Iron Logic

New Staff Hiring

On most servers I have played and staffed on, the 'Helper' or 'Server Support' rank was often used as a trial and usually referred to as 'Trial Moderator'. 

However on RuneX, Server support is the first rank for full staff, which is nice in some ways as it adds an extra rung for staff to climb up, but I see it as very negative as we don't have a position to trial candidates. It has become apparent lately that we need more staff, we have had some leave and others busy with life leaving a select few all alone. 

So here is my suggestion:

1. Promote Ralph to moderator, he has gone above and beyond in his time as a staff member and deserves a promotion.
  2. Make moderator the base line for full staff,
  3. Make server support the trial version of staff.

This change is for the simple reason that many players who would make good staff are just never given an opportunity to prove themselves, sure they can [and do] a lot of helping in the clan chat and on forums to build up a reputation but it will often begin to fall off if they feel their contributions aren't being noticed by the staff team managers. Just to clarify, Ramzi, the staff manager does notice, it's just because of the way server support is considered a full position that he is very selective about promoting players. 

Players will still need to be qualified for a staff position to be promoted to a server support trial, but this new method would allow us to trial potential staff in the most advanced way possible, actually seeing how they interact with the community, what they can contribute and how they meld with the current staff team. 

Let me know what you think, but all I'm going to say is that it is lonely as hell is the staff discord right now. 

• Like 5

+1

Seen this done on many servers. This will ensure Ramzi and the staff team have selected the right people (or person) for the job.

+1 i've been staff on manny servers aswell and we did this manny times. trial wont hurt anyone even tho you'll see that most of the players do thier best when trial time is there and lacking after that but... its a good way to get to know your staff before hiring them

ps: ralph is bae :) +1 promotion

Edited by fe lamb

So what i'm hearing is logical wants me back :Thinking:

But yes I do agree, people do deserve a chance.. BUT , not just anyone should get a trial shot which I know you know.

+1 from me.

Noticed this for a long time, server having no staff on at times for periods of a few hours till a staff member logged in and quite a few times it was Ralph who would log in.

+1

+1 its been over a year since there was a staff member online at each timezone

+1.

I assumed this is how it already was. In my previous servers/discords server support was just a regular player who helped players and handled situations without commands to prove themselves. 

Ralph should definitely become mod. Hes such a great help in-game. 

I would like to take this time to vote for myself, Being a moderator would be a excellent job i could do at home.

I have a daughter and i am a stay at home daddy, Her name is kayleigh and she say's hello! :)

She said... "please make my daddy a moderator so he can deal with all the bad guys"

I play around 6-10 hours daily and i am online every day and willing to support the community in both growth and success

Thank you for reading

MrIBankAll 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2