forrest

Fatality Ban

Some suspicious stuff seems to be going on. Fatality was a good member of the server and helped many people. No evidence has been presented to him or to anything showing he "rwt". Also, there seems to be some backdoor cash rumors going around. Can we get some evidence of RWT?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wcshotzz said:

dude tried to scam like 4 people, me included. He needs to stay banned.

he Tried to. Hence the try part. Totally different if he actually did. He never rwt traded. They havent shown him any proof that he did either. Your argument is literally like saying that if someone trying to scam me they should be banned. He didnt do anything wrong

• Like 1

Look, he was banned for attempting to RWT. I caught him in the act when he suspiciously asked for people with RS3 money and gear to PM him as the staff team had already heard rumours of Fatality trying to RWT.

When I PMed him I really wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt that he had a RS3 clan or something so I began to fish for information and eventually he outright said that he wanted to trade RuneX gold for RS3 gold. 

Here is the exact rule when it comes to RWT.

1: Real World Trading (RWT)

• Offering to Buy or Sell Runex GP/Items for anything else other then Runex Ingame Wealth is a serious offense. (Trolling about RWT is also an offense).

Normally I hold a relaxed view on RWT because I thought a transaction had to take place first, but the rule clearly states that Trolling or offering are serious offences. 

He had admitted that he was offering to sell RuneX GP for RS3 gp and was rightfully banned.

I will leave this thread open for discussion.

But Fatality's best bet is to submit an appeal and see how it goes.

Why isn't he appealing himself than? punishment is justified, but if he appeals and waits a while im sure it will get lifted eventually

I'm pretty sure Raw said this a lot that fatality's ban wasn't up for discussion from anyone, If fatality wishes for evidence or to talk to a staff member thats for him to decide, if he wants to appeal for a ban hes also the one who needs to do that. 

2 hours ago, Vise said:

I'm pretty sure Raw said this a lot that fatality's ban wasn't up for discussion from anyone, If fatality wishes for evidence or to talk to a staff member thats for him to decide, if he wants to appeal for a ban hes also the one who needs to do that. 

I'd avoid it in-game but on here I think it is fine to discuss any topic as long as it is respectful and within the rules.  

Or I could ban Vise and whenever someone asks tell them they can't discuss it >:3

This isn't a topic for bashing or anything. This is what people do in the real weird. We discuss findings and get the truth. I have no problem with him being banned if he did RWT.

I am a bit disappointed to see this point from such a vet player like yourself Forrest. Mods / admins have never had to show any proof, this isn't a public platform where you'd need a trial and proven guilty. The mods are assigned by the owner of the server to be there enforcers and eyes while they are not around. Much like Doxing or DDoS threats, they dealt with the problem as quickly as possible to mitigate the damage. While there are probably logs of Fatality saying this, why would we waste time on pulling those up?

I am not bashing on anyone but if Fatality truly knew he was in the right he would appeal the bad. Judging on his character from interacting in game, he 100% knows he did wrong and got caught. If he wasn't banned for this I am sure he would have been banned or perm muted shortly there after, as I was collecting screen shots myself, have over 30. 

But anyways I had to voice my opinion, but i'll let this thread carry on.

10 hours ago, Twisted Bank said:

he Tried to. Hence the try part. Totally different if he actually did. He never rwt traded. They havent shown him any proof that he did either. Your argument is literally like saying that if someone trying to scam me they should be banned. He didnt do anything wrong

what?

lol, it's called prevention - the reason law enforcement agencies conduct "stings" is to prevent a crime from being committed.

what backwards ass logic is "well, if he didn't successfully scam - he's not a scammer"

i totally get his frustration if he hasn't been shown proof of the attempt, but to say he's innocent because he wasn't able to follow through with his intention is asinine.

I'm locking this as there doesn't need to be a discussion. We had our administrator look into his chat logs, trade logs, everything you can imagine. He attempted to scam twisted bows to the point a moderator had to confiscate and hand it back to another player and openly admitted to RWT. He's banned, that's final. You want proof that he Rwt'd? 3481tmq.png

• Like 1