had alot more time and effort put into it, mine was made with haste for a reason i cannot even recall. +1 BB

• Like 1