Deniz

this needs a buff

well since raids got nerfed almost half the server stopped trying basically what i have to say is buff the drop rates a little bit ive done over 350 raids by now only got 4 drops 1 of the chest and 3 of the demi bosse's id say a buff on the chest is a must the only time i see any chest loots are between 3-7 days in a week i dont want to make this too complicated basically saying buff it a little bit people are grinding really hard for the drops give them some more potential

edit:on the demi bosse's too please

Edited by paladinx

I gess it depends on how you look at it Others can do 1-10 raids and have best RNG and then again some do 1-10 and have no loot but will eventually get something good more times they try but that's just my opnion

1 minute ago, Tekton said:

I gess it depends on how you look at it Others can do 1-10 raids and have best RNG and then again some do 1-10 and have no loot but will eventually get something good more times they try but that's just my opnion

thats why im making this i do 20-40 raids a day and get absolutely nothing for the past 3-4 days atm thats why im posting this also about the chest if u check u most likely never see drops once in a week probably or none

I've gotten nothing except Vesp shortbow and a buckler since raids came out. 

But i'm fine with the current drop rates. 

No need to make BIS items more common.

• Like 1

These are suppose to be the top tier items and based on updates I think they want to keep it like this for awhile. It’s the reason raid items where taken off tokens. All this being said I disagree anything should be buffed. This would over saturate the eco with the best in slot items and cause them to again add another top tier set in. Which ruins the eco of lower sets. Think about the over all eco rather than your personal gain here :).

Edited by Rolla
  • Thanks 1

agree with levi and rolla on this.

some people have incredibly good rng and some don't. 

bumping the rng to be a specific value for all participants removed the random from rng. Although the grind sometimes sucks, everyone goes through it.

Demi bosses are definitely fine the way they are, however i feel like the chest is not. The chest should be the main reward from a raid, however most announced good items actually come from the demi bosses. It has come to a point where some people prefer to just farm a certain demi boss instead of going for the chest. Rare drops from chest (announced drops) need to be slightly less rare. 

22 minutes ago, Fab said:

Demi bosses are definitely fine the way they are, however i feel like the chest is not. The chest should be the main reward from a raid, however most announced good items actually come from the demi bosses. It has come to a point where some people prefer to just farm a certain demi boss instead of going for the chest. Rare drops from chest (announced drops) need to be slightly less rare. 

agreeing a 1000% percent on this

i have some friends that camp a certain demi boss for loot only then leave the raid

Edited by paladinx

I definitely agree that the chest needs a buff. Like Paladin said, he's done over 350 raids. There is no reason why he should have been THAT unlucky to get 1 drop. I vote to make the chest drop rates better (significantly) and if felt absolutely necessary, remove unique drops from Demi bosses altogether, or make their drop rates more rare. I mean, realistically, you should be getting an item from the chest at least 1 in every 50 raids.

The rare items from the chest was never nerfed, just the quantity of the regular items which was a very needed nerf.

As far as the demi-bosses, the Vanguards had their drop rate lowered recently. But aside from that, you are killing 3-5 demi-bosses per raid and only looting the chest once so it is only natural that you are going to see a lot of items drop from demi-bosses. You also need to look at the fact that a lot of items are unique to the chest such as the Twisted bow, ancient relic etc. 

Prior to raids, the only consistent method of obtaining a Twisted bow was by collecting 25 sacred tokens, a feat that would take a regular player months (Without buying them). I'm glad that we aren't seeing these items fly into the game.

2 hours ago, paladinx said:

i have some friends that camp a certain demi boss for loot only then leave the raid

That's totally up to them, If they want to camp a certain boss for 750-1000 kills that is up to them. That's just like any other boss, they are going for 1 unique drop.

41 minutes ago, Troll Lmfao said:

realistically, you should be getting an item from the chest at least 1 in every 50 raids.

Absolutely not, that is not realistic in the slightest. With a good raids team (Team 2) you can rip through a full raid in 15 minutes. Maybe if you soloed a grandmaster 5 man you should expect a 1 in 50 drop rate.

46 minutes ago, Troll Lmfao said:

he's done over 350 raids. There is no reason why he should have been THAT unlucky to get 1 drop.

He only got what would be objectively the rarest drop from raids on the day of release :/

mLCwEHs.png

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Logical said:

The rare items from the chest was never nerfed, just the quantity of the regular items which was a very needed nerf.

