Professor X

Master skill capes

Hi all RuneX players,

I would like to suggest master skilling capes to be introduced to us.

Reason - players would be interested to skill after achieving level 99.

I dont think theres alot to add here.

Thanks,

Phoenix

Been suggested before and I still support it, though I think there should be a difference in the looks from mode to mode. Normal players and hard get 120m exp quite easily, supreme is not that bad either, but prime take a long time and I am sure it would be of interest to those who play prime to have something that they can be proud of having. Not just something all normies run around in too.

• Like 2

Yes please. I support this, like the idea with different ones for all depending on the game mode.

+1.  normals cant get cape hards need 200m xp supreme and prime need (xp=to hard scaled down by their harder xp rates) kinda idea.  that way its fair for all game modes in time taken to get cape. 

operate rc cape to tele straight to astral alter!

On 8/29/2018 at 8:04 AM, kegan said:

+1.  normals cant get cape hards need 200m xp supreme and prime need (xp=to hard scaled down by their harder xp rates) kinda idea.  that way its fair for all game modes in time taken to get cape. 

operate rc cape to tele straight to astral alter!

As much as I like the idea of scaling the experience required depending on game modes, it just can't mathematically work. 
200M normal experience is roughly 4.4m Prime experience, can't remember hards experience rate off the top of my head, but even then it will be a low conversion.

For the longest time, I was of the mindset that we shouldn't have master capes. Their particle effects would devalue capes that already have them, such as the achievement cape and donor capes, capes that are very prestigious. 
So I think that the particle effect should reflect the mode of the player. Normal accounts with no particle effect, all the way to primes with a huge particle effect. 

1 hour ago, Logical said:

As much as I like the idea of scaling the experience required depending on game modes, it just can't mathematically work. 
200M normal experience is roughly 4.4m Prime experience, can't remember hards experience rate off the top of my head, but even then it will be a low conversion.

For the longest time, I was of the mindset that we shouldn't have master capes. Their particle effects would devalue capes that already have them, such as the achievement cape and donor capes, capes that are very prestigious. 
So I think that the particle effect should reflect the mode of the player. Normal accounts with no particle effect, all the way to primes with a huge particle effect. 

No support for varying particles however I support master capes for normals\hard acc's with 200m xp in a stat and supreme's\prime with 104m xp.

That being said, experience rates shouldn't matter when it comes to Master Skillcapes. Mastering a skill is mastering a skill. Master capes are cosmetic anyway.

23 minutes ago, Raw said:

No support for varying particles however I support master capes for normals\hard acc's with 200m xp in a stat and supreme's\prime with 104m xp.

That being said, experience rates shouldn't matter when it comes to Master Skillcapes. Mastering a skill is mastering a skill. Master capes are cosmetic anyway.

If the particle effects aren't variant, I'd rather not have them, since 200m on a normal is astronomically easier that 150 achievements. I personally like particle effects to be prestigious. 

3 hours ago, Raw said:

3 hours ago, Logical said:

If the particle effects aren't variant, I'd rather not have them, since 200m on a normal is astronomically easier that 150 achievements. I personally like particle effects to be prestigious. 

I have to agree with logical on this. Getting 104m or 200m depending on what "ryan" would choose is way to easy for a normal/hard mode. Like Logical said, normals only need to obtain 4m xp on a prime to obtain these capes, while hards only have to obtain 12m. I personally wouldn't want someone who could play a few hours to obtain a cape that would take someone several weeks on prime to get.

These capes would need a difference between each mode. With that being said.

Normals - Would be a base cape, No trim, No particles.

Hards - Would be the cape but with a trim, No particles

Supreme - Would be a trimmed cape with particles matching the cape.

Prime - Trim would be particles, and bottom of cape would have particles.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bind said:

I have to agree with logical on this. Getting 104m or 200m depending on what "ryan" would choose is way to easy for a normal/hard mode. Like Logical said, normals only need to obtain 4m xp on a prime to obtain these capes, while hards only have to obtain 12m. I personally wouldn't want someone who could play a few hours to obtain a cape that would take someone several weeks on prime to get.

These capes would need a difference between each mode. With that being said.

Normals - Would be a base cape, No trim, No particles.

Hards - Would be the cape but with a trim, No particles

Supreme - Would be a trimmed cape with particles matching the cape.

Prime - Trim would be particles, and bottom of cape would have particles.

