Iron Logic

Achievement Diaries

Achievement Sets  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Achievement sets added?

• Yes,
    • Yes, but not with perks,
    • No.

I like our achievement system, it is often classed as one of the best looking and feeling systems of an RSPS. However the nature of our system doesn't allow us to create a large amount of new achievements and the achievements we can release need to have a set difficulty or grind standard. 

So I'd love to see the server incorporate another achievement system just like the one in OSRS[or RS3]. Where we break up RuneX into specific regions and allocate 4 tier based achievement sets for each based around the content contained within those areas [Easy, Medium, Hard, Elite]. Completing a set will award you with an experience lamp, an area based achievement item [Tiered with the highest difficulty completed] and a perk [Probably only from hard or elite].

The big issue is that RuneX isn't really broken up into areas other than Wilderness and not wilderness. We could break up sets into;

• Wilderness [Obviously any wilderness area, including Kharazi].
  • The Underground [Any dungeon areas, underground bosses etc]
  • The Ethereal Plane [Puro Puro, Runecrafting altars, Lunar Isle]
  • The Over world [Anywhere not included in the other areas]

Adding these diaries to the game will allow us to create achievements for all content on RuneX, which will be great for encouraging players to test out everything RuneX has to offer, as well as give our veterans some new achievements to grind out without pushing their comp cape further away. 

Perks are something I would love to see added, here are some sample perks to give you a better idea of what I mean;

• Noted bone drops in the wilderness [Medium Wilderness Perk],
  • Automatically Loot Blood money drops [Elite Wilderness Perk],
  • Etc.

Please let me know your thoughts and questions, also let me know if you have better ideas for the area breakdowns and perks. 

I love this idea.
I enjoy the same content on normal osrs, and I would love to see it on here. +1!

Honestly, at the moment I see no use for this. It will be completed and probably used, but I think we'd need more spread out content in general, if you skill, it's mainly in the dzone. If you level combat, it's mainly power leveling at bandits. 

Even though I see this being a very nice update in the future, I don't see it fitting in with the current content we have on runex. I feel we need a lot more of the content listed on @52xp's post if we were to get this. Example: the motherlode mine. 

Not to mention, it would take up a huge amount of coding time to impliment this, which I think would be better spent on fixing dead content, or adding new content that the community have supported on the forum.

So for now, I'll say no support.

Edited by Matt

36 minutes ago, Matt said:

Honestly, at the moment I see no use for this. It will be completed and probably used, but I think we'd need more spread out content in general, if you skill, it's mainly in the dzone. If you level combat, it's mainly power leveling at bandits. 

Even though I see this being a very nice update in the future, I don't see it fitting in with the current content we have on runex. I feel we need a lot more of the content listed on @52xp's post if we were to get this. Example: the motherlode mine. 

Not to mention, it would take up a huge amount of coding time to impliment this, which I think would be better spent on fixing dead content, or adding new content that the community have supported on the forum.

So for now, I'll say no support.

This would bring life to all content, including some you think are dead. 
Also, only a select set of skilling can be done at Dzone and most players aren't training at bandits, so I'm not sure why this was mentioned.

I'd like to hear more about why you don't think it will fit with the current content, as it literally uses current content and doesn't add much new.

I'd also like to see the MLM, but that is a very select section of content that wouldn't be used as much as achievement diaries. 

Also, I don't think it would take a great deal of coding, as it is just a tracker for certain activities, just like our achievement system, while something like MLM is creating new content.

Though it sounds like it would bring a lot more to do, im sceptical about bringing it into the server this late. I find it hard to form an opinion on this idea, would like to see some more examples of the rewards and perks you mentioned and some insight on how you would reform the achievements themselves or are you planning on keeping (a large part of) them the same?

Will refrain from giving this  a +1 or -1 untill I've heard other people's opinion on this but it does sound very interesting @Logical, will be paying close attention to this thread :)

Edited by Equave

4 hours ago, Logical said:

This would bring life to all content, including some you think are dead.

I'll continue to mention the max guild as example for dead content, the ancient titans are dead content. I am the only person on Runex that regularly farm there, maybe a few people go there for a few hours a week for a very limited period, then stop. I don't see how this content will be more alive from this suggestion. 