As far as the demi-bosses, the Vanguards had their drop rate lowered recently. But aside from that, you are killing 3-5 demi-bosses per raid and only looting the chest once so it is only natural that you are going to see a lot of items drop from demi-bosses. You also need to look at the fact that a lot of items are unique to the chest such as the Twisted bow, ancient relic etc. 

Prior to raids, the only consistent method of obtaining a Twisted bow was by collecting 25 sacred tokens, a feat that would take a regular player months (Without buying them). I'm glad that we aren't seeing these items fly into the game.

That's totally up to them, If they want to camp a certain boss for 750-1000 kills that is up to them. That's just like any other boss, they are going for 1 unique drop.

Absolutely not, that is not realistic in the slightest. With a good raids team (Team 2) you can rip through a full raid in 15 minutes. Maybe if you soloed a grandmaster 5 man you should expect a 1 in 50 drop rate.

He only got what would be objectively the rarest drop from raids on the day of release :/

mLCwEHs.png

The point is, that the chest is meant to be the main reward, not the demi-bosses. The chest should have a drop rate calculated similar to how it is on OSRS. X amount of points = 1% chance of getting unique, capped at X%. Example: OSRS it's I believe 7,150 points gives a 1% chance of getting a unique, capped at 80%, with a maximum of 3 unique loots in a single raid. Even if you copied the exact same formula, that would mean the average solo raid would give between a 3-5% chance of obtaining a unique reward, depending on difficulty of the raid. It seems more like it's a .000001% chance of getting a unique item from the chest, which is ridiculous. Then, on Oldschool, each individual item has a certain drop rate % calculated after hitting the unique table, with items such as Twisted Bow and Ancestral having approximately a 3% chance of obtaining. In short, on average, you should be receiving a loot from a solo raid approximately every 20-30 raids upon going by RuneScapes numbers in a solo. Therefore, with Paladin having 350+ raids, statistically speaking he should have gotten at a minimum 10 uniques from the chest. Obviously theoretical statistics and actual statistics differ, much like flipping a coin being 50/50 but not getting heads and tails 5 times each in a 10 flip sample. Realistically though, Paladin should have gotten at a minimum like 5 loots from the chest alone, not 1. There is no reason private server raids should have that low of a drop rate in comparison to the real game. Like I said, chest needs a HUGE buff with the removal of demi boss loots, or a hardcore nerf to their drop rates (Such as 1/5k for Elder maul, 1/7,500 for Tekton Pet) etc.

2 minutes ago, Troll Lmfao said:

The point is, that the chest is meant to be the main reward, not the demi-bosses. The chest should have a drop rate calculated similar to how it is on OSRS. X amount of points = 1% chance of getting unique, capped at X%. Example: OSRS it's I believe 7,150 points gives a 1% chance of getting a unique, capped at 80%, with a maximum of 3 unique loots in a single raid. Even if you copied the exact same formula, that would mean the average solo raid would give between a 3-5% chance of obtaining a unique reward, depending on difficulty of the raid. It seems more like it's a .000001% chance of getting a unique item from the chest, which is ridiculous. Then, on Oldschool, each individual item has a certain drop rate % calculated after hitting the unique table, with items such as Twisted Bow and Ancestral having approximately a 3% chance of obtaining. In short, on average, you should be receiving a loot from a solo raid approximately every 20-30 raids upon going by RuneScapes numbers in a solo. Therefore, with Paladin having 350+ raids, statistically speaking he should have gotten at a minimum 10 uniques from the chest. Obviously theoretical statistics and actual statistics differ, much like flipping a coin being 50/50 but not getting heads and tails 5 times each in a 10 flip sample. Realistically though, Paladin should have gotten at a minimum like 5 loots from the chest alone, not 1. There is no reason private server raids should have that low of a drop rate in comparison to the real game. Like I said, chest needs a HUGE buff with the removal of demi boss loots, or a hardcore nerf to their drop rates (Such as 1/5k for Elder maul, 1/7,500 for Tekton Pet) etc.

You are forgetting that this is not Runescape or Oldschool. We also have tiered difficulty which will effect the drop rate.

Have you ever heard of going dry at a boss? This is the exact same thing. You don't see me trying to get the drop rates of thermonuclear smoke devil changed because I'm 6x the drop rate without getting one.

There has been plenty of chest loots and Paladin has had a dry streak with the exception of the rarest reward from raids.