What noone seems to get is if you see a normal running around with one then you know they had it easy but if you seen a prime running around with it then you'd know they grinded hard. 

I still don't understand why catering to xp modes when it comes to cosmetic capes matters. 

I'd say people want it for a bit of a Unique look, If you see a normal with the cape and a prime with the same cape it sorta takes away from the speciality of the cape itself being that someone on a normal account can get the same awesome looking cape for next to no time invested.

9 hours ago, Logical said:

Just to restate, i said 200m on hard not normal.  I said normal shouldnt get it as 200m would take 2 hours for some skills. Bolded where u said it in quote

7 hours ago, Raw said:

200m on a normal takes 2 hours 100m on prime would take 200 hours so it would devalue those who actually worked for it.  After all no one would know what game mode you are unless you announced it through quick chat. 

Tldr: every normal would have a 2 hour master cape and supremes and primes cba with a cape every ezmode has

Something that could happen, since there are so many custom achievements in the game already. Is the fact that it would be easy to add in something different, make it under achievements but they don’t matter towards regular achievements. Make them something like “Skilling Achievements”. 

The basic idea of this is that you take a skill like Attack, Thieving, something of that sort and add a skilling achievement to it, that once you would do the achievement you would be rewarded with the Master skilling cape. 

My idea on this would be to take the highest regular xp method of training a skill on PRIME Mode, and figure out how many clicks/hits/Laps/etc. it would take you to get to 99 in a skill for Prime mode.

So I’m going to take thieving for example, Let’s say the highest XP rate per click when thieving is 1300 xp on prime mode, that would be 10,000 clicks on the NPC/TABLE. 

Then of course you’d have to figure out how many clicks it would take to be able to go from Table/NPC each and just make an achievement table that would basically take a Prime to 1-99, like pickpocket the HAM member x amount of times, that would take you to x level and then you would be able to move on to the next NPC. 

This would make it all fair, make people want to skill more overall, would be more challenging and be a higher tier for everyone. Because of course the big question popping up is Prime is 4.4m while Normal is 200m. But this way everyone has to work the same to get the cape, and no one would have the upper hand. 

This would make you skill and want to work towards unlocking it, may not be worth it to normal/hard/supreme because obviously this would take you to 99 on a prime, but it would still be there as a option if a normal account wanted something to work towards. 

I’m sure the amazing minds of the people of this server could change this around and make it even better than the way I said it/ worded it. Feel free to critique and criticize me if this is dumb.

Sorry for any word mess ups or misspellings, writing this at 7:00 am with no sleep lol 

Edited by Cierra
Spelling Corrections

19 hours ago, Cierra said:

Something that could happen, since there are so many custom achievements in the game already. Is the fact that it would be easy to add in something different, make it under achievements but they don’t matter towards regular achievements. Make them something like “Skilling Achievements”. 

The basic idea of this is that you take a skill like Attack, Thieving, something of that sort and add a skilling achievement to it, that once you would do the achievement you would be rewarded with the Master skilling cape. 

My idea on this would be to take the highest regular xp method of training a skill on PRIME Mode, and figure out how many clicks/hits/Laps/etc. it would take you to get to 99 in a skill for Prime mode.

So I’m going to take thieving for example, Let’s say the highest XP rate per click when thieving is 1300 xp on prime mode, that would be 10,000 clicks on the NPC/TABLE. 

Then of course you’d have to figure out how many clicks it would take to be able to go from Table/NPC each and just make an achievement table that would basically take a Prime to 1-99, like pickpocket the HAM member x amount of times, that would take you to x level and then you would be able to move on to the next NPC. 

This would make it all fair, make people want to skill more overall, would be more challenging and be a higher tier for everyone. Because of course the big question popping up is Prime is 4.4m while Normal is 200m. But this way everyone has to work the same to get the cape, and no one would have the upper hand. 

This would make you skill and want to work towards unlocking it, may not be worth it to normal/hard/supreme because obviously this would take you to 99 on a prime, but it would still be there as a option if a normal account wanted something to work towards. 

I’m sure the amazing minds of the people of this server could change this around and make it even better than the way I said it/ worded it. Feel free to critique and criticize me if this is dumb.

Sorry for any word mess ups or misspellings, writing this at 7:00 am with no sleep lol 

Actually really impressed by the idea. I'll take this.