Iron Logic

Forum/Community

Forums/Community Poll  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for anything you support: Comment why you don't support certain things please <3

• The 'Help' section should be removed from the 'Most Recent' posts,
    • The 'Help' section should have new categories added to allow for cleaner management,
    • The 'Most Recent' section should be broken up into the most recent Posts and Topics,
    • Adding a list of currently online staff to the forums,
    • Adding Donator ranks to the forums,
    • Adding a Reputation based 'levelling' system,
    • Creating a RuneX Wikipedia.
  2. 2. Should the Forums be improved upon more?

• Yes, They are important for a healthy server/Community,
    • Yes, Although I wont use them anyway,
    • No, It will take away from the development of In-game content,
    • No, I don't use the forums so It wont benefit my experience.
    • I don't Care

I have made a few of these in the past, but since forums isn't a huge priority they haven't been implemented so I'll try again :P 

1. Removing certain sections of the forum from the 'Most Recent' section:

This is just a small gripe, due to our forums low activity it is common for people to just look at the 'Most Recent' posts. However, there are sections of the forum that will push all of the new community content out of the way. Such as the 'Help' thread, 99.9% of players do not need to be informed of these posts since the staff are the ones required to submit tickets etc. Posts in this section should not show up in the 'Most Recent' section.

2. Cleaning up the 'Help' section:

I've mentioned this one 100 times, but it would be very beneficial for the help section to have a few more categories added for better management. Specifically a section for staff to move a post to once a ticket has been submitted and a section for staff to move a post to once a ticket has been 100% resolved.  Currently with all of the posts in the same section it is common for a post or two to remain unseen, especially if Ramzi completes 10 or so tickets and the unseen post is pushed to the second page. 

As a Forum Moderator I would take it as one of my duties to make sure this section is maintained. Please <3

3. Break up the 'Most Recent' section:

It would be nice to see the 'Most Recent' section broken up into two categories, 'Most recent Posts' and 'Most recent Topics'. This is due to a similar issue as point 1, If a particular topic has a lot of comments on it (such as an update post), it will fill up the most recent section and possibly lead to other topics being overlooked. 

4. Adding a 'Staff Online' section of the forums:

This is just a nice little thing to add, a lot of servers have them these days. While it wouldn't make a huge difference, there are often times when I have the forums open but I am not in-game, this section would let people know that I'm active on the forums and they can PM me if something is required. 

5. Adding Donator Ranks to the forums:

I've always been confused as to why we haven't done this, If I had to guess it is because Forum and Client accounts are not linked so all of the ranks would have to be manually added by Ramzi which would take up a load of his time. But personally I think it would be worth spending the extra time to give the players who support this server a title. 

If possible, to save Ramzi the time, I would be willing to do this. 

6. Adding Reputation 'Armours':

A lot of servers have a form of levelling system on the forums through the player given 'reputation'. The quick breakdown is that you start with 'Bronze armour' and then as you gain reputation on the forums it upgrades.

I think it would be really beneficial to incorporate that system to our forums, as it would encourage forum activity and the creation of better posts. 

7. Creating a RuneX Wikipedia:

I love when an RSPS has a wikipedia, because it is the best way to access all of the information you need. Guides are very limited and often overlook certain aspects of RuneX and if a guide tried to include all relevant information it is cluttered, messy and too much to consume. 

A Wikipedia also opens up a lot of opportunity for more community involvement. Large contributors could also be rewarded with a forum title.

If enough people support a RuneX Wikipedia I will make another post and go into more detail on how beneficial it would be!

It also goes without saying that I would be willing to manage the wikipedia as well as heavily contribute. 

• Like 1

I just want to be able to look up all the server specific items and see their stats.

A lot of the times the only way to see the stats is if someone has it on the trading post

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Logical said:

7. Creating a RuneX Wikipedia:

This would be amazing, something that many players would benefit from. Personally I'd be very active on updating the Wiki. If added to the game the guides section wouldn't necessarily be dead since a Zulrah guide would explain the fighting tactics and inventory/gear setup. This is the only thing that I see someone might shoot this idea for.

6 minutes ago, RogueMS said:

A lot of the times the only way to see the stats is if someone has it on the trading post

Another reason why a Wiki would be amazing, especially for items without a hover over text, such as Ecumenical key.

7 hours ago, Logical said:

1. Removing certain sections of the forum from the 'Most Recent' section:

This is just a small gripe, due to our forums low activity it is common for people to just look at the 'Most Recent' posts. However, there are sections of the forum that will push all of the new community content out of the way. Such as the 'Help' thread, 99.9% of players do not need to be informed of these posts since the staff are the ones required to submit tickets etc. Posts in this section should not show up in the 'Most Recent' section.

I think it would be nice to still have them on a 'Most Recent' but maybe one that's separated from the other parts, but not removed completely, it's nice for those who have topics in the help section to be able to keep up with it on the side while roaming the forums.

7 hours ago, Logical said:

3. Break up the 'Most Recent' section:

It would be nice to see the 'Most Recent' section broken up into two categories, 'Most recent Posts' and 'Most recent Topics'. This is due to a similar issue as point 1, If a particular topic has a lot of comments on it (such as an update post), it will fill up the most recent section and possibly lead to other topics being overlooked. 

One section where updates, help, announcements, events etc would pop up, and another one where all the random stuff on the forum pop up. I think that would be great. 

I support everything in this post. I am not the most active person on the forum, but it sure would make it easier and more wanting for me to be active if I saw a rank, cleaner and a more systematic forum. 

Something I also really want is that @Ryan  @Nate & @Ramzi start replying to some of the posts, like the suggestions. I spoke to one of them, I do not recall who, think it was Ramzi. I was told that it was something they wanted to do more. Not only will it be satisfying to see the masterminds behind Runex replying to your posts, but also suggestion wise, it'll lower the amount of speculation and guessing on what's going to come and not into the game. It might also change the fact that suggestions are repeated 10-20 times in different posts.

Forums could definitely use some polishing and increased activity.

I'll be working toward providing active feedback on these suggestion threads as well. @Logical proposed the possibility of doing condensed monthly/bi-weekly suggestion Q&A topics (community driven), which I'm very open to participating in.

Thanks,
Ryan

• Thanks 1

Runex wiki is very needed. If you're a noob on the server it can be VERY confusing getting used to all the custom items & content in general.

I haven't played regularly for just a couple months now, and just by reading the recent updates - I know that even I would be confused if I logged in right now.

Edited by Pane

5 hours ago, Pane said:

Runex wiki is very needed. If you're a noob on the server it can be VERY confusing getting used to all the custom items & content in general.

I haven't played regularly for just a couple months now, and just by reading the recent updates - I know that even I would be confused if I logged in right now.

If you stay away from runex in 2 days, you're like 1 year behind on what happens :P Was off this weekend and when I got back, so much had happened.

• Like 1