Sign in to follow this  
Thraldom

Few Random Suggestions

#1: Jad Boss Slayer Task

It would add some uniqueness in boss tasks, considering completing fight caves is a different challenge than regular boss fights.

It would add an additional incentive for players to complete the fight caves - it's hard to be motivated to complete 3 fight caves for the achievement when it's decently time consuming and there's no real reward other than rare pet potential.

Might as well add in that it's also possible in OSRS. Not sure about the compatibility between fight caves and the Runex slayer system compared to OSRS, but if possible I think it'd be a nice addition to mix up the boss tasks and add variety.

#2: Slayer Monster KC

On OSRS, the function of right clicking the slayer helmet to display overall slayer monster killcount is a good way of tracking progress, and accurately determining "Dry streaks". I know personally, I enjoy checking my ::kills information to see boss killcounts and that information to see how my account is progressing PvM-wise. Doesn't necessarily have to function the same way as in OSRS, could even be an add-on at the end of the ::kills command list. Just would be an interesting addition for players to monitor their "PvM Prowess" or what have you.

#3: Marble Block Drops

Adding marble block drops to certain monsters would be a huge QoL update for ironmen, especially with the release of boss portals and their marble block requirement. Farming task bottles / crystal keys with the very rare chance at getting marble blocks is a pain, especially when getting 99 construction for the 50 marble blocks on a prime ironman is also a pretty significant and difficult milestone to attain.

Possible drop table additions:

High-Level Monsters: Gargoyles / Nechryaels / Abyssal Demons / Fiyr Shades / Wyverns - 1/128 drop rate?

Bosses: Bandos / Cerberus / Corp / KBD - 1/64 drop rate?

#4: Highscores Additions

Adding overall boss KC to the highscores page next to individual levels, and total KC for each individual player when viewing their profile on the highscores page.

Many accounts are dedicated to PvM once reaching the end-game, especially ironmen. This would add a sense of achievement for those who strive to achieve high PvM goals rather than skilling goals. Boss killcount often doesn't reflect in xp gained so it doesn't really show on the current highscores.
EDIT: As well as KC, boss kill times would be a nice addition, both to regular game for personal records, but also to highscores.

I know the highscores page was just overhauled and remodeled so I'd understand if you want to avoid working on it for a little while. 😛

Cheers!

- Thraldom

Edited by Thraldom
New thought

12 hours ago, Thraldom said:

#2: Slayer Monster KC

On OSRS, the function of right clicking the slayer helmet to display overall slayer monster killcount is a good way of tracking progress, and accurately determining "Dry streaks". I know personally, I enjoy checking my ::kills information to see boss killcounts and that information to see how my account is progressing PvM-wise. Doesn't necessarily have to function the same way as in OSRS, could even be an add-on at the end of the ::kills command list. Just would be an interesting addition for players to monitor their "PvM Prowess" or what have you.

I think this would be a cool addition. Rather than adding it to ::Kills (bosses). A second command could be implemented purely for all other slayer npcs. For ex; ::slaykc or ::slaykills.

I personally would like to see how many slayer kills I’ve got. 

+1

Following that, I think the marble block suggestion is unnecessary seeing as you can obtain a fair amount via implings, prize boxes and the crystal chest. I also think shades drop them if I’m not mistaken, that could just be limestone bricks though.

I would say it’s unnecessary but I don’t see the damage in implementing it.

5 hours ago, Kong said:

Following that, I think the marble block suggestion is unnecessary seeing as you can obtain a fair amount via implings, prize boxes and the crystal chest. I also think shades drop them if I’m not mistaken, that could just be limestone bricks though.

I would say it’s unnecessary but I don’t see the damage in implementing it.

In 11 days playtime on my iron, With most of the time being spent for just dailies. I've only gotten 10. I don't know how the ironmen who've gotten their portals already would feel. But it'd be nicer if we could see a method to obtaining them. Possibly a shop for ironmen to buy them being 50m each with no sellback value. 

On 7/30/2018 at 9:44 PM, Bind said:

In 11 days playtime on my iron, With most of the time being spent for just dailies. I've only gotten 10. I don't know how the ironmen who've gotten their portals already would feel. But it'd be nicer if we could see a method to obtaining them. Possibly a shop for ironmen to buy them being 50m each with no sellback value. 

Honestly getting 99 construction dosnt take that long. I myself got 99 cons on my prime ironman and it was probably one of the easiest 99's to get. around 18k mahogany planks...

and the imps give plenty of mahog planks. I did most of my cons before imps so I did "long" grind for my planks still was my 3rd 99...

They are meant to be late construction reward and thats how it should stay in my opinion. I was frustrated with the 99 grind but well feels good man after got 99.