Ralph

Slayer shop additions

Slayer Task Selector

• An unlockable ability from the slayer point shop which allows you to select your next slayer task.
    • Costs slayer points to unlock (1,000-2,500 points) and allows you to pick from the task list of a certain tier of slayer task.
      • For example, select a hard slayer task and it'll bring up a screen which will allow you to select your slayer task (Ankous, Fire giants, Abyssal demons, etc.)

I think this would be a good addition to the slayer point shop because even after getting a fused slayer helm, there is nothing else to use slayer points on other than a second fused for the second runecoin slayer helm. However (and this is a different conversation) the lava slayer helm, in many players opinions, is not worth it over the frozen slayer helm. So at that point there is no reason as to why you should get another fused slayer helm. I know myself as well as other players have an excess of slayer points and need something useful to spend them on.

While this idea might seem a little bit overpowered, nearly all players select their own slayer tasks by skipping with Runex points, which costs little to no Runex points to do so. Also it would make bossing a little bit less tedious since you could just select the boss you wish to kill.

Slayer Task Extender

• An unlockable ability from the slayer point shop which extends your slayer tasks. Available for different levels of tasks in the form of 4 different unlockable abilities.
    • Costs slayer points to unlock (50 for easy tasks, 100 for medium tasks, 500 for hard tasks, 1,000 for boss tasks or something like that) and extends all slayer tasks of the slayer task tier (toggle-able)
      • For example instead of getting 30 Corporeal Beasts to slay you will get 50 Corporeal Beasts to slay.

This would be a good addition to the slayer point shop because it will give another useful upgrade which will be another slayer point sink for the players who have way too many excess slayer points.

This coupled with the slayer task selector can make long grinds for desired items very convenient for ironmen as well as for regular players wishing to grind out boss drops.

Slayer Helm Upgrades

• An upgrade to the Fused/Frost/Lava Slayer helms which allows you to upgrade them with slayer emblems, bonecrusher, holy wrench, charming imp, etc. 
    • Would turn the slayer helm into ____ Slayer helm (u)
      • The upgrades are removable from the slayer helm (in order to be able to upgrade Fused slayer helm to Frost or Lava slayer helms)

This would be a good addition to the slayer point shop because all of these items stack up quickly in the inventory and it really makes bossing with these items a pain.

Edited by Ralph
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My biggest issue would be the boss tasks, unless some type of instances came into the game or multiple separate instance of boss rooms.

But overall enjoy the idea.

• Like 1

I'd really love to see something similar to RS3 or OSRS, such as;

• Buying perks to note metallic dragon bar drops,
  • SUPERIOR SLAYER,
  • Being able to chose which tasks are extended (Costs points for each NPC),
  • Unlocking special slayer tasks such as lava/frost dragons for wilderness slayer or adamant/rune dragons etc,
  • Personal slayer dungeon: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Sunken_Pyramid

2 hours ago, Logical said:

I'd really love to see something similar to RS3 or OSRS, such as;

• Buying perks to note metallic dragon bar drops,
  • SUPERIOR SLAYER,
  • Being able to chose which tasks are extended (Costs points for each NPC),
  • Unlocking special slayer tasks such as lava/frost dragons for wilderness slayer or adamant/rune dragons etc,
  • Personal slayer dungeon: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Sunken_Pyramid

I also agree with this statement. I don’t agree with picking slayer tasks however as I feel that could easily shift the eco (always picking the tasks with drops) / picking boss tasks doesn’t sound good to me either. I do agree we need more in the slayer shop.

On another note I also agree the lava slayer helm isn’t even worth getting for anything more then a “completist” stand point / really trying to MIN  MAX. 

I only have one thing to add, "While on task, any items monsters drop will come in a noted form" This perk costs X amount of slayer points.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Levi said:

unless some type of instances came into the game

pls

Super support this for the slayer helm upgrades, hate taking up so many inventory slots for all the extra items

Stop gravedigging.

If you want to support an old suggestion simple make a new post with the proposed ideas and link to the old post if you wish.

Pls lock this @James

4 minutes ago, Logical said:

Stop gravedigging.

If you want to support an old suggestion simple make a new post with the proposed ideas and link to the old post if you wish.

Pls lock this @James

oof just noticed the original post date

• Haha 1