And just on a side note, you can't predict what Paladin should have obtained with any form of realism due to the fact that you don't know how the raids rewards chest is calculated and neither do I. Quite frankly no-one should know how it works. 

1 minute ago, Logical said:

You are forgetting that this is not Runescape or Oldschool. We also have tiered difficulty which will effect the drop rate.

Have you ever heard of going dry at a boss? This is the exact same thing. You don't see me trying to get the drop rates of thermonuclear smoke devil changed because I'm 6x the drop rate without getting one.

There has been plenty of chest loots and Paladin has had a dry streak with the exception of the rarest reward from raids.

And just on a side note, you can't predict what Paladin should have obtained with any form of realism due to the fact that you don't know how the raids rewards chest is calculated and neither do I. Quite frankly no-one should know how it works. 

That is your opinion, and this is the opinion of other players aside from yourself. Also, like I said... The drop rates should not be rarer than the original game, which it seems to be very apparent that they are. Also, I wasn't predicting what Paladin "should" have gotten with how the chest works currently. I was saying going off of Oldschools drop rates, that is what he should have gotten. Technically the drop rates should be better for raids on Runex than they are on Oldschool just like drops from any other boss on the server. Plain and simple, private servers are meant to be an alternative, easier version of RuneScape that require much less grinding. There is no reason that the only realistic way for a player to get a Twisted Bow, is to resort to FPing their entire bank in hopes of not losing it all. It's plain and simple. Raids items are top tier gear and should be rare, yes. The problem is, they are TOO rare. My opinion is just as valid as yours is. 

I haven't read through everyones post here, but from reading some of them. I do not agree that the chest drop need changing, the only change I'd see needed would be removing bad items such as Dragon harpoon from it. When you first hit the score table of the chest, it should be something decent good to top tier, but it should be hard and very lucky to hit the score table.

Demi bosses is doing a good job dropping gear and items that's good so they are fine. Honestly wanted them to be nerfed and increased to maybe a 1/2000 instead of the 1/1000 that most of them got. 

Overall, raid items shouldn't be something you see very often, it should be something that is a lot of grinding behind.

Will note on this, we do have drop rate increasing items on Runex which Osrs doesn't.

As for the chest which contains super rare items, it should be as is. 

I respect all opinions on this conversation but I don't honestly feel a buff to the chest is needed. (coming from someone who has yet to get a drop from it in 200 raids)

All I got. Bye :D

i think everybody agree's upon this next suggestion then can we atleast know how much 1% drop rate on chest is so we can calculate hm points we need to get for a high percentage of loot

I just feel like going 200+ raids dry is more of a waste of time, than it is a grind. As I mentioned earlier, the chest should be the most rewarding part of raids, not the demi-bosses. You also have to take into consideration not every player is going to be able to afford things like 3 luck tokens for their pets, plus the upgrades. I feel as though raids should be more rewarding to the average player than they currently are. It seems like the only way raids are viable for anyone is if they either have a maxed pet, a twisted bow, or both. 

Just now, Troll Lmfao said:

I just feel like going 200+ raids dry is more of a waste of time, than it is a grind. As I mentioned earlier, the chest should be the most rewarding part of raids, not the demi-bosses. You also have to take into consideration not every player is going to be able to afford things like 3 luck tokens for their pets, plus the upgrades. I feel as though raids should be more rewarding to the average player than they currently are. It seems like the only way raids are viable for anyone is if they either have a maxed pet, a twisted bow, or both. 

agreeing a 100%

I just feel like we should be seeing at a minimum, 1 global drop per day from the chest with how many people are constantly raiding. So far, in approximately 2 weeks of playing, Paladin's Olmlet is literally the only unique I've seen from the chest. I've seen 10+ uniques (not counting Onyx) in this time dropped by demi bosses. Something about this system just doesn't make sense and it needs to be changed in my opinion. Buff chest, remove drops from demi bosses. Problem solved.

I agree with it at the same time as I don't.

I don't think it'll help much to remove the demi boss drops, only if those are then added into the chest along with all the other loot, which is going to end up with quite a bit of different loot here, making it close to impossible to get the drops you might want. I still think that it shouldn't be easy for the people that run around in low gear to do raids, it's already quite easy to do raids. 

When it comes to the pets, I don't agree how you say that only those with 3x Luck accessories or max pets are able to do this raid. Cause that's far from the case. I have gotten molten gloves from the chest, took me 88 raids, but been dry since, and that suck, but I think it's only fair since it's good drops in the chest. When I saw "I am iron" get a dragon harpoon from the chest, I kinda got demotivated to even do raids. That's the most important fix if you ask me, we already have ways of getting dragon harpoons, why add them to raid?

