Iron Logic

Duo Ironman Mode

Duo Ironman Mode!  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play this mode?

• Yes,
    • No,
    • I want to but I have no friend to play it with.
  2. 2. Should the bank be shared?

3. 3. Should the points be shared?

Upon the request of Jiara and Kyle, I will be suggesting Duo Ironman Mode!

• What is Duo Ironman Mode?

Duo ironman mode is a form of ironman in which you select a partner and your accounts will be linked. This would allow you to duo bosses, duo slayer and trade with the other ironman. This allows for some very interesting and competitive game play. 

• What are the restrictions?

Like any other ironman, you will not be able to trade, gamble, stake, pick up other players loot etc. Both players will need to be the same experience and game mode to form a group and you will not be able to do so if either player has gained experience prior to the group formation. In the case of hardcore players, if one member of the duo was to die, then both players would have their hardcore rank removed and they would be down graded to a duo ironman group.

• Why would we want this?

Duo ironman has so many benefits for the community and RuneX as a whole;

1. It is very unique: Being one of the first servers to implement something is an incredible selling point as it shows that a development team is skilled and dedicated enough to create something new and it also shows that the server is popular and stable enough to deserve that kind of development and dedication.
  2. It feeds on OSRS hype: 'Group' ironman has been something heavily requested by the player base and acknowledged by the OSRS team. Releasing Duo ironman or Group ironman before OSRS would be amazing for us as we would feed off that hype. Members of the community would flock to the server to try out the mode and plan their strategies for the OSRS release giving us some amazing traffic. I know it sounds pretty bad, but this update would be amazingly paired with a sponsored Return of Wilderness video as his audience consists of both RSPS and OSRS players alike. 
  3. It brings players together: This update would be amazing for our community as it brings a whole new race/challenge. Teams would race to be the first of their mode to achieve certain things/ranks. It would be just like when ironman/hardcore was released except bigger. The release would pair well with a 'Hall of Fame' for every Duo ironman mode (exp/hardcore) which would only work to increase the competitiveness. 
  4. It breathes live into old content: I say this whenever a new game mode is being suggested but Instead of working your asses off every week creating new content, releasing a new game mode makes every bit of content new and used again.

• Some probable questions:
  1. What about Points? (RuneX, Achieve, Donation etc)

All forms of 'point' would be shared between accounts. All Runex points gained would be added to a shared total, All achievements (Including progressing them) would be shared, Donations would add to a shared total between the accounts.

For balancing issues, we may want to work around with the pricing of items based on points. For instance, Achievement point items could he halved or the amount of points per achievement doubled. Donation ranks could be doubled as well, Requiring $20 for the first rank and so on to account for 2 accounts getting the rank.

1. What about Banks?

This could go either way in my opinion, On one hand, a shared bank would be beneficial but it would take a bit of time to implement. Separate banks would allow Duo members to customise their tabs/loadouts specifically for what they are doing.

1. What if my partner quits?

You need to be careful when selecting a duo partner, as you will be relying on each other. However, there are some circumstances in which your duo partner can be removed from the group and another assigned. Such as;

• Your partner being banned,
  • Your partner being inactive for a long period of time (To be assessed),
  • Your partner agreeing to be removed from the group.

Before your partner is removed, you will need to have a replacement lined up.

1. Can you Duo with yourself?

Sure, but the ::rules will still restrict you from Duoing bosses and being in the wilderness at the same time. 

Personally, I am a big fan of the Duo or group ironman premise. However, I do think there are some updates that should be considered before this one, such as Raids improvements, the skilling update, bossing instances and bank space. 

But let me know what you all think, there is a lot to discuss before something like this can even be considered such as the restrictions etc. 

• Like 2

Well, me and Kyle were discussing about duo ironman and we both knew who to ask, once again you deliver some amazing suggestions on the gamemode.

Thanks alot for taking time to suggest this. 

Obviously im +1 on this.

I think this mode will increase the player base and the community as a whole.

Edited by Jiara

i think it's a nice concept but ultimately a waste of time considering the amount of coding that would be needed to be put into it for only a handful of current players to experiment with.

ironman is meant to be played solo, if you're looking to do things with someone, make new accounts and level together.

it's not going to boost the community by 100 players, it's not even going to boost the pop by 20 players... there are communities with a duo ironman mode and it's done nothing for them.

it's dead content, imo.

54 minutes ago, Lauren said:

i think it's a nice concept but ultimately a waste of time considering the amount of coding that would be needed to be put into it for only a handful of current players to experiment with.

ironman is meant to be played solo, if you're looking to do things with someone, make new accounts and level together.

it's not going to boost the community by 100 players, it's not even going to boost the pop by 20 players... there are communities with a duo ironman mode and it's done nothing for them.

it's dead content, imo.

