52xp

[Skilling] In-Depth Crafting Guide

Crafting icon CRAFTING Crafting icon

Crafting, provided you have the supplies, is one of the fastest 99s you can achieve here on Runex. All you will be doing is cutting gems, converting raw hides and creating shiny jewelry on your way to 99 Crafting - all of which can be done with very high experience rates per hour.

Table of Contents: 
1.) Required & Useful Items
2.) General Information
3.) Efficient Method

4.) Alternative Method(s)
5.) Other Useful Info

1.) Required & Useful Items
Here on Runex, all you need to begin Crafting are a Chisel Chisel, Needle Needle and Thread Thread.

There are also several different experience bonus items on Runex to capitalize on:

Spoiler

jyqo0cg.png Skiller Tokens

Grants 2x Skilling experience per 10k exp earned

REb5QCi.png Catalyst Tokens

Grants 3x all experience per 5k exp earned

Varrock armour 4 Varrock Armor (1-4)

Grants 5-20% (1-4) all experience gained

Safety gloves Safety Gloves

Grants 2.5% all experience gained

Fighting boots Fighting Boots

Grants 2.5% all experience gained

vqXtwKL.png Skilling Backpack

Grants 5% all experience when worn

YM4FZsc.png Studious Elixir

Grants 25% Skilling experience for 60 minutes

wY3AYb8.png Scholar's Blessing

Doubles the effectiveness of exp Tokens

2.) General Information

There are several different ways you can train Crafting, all of which are "okay" paths to take.

Spoiler

No matter your method to 99, you should get a couple of levels first using a Needle Needle, Thread Thread and some Leather Leather. 

To maximize efficiency on Runex, you want to obtain 20 Crafting using this method.

Crafting icon 1-7 4GYldHV.png Leather Gloves

Crafting icon 7-11 KLikYhX.png Leather Boots

Crafting icon 11-18 RJkFZDQ.png Leather Vambs

Crafting icon 18-20 ~ xQs0PRG.png Leather Chaps

After achieving 20 Crafting, move on to the next step - Efficient Method - found below.

3.) Efficient Method

The fastest way to train Crafting from 1 to 99 by far:

Spoiler

If you have the money, the most efficient way to train Crafting is by cutting gems (easier to obtain than hides).

Crafting icon 20-27 ~ Uncut sapphire Uncut Sapphires

Crafting icon 27-34 ~ Uncut emerald Uncut Emeralds

Crafting icon 34-43 ~ Uncut ruby Uncut Rubies

Crafting icon 43-55 ~ Uncut diamond Uncut Diamonds

Crafting icon 55-99 ~ Uncut dragonstone Uncut Dragonstones

Alternatively, if you're extremely rich, you could instead use:

Crafting icon 55-72 ~ Uncut dragonstone Uncut Dragonstones

Crafting icon 72-99Uncut onyx Uncut Onyxes

4.) Alternative Method(s)

While cutting gems is the quickest way to 99, there are several other methods..

Spoiler

5.) Other Useful Info

Below is a list of all (used) Uncut Gems, their experience, and some more useful information for the skill.

Spoiler

Experience per Gem cut

Uncut sapphire Uncut Sapphire ~ Crafting Level: 20
Normal: 6,750 exp
Hard: 2,500 exp
Supreme: 1,000 exp
Prime: 150 exp

Uncut emerald Uncut Emerald ~ Crafting Level: 27
Normal: 9,112.5 exp
Hard: 3,375 exp
Supreme: 1,350 exp
Prime: 202.5 exp

Uncut ruby Uncut Ruby ~ Crafting Level: 34
Normal: 11,475 exp
Hard: 4,250 exp
Supreme: 1,700 exp
Prime: 255 exp

Uncut diamond Uncut Diamond ~ Crafting Level: 43
Normal: 14,512.5 exp
Hard: 5,375 exp
Supreme: 2,150 exp
Prime: 322.5 exp

Uncut dragonstone Uncut Dragonstone ~ Crafting Level: 55
Normal: 18,562.5 exp
Hard: 6,875 exp
Supreme: 2,750 exp
Prime: 412.5 exp

Uncut onyx Uncut Onyx ~ Crafting Level: 72
Normal: 22,612.5 exp
Hard: 8,375 exp
Supreme: 3,350 exp
Prime: 502.5 exp

Zenyte necklace Zenyte bracelet Crafting Zenyte Jewelry Zenyte amulet Zenyte ring

A lot of players seem to have trouble crafting Zenyte jewelry - so I figured we'd touch on that.

First you need to create the Uncut Zenyte gem itself - here's how:

Zenyte shard Zenyte Shard + Onyx Cut Onyx = Uncut zenyte Uncut Zenyte

Once you have the Uncut Zenyte, cut it to obtain a Zenyte Zenyte gem.

With this, you need a Gold bar Gold Bar and the corresponding Bracelet mouldAmulet mouldNecklace mouldRing mould Mould.

Find a Furnace (found at ::dzone or East of ::home's bank) and use the Gold bar Gold Bar on it.

Upon doing so, you should be greeted with an interface for crafting Zenyte jewelry, like normal. :^)

Pretty straight forward guide, could be beefed up by adding in methods of obtaining certain resources such as elf pickpocketting for uncut dragon stones, rogues chest for uncut diamonds, dragons dropping noted tanned hides etc.
It would also be nice to include the crafting cape and it's perk, exp per hour methods for the common resources such as high end uncut gems, and achievements and their rewards such as the regular crafting achievements and the 1500 leather items crafted.

You should also add mystic tokens to the useful information section and a little section guiding players how to make zenyte jewellery since that seems to be a common issue.

I like guides for their little tips and tricks rather than just 'here is how do you it, here is the exp'.

2 minutes ago, Logical said:

Pretty straight forward guide, could be beefed up by adding in methods of obtaining certain resources such as elf pickpocketting for uncut dragon stones, rogues chest for uncut diamonds, dragons dropping noted tanned hides etc.
It would also be nice to include the crafting cape and it's perk, exp per hour methods for the common resources such as high end uncut gems, and achievements and their rewards such as the regular crafting achievements and the 1500 leather items crafted.

You should also add mystic tokens to the useful information section and a little section guiding players how to make zenyte jewellery since that seems to be a common issue.

I like guides for their little tips and tricks rather than just 'here is how do you it, here is the exp'.

I plan to add everything you've suggested & more in the near future, just pumping out nearly complete skeletons for the time being to finish up in the coming days. :)

Appreciate the feedback as always, @Logical. <3

• Like 1

Great guide. One thing I believe I did not see was jewelry making. Explicitly furies, moulds, as well as some of the higher tier jewelry like crafting the amulet of torture and the ones requiring shards and additional items.

oh is glassblowing in game as well? If so that is crafting right? If not, ignore it haha

Nonetheless excellent guide! 😁

Edited by Dragon 9616

I have added how to Craft Zenyte Jewelry under the `Other Useful Info` section.

The only reason I didn't touch on other methods of training is because they are expensive or very inefficient. 

Thanks for the feedback. ♥

3 hours ago, J said:

I have added how to Craft Zenyte Jewelry under the `Other Useful Info` section.

The only reason I didn't touch on other methods of training is because they are expensive or very inefficient. 

Thanks for the feedback. ♥

Makes sense. I was just not sure how to make them the other day, so it came to me, what if someone else wanted to know how as well.

you are welcome bud ❤️👊🏻