5 hours ago, Logical said:

I'd like to hear more about why you don't think it will fit with the current content, as it literally uses current content and doesn't add much new.

As for how Runex is now, it's a huge portion of the content in wilderness, and those are mainly around the cursed caverns as far as I know. Maybe the dailies teleports. (I barely ever step foot in wilderness, so this could be wrong). 

Skilling wise, I don't see how the achievement diaries will effect it. (I never did this part on osrs, so not sure how it work there in the first place).
I think we need some more depth in where we can skill, such as mining, MLM. If we want to skill, we have the skilling teleports and the donator zones. Not sure how you can make those better than they are now with help from achievement diaries.

Now that we have instanced boss fights, how will the achievement diaries effect that? Bossing can now be done from you PoH if you have the requirements to make the portal room, and for ironmen it's not even a need to sacrifice a pet to be allowed in.

The mini games, how will the achievement diaries effect those? Again, I don't see what they'll do to make any of them more used.

I mentioned bandits cause people go there to power level their magic and range to 99, so they can easily fight other places. I see it in the help cc that bandits is recommended to players who want to level fast, and I see it if I teleport there that it is being used. I remember from the day I joined the server, and until now, it's populare to level your combat stats up fast so you can attempt the more advanced content. 

What I've written is from the information above, and both your perk suggestions were wilderness related, so my guess is, that this will be a majority of wilderness boosting attempt. Which honestly, I see no reason to do. Wilderness is as dead as it is for a reason, achievements for killing 500 people, 50 in a row, forcing pkers to kill skillers and those who aren't that good at pking. This goes back to the countless of discussions there have been of the wilderness dying out. Adding more achievements to the wilderness content mean new places for pkers to camp players, which lead to more complaining in chat, and more banther thrown around. Back to square one. 

For the MLM, there is achievement diaries that require you to use shortcut inside the MLM. I can see shortcuts being restricted until you have the achievement diaries as well as agility level, but that's pretty much all I can see for now. Where do we find shortcuts that could be looped in for this? Brimhaven dungeon, frem slay cave, anywhere else?

On 7/3/2018 at 1:07 PM, Logical said:

The big issue is that RuneX isn't really broken up into areas other than Wilderness and not wilderness.

I guess this sentence is mainly the reason I don't see it fit in. I've tried to explain it above, but I feel that I can't make my point on "paper".

6 hours ago, Equave said:

Though it sounds like it would bring a lot more to do, im sceptical about bringing it into the server this late. I find it hard to form an opinion on this idea, would like to see some more examples of the rewards and perks you mentioned and some insight on how you would reform the achievements themselves or are you planning on keeping (a large part of) them the same?

Will refrain from giving this  a +1 or -1 untill I've heard other people's opinion on this but it does sound very interesting @Logical, will be paying close attention to this thread :)

The diaries would be completely separate from our current achievements and the achievement diaries themselves will have more focus on completing areas of content in challenging ways rather that just completing the content as set by the current achievements. 
Where the current achievements has 'Kill 250 Dagannoth Kings', an elite challenge for the diary would be 'Obtain all 4 Dagannoth rings without leaving the room'. 

The rewards would hopefully be modelled after the rewards in OSRS. Completing the Easy Wilderness Diary would reward the player with a small experience lamp and a Wilderness Sword 1 [Low tier weapon]. Completing the normal > Hard and Elite wilderness diary would reward the player with more experience, upgrade their wilderness sword [2>3>4] and grant perks at the higher levels such as noted dragon bone drops in the wilderness [Including lava and frost], Automatically picking up blood money drops and even something like access to the revenant caves.

Other challenge examples would be things like 'Complete a barrows run killing every brother with their own weapon' and 'Kill each Godwars boss without leaving the dungeon'. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I'll continue to mention the max guild as example for dead content, the ancient titans are dead content. I am the only person on Runex that regularly farm there, maybe a few people go there for a few hours a week for a very limited period, then stop. I don't see how this content will be more alive from this suggestion. 

A diary challenge could involve killing ancient titans. I'll use barbarian training as an example, no-one really does it, but if we made completing a barbarian slayer task [Final training tier] a diary challenge, players would have a reason to do it, especially if the rewards or perks were incentive enough. 

