Dragon 9616

Pin possible solution

Hey there,

Recently, in like the last 48 hours of me being on here. I legitimately feel I have seen a lot of “pin reset please” “forgot pin” and etc threads.

Now before you cut to the chase. I’ve pondered a bit about this in terms of how people may react. “Maybe they should just write it down next time” “maybe they should get a better memory” “it’s their own fault for not remembering” “if they forget their pin, their punishment is waiting” and possibly more responses like this. 

However the situation though, constantly keeps occurring, so maybe there needs to be a backup plan or a possible different solution? 

What I was thinking could be a possible solution is maybe when you make your pin and you don’t write it down or forget or rush or think you have it memorized. Implement some kind of notice or warning pop up asking you to have the pin sent to your email associated with the account and/or forum message. 

This could be an automotive message as well so that staff do not have to worry about this and can focus on other issues at hand.

now the pros and cons are as follows:

PROS:

1.) Less clutter on forums to deal with about the issue

2.) Takes up less time from staff having to deal with it so they can work on something else.

3.) Players do not have to wait for their thread to cycle through and waste minutes or hours of precious grinding. 

CONS:

1.) Bugs may occur where maybe the pin won’t actually get sent to the email and then staff will have to deal with it then.

This is all I can honestly think of. Please let me know your opinions on this. All much appreciated. Thanks for reading as well.

-Dragon 9616

Edited by Dragon 9616

I doubt the pin system will be changed in any way. 
Pin resets are one of the easiest tickets for Ramzi to deal with as it is just a simple check to make sure the person requesting the pin is the owner of the account and the it is reset.

The pin is also the last line of defence if someone hacks your account, so unless you have separate passwords for your forum account [Which most players don't] sending the pin to your forum PMs is the last thing you want to happen.
We could send it to the email address provided, however our system has never had steps in place to validate email addresses and I'm sure I am not the only player who just puts in [xdtgvd@gmail.com] whenever I want to make a new account.

Keeping track of your pin is just like a bank card, if you forget the number they don't just text you a new one. We try to keep a high standard when it comes to account security and unfortunately that means players who forget their pins may have to wait a day or so to get it reset so that the players who do get hacked aren't in more danger. 

1 minute ago, Logical said:

I doubt the pin system will be changed in any way. 
Pin resets are one of the easiest tickets for Ramzi to deal with as it is just a simple check to make sure the person requesting the pin is the owner of the account and the it is reset.

The pin is also the last line of defence if someone hacks your account, so unless you have separate passwords for your forum account [Which most players don't] sending the pin to your forum PMs is the last thing you want to happen.
We could send it to the email address provided, however our system has never had steps in place to validate email addresses and I'm sure I am not the only player who just puts in [xdtgvd@gmail.com] whenever I want to make a new account.

Keeping track of your pin is just like a bank card, if you forget the number they don't just text you a new one. We try to keep a high standard when it comes to account security and unfortunately that means players who forget their pins may have to wait a day or so to get it reset so that the players who do get hacked aren't in more danger. 

Thank you for your input. I understand entirely what you mean. 

Just now, Dragon 9616 said:

Thank you for your input. I understand entirely what you mean. 

I appreciate the effort put into the idea, we may add in a command to allow some ranks of in-game staff to reset pins for players if we feel Ramzi is over burdened by them.

4 minutes ago, Logical said:

I appreciate the effort put into the idea, we may add in a command to allow some ranks of in-game staff to reset pins for players if we feel Ramzi is over burdened by them.

That seems like it would be fairly helpful but how would you know the person is who they say they are and not just someone hacking the account? It would have to go back to a higher level of authority to check ips right?

Most levels of in-game staff can check IPs, UIDs and their matches, which I believe if Ramzis method, however I'm not entirely sure. 

• Thanks 1