As for the demi boss drops vs the chest drops, yes it have been a lot more demi boss drops than chest drops, which is to be expected because of the 3x luck accessories people have, ring of wealth (i) and supreme and prime game mode, but that's ALSO part of the raid. Just because it's not in the chest, doesn't mean it's not part of the raid. So if people go in raids getting elder mauls, ancestral pieces, and other items from the rare drop table on the demi bosses, and still claim to be dry on the raid.. That's not right. 

Prayer pets are probably the most OP part of having pets to raids, and getting a infinite prayer pet cost you around 1.5-2b. So that's something anyone can get. Specially since you can finish the raids in very bad gear. I disagree on a high note that it should NOT be possible to use 3x luck accessory pets for the chest. I got the pet myself, but it's something I don't see fit for the raid chest. The demi bosses, sure, but not the chest. The chest is score based afterall, not something you should be able to use a pet to bypass. For all the demi bosses you can have up to 40% drop rate.
3x Luck accessories 22,5%
Ring of wealth (i) 7,5%
Prime mode 10%
This will ofcourse be lower if you're not prime, but this is just to show that you can get quite high drop rate %, but it has nothing to do with the raid chest and it shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Personally I've only gotten master task bottles and a twisted buckler from the demi bosses, and from the chest I've gotten the molten gloves. I've not raided that actively the past few weeks, but if you saw the first few days of raids, the drops from demi bosses were all over the chat. 2 sets of ancestral and more dropped in the first 2 days. This haven't been changed, only the amount of people not raiding that much anymore. 

14 hours ago, Troll Lmfao said:

I just feel like we should be seeing at a minimum, 1 global drop per day from the chest with how many people are constantly raiding. So far, in approximately 2 weeks of playing, Paladin's Olmlet is literally the only unique I've seen from the chest. I've seen 10+ uniques (not counting Onyx) in this time dropped by demi bosses. Something about this system just doesn't make sense and it needs to be changed in my opinion. Buff chest, remove drops from demi bosses. Problem solved.

So 1 drop a day, let’s say this is in fact codeable (which I really doubt it is) within 3 months 90 new raid items would have been introduced into the eco. Ancestr would be similar to Khaz after another 90 days DIRT cheap, tbows would be more uncommon not to have then to have. 

How many more best in slot tiers do you want? Because at that rate soon everyone will get bored again having the best of the best items and soon cry that they want more PvM content. 

Stop thinking (OMG two weeks and I haven’t got an item worth 10B?! Nerf!!!!) and start actually thinking about how each buff / nerf will effect the longevity of the server.

Did you know that a college did a test where they set up a program to flip a coin and write down the results. After flipping the coin (don’t remember the exact number but it was over 100k times) it landed heads over 1000 times in a row. (But it’s 50/50 right? NERF IT!!) 

No it takes easily over 100k tries to start evening out to the medium of actual % rates. It’s the reason casinos make steady money even only having a slightly over 50% advantage on any game.

RSPS’s are not all made to be easier from runescape. That might have been how they started, I can name over 20 that are in fact more of a grind for best in slot. It’s just a custom version that doesn’t have to follow RuneScape. 

Edited by Rolla

You just need to get it through your head that the end raids chest is just like any other boss. You can and will go dry, you will also go over the drop rate.

You are also forgetting that every raid you complete guarantees you some pretty nice loot which includes cash, rune coins, bags of riches, ultimate prize boxes, skilling supplies etc.

The chest is not effected by any form of luck modification, however, the demi bosses are, which is why you see them dropping so often even with very high drop rates.

Removing demi boss loot and buffing the chest is not the solution. 

However, I do agree with Matt on the fact that some 'raid' items should either be removed or moved to a much more common tier of loot. Things like the dragon harpoon, dragon-hunter crossbow, throwy bois and dragon claws should not be on the same level as ancestral and ancestral should not be on the same level as a twisted bow.

So maybe that is how we keep everyone happy. We can make the 'shit' rewards more common so that you get to see your 1 chest loot per day but getting a bad reward wont demotivate you because you didn't actually hit the good table.

We also need to remember that raids aren't a finished product yet, hopefully there will be additions that allow teams to 'farm' points more efficiently. 

raids = dead content

tbow/kodai = discontinued items

cu