As for my mentioning of Wilderness a lot in this suggestion, that is only because it is the easiest to explain since it is the clearest broken up section. Perks for outside of the wilderness could include;

• Noted Bar drops from metallic dragons,
  • Single Revive at Enormous Mole,
  • Noted Dagannoth Bones,
  • Access to Lizardman Shamans multi cave [Not made yet]
  • Extra Blocked slayer task,
  • etc.

I never said that the achievement diaries would improve skilling, you brought that up. But it would give players a reason to get to certain levels to complete challenges like 'Runecraft 60 nature runes in 1 run' or 'Create a set of runite armour from scratch'.

Achievement diaries would have some effect on bossing, whether that is through players being required to kill a certain boss to complete a diary or a perk modifying a boss such as noted dagannoth bones. 

As for minigames, we really don't have many of them, but the diaries would effect them in the same way as other content, including challenges within the minigames such as the barrows on I stated above. 

• Like 1

No support on this. There's no point adding achievement diaries in the game this late when you could just add more achievements to the achievement system. 

2 hours ago, Raw said:

No support on this. There's no point adding achievement diaries in the game this late when you could just add more achievements to the achievement system. 

I see no problem with adding them in late, we could say the same thing about almost all content and any new achievements in our current system.

I also listed a lot of sample challenges, none of them have a place in our current list of achievements.

Sure they do. Ryan can code achievements in and out. There's no need for more achievement diaries when you haven't even completed the 206 that we have. 

I see how the achievement diaries can be a great addition, but I'll stick to my no. If getting all the dag rings without leaving the room would be one. Then you'd have to expect a hella load of complaints about other people crashing others. It's not going to put life in content if everyone have to compete to get it. Then we need more options on where to kill the certain bosses/mobs. Dag kings has already been a lot of fighting over, crashers, people not being satisfied by having 1, so they go for all 3, even if there are 2 people already there ready to peacefully share them. 

The wilderness part, as I said before, there will be a huge amount of complaints because there will be new places to camp and the common comment for those who get killed will be "I am just trying to complete my achievement diary, leave me alone" and that will once again start banther and end up in mutes. The amount of pkers on the server are not many, and those who pk get a lot of trash their way because they kill them while doing achievement diaries, and they might end up throwing back, creating toxicity in the community and not to mention the help cc. I see a lot more negative than positive by adding this in. 

We have grand looting bag in the rune coin exchange for auto loot and bag space. We have pets that increase your prayer points regularly. You could remain in areas for a very large amount of time without having to have noted bone drops or not. If you can't afford the grand looting bag, then there is always the gold looting bag. They're both functioning the same way, but the grand looting bag has infinite charges. 

You said I brought up the skilling, and yes ofcourse I did, because it would only be fair if the achievement diaries benefit all of the players in the community, skillers, pkers, pvmers and pures. 

Edited by Matt

We have bossing portals that can help ease the crashing, but this has always been an issue.
Who cares if people complain about getting killed in the wilderness, we are not here to make everything safer and friendly, if players go into the wilderness for any reason the can expect to die. But the mere addition of wilderness diaries is not going to suddenly make the wilderness inaccessible. I did over 75 cursed keys over the course of 2 days, I had a huge target on my back and not a single person came to kill me, but if they did I wouldn't complain, that is the risk I choose to take. So to say that some players being salty is a reason not to add new content is pretty stupid. 

Looting bags and pets shouldn't be held up as a reason to not like this suggestion either. The golden looting bag is pretty useless since it costs runecoins to pick up items and is never worth using and the grand looting bag is ridiculously expensive, was out of reach for the bulk of our players. The idea behind the noted bone or bar drops isn't to prolong trips, it's to give players a reason to pick those items up because 99% of bone and bar drops are left to despawn or be crushed. 

As for skilling, you brought it up to say that this would not benefit skilling, but why should it need to? If a challenge requires some particular skill to complete it gives players an incentive to do that skill.

You are one of the pkers that kill all the players that enter wilderness, so ofcourse you're not the one that people go for. I remember a time when you rushed anyone you saw with cursed cannon.

I'm not going to continue this, I have said my part, and you clearly don't get my point. If you want me to explain it further, hook me up on discord and I'll talk to you through voice. 

Once again, No support as of right now. Maybe in the future.

Edited by Matt