You'd be surprised, there is plenty of players who join to play hcim and only hcim accounts. 

Duo would be a unique game mode, which you need these days to stay on top and not be the same shit servers as all others.

Anyways, i'd love it. I tried it on a separate server and ALOT of people play it and enjoy it, It gives a whole different gameplay mechanic.

16 minutes ago, Levi said:

You'd be surprised, there is plenty of players who join to play hcim and only hcim accounts. 

Duo would be a unique game mode, which you need these days to stay on top and not be the same shit servers as all others.

Anyways, i'd love it. I tried it on a separate server and ALOT of people play it and enjoy it, It gives a whole different gameplay mechanic.

hcim is a great example, how many people have stuck to it?

if duo was such a demand, servers pulling 300+ with a larger development team would be rolling with it. They're not.

nobody is going to deny that you need content to remain relevant, but limiting that content to specific gamemodes is not the way you do it.

It's not limiting but have you seen kharazi updates bring in new players because it's fun gameplay and group content.

Our server lacks group stuff. We have raids and everyone wanted to quit them cause tbow isn't op enough now in it.

I feel where you're coming from, but people enjoy group activities and not grinding alone. But there is a lot of players who still do hcim, it's just a pain to restart when you die.

3 hours ago, Lauren said:

hcim is a great example, how many people have stuck to it?

Hcims biggest issue for RuneX was the fact that it was released so late after ironman mode. Players who wanted the challenge of hardcore had to settle with regular ironman and by the time hardcore came out those players had already put so much time and money into their ironmen.

When I played other servers I played hardcore mode religiously, I'd not even play a server without hardcore, but by the time we got it I had already put $200 and 40 days so when I started a hardcore (prime) I had no motivation, I was just doing all the stuff I had done on my ironman, just safer :P.

Duo ironman would be a unique experience.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Levi said:

It's not limiting but have you seen kharazi updates bring in new players because it's fun gameplay and group content.

Our server lacks group stuff. We have raids and everyone wanted to quit them cause tbow isn't op enough now in it.

I feel where you're coming from, but people enjoy group activities and not grinding alone. But there is a lot of players who still do hcim, it's just a pain to restart when you die.

kharazi was negative from the get because the difficulty of the jungle demon.

people definitely enjoy group content, nobody is arguing that and we don't have enough of it but the fact of the matter is that duo ironman would require more coding than anything the team has done yet and the likelihood of it sticking or making a significant influence here is extremely small based on it's impact on other communities. Personally, i'd rather that time be used to for other projects that i'm sure is in the works. 

plain and simple, not many people want to play an economy rsps's. If growth is the target, there should be considerations of adding a Spawn-Pk type world to the community that allows players to choose whether they want to play Eco or PK.

5 hours ago, Logical said:

Hcims biggest issue for RuneX was the fact that it was released so late after ironman mode. Players who wanted the challenge of hardcore had to settle with regular ironman and by the time hardcore came out those players had already put so much time and money into their ironmen.

When I played other servers I played hardcore mode religiously, I'd not even play a server without hardcore, but by the time we got it I had already put $200 and 40 days so when I started a hardcore (prime) I had no motivation, I was just doing all the stuff I had done on my ironman, just safer :P.

Duo ironman would be a unique experience.

i completely agree, but now those same people that you're talking about have put so much time and money into their ironmen, why would they want to restart for duo purposes?

where's the motivation to rebuild that very process you're talking about in duo?

duo ironman would be a unique experience, i just don't think the gain from it would be significant for the amount of time it would require to build. 

i've stood in edge for a couple of hours this morning and observed a handful of ironmen and not one hcim (yet). Again, I feel like the amount of time and effort it would take to build such a mode would benefit a dozen (if that) current runex players and that's all. 

i doubt there is such a process, but i'd like to see a number of irons/hcims still active and-or new creations versus the overall pop and new accounts created.

• Like 1

Require more coding than the team has done already?

(And kharazi is easy people are just lazy, example raids tbow getting nerfed "no we dont want to do it anymore")

You'd have to make a couple changes to the current ironman system, which I HIGHLY doubt would be more coding than the current updates we've had in the past.

It'd be a different type of motivation than changing from iron to hcim, only difference is you can't die. big shit. Duo gives you a teammate in aspect to grind and help eachother which would be completely different than just remaking into a hcim from ironman.

Tell me a update right now that'd make a big difference within our community to help besides what has been suggested above or in the past.

(raids was very wanted and has it boosted player count by any means either, no it hasn't)

No one said THIS has to be next priority update and drop everything else. NO, i know a lot of shit on here needs to be polished as is. but it hasn't been polished in over 7 months, so why not suggest new content instead of holding your breathe on shit that isn't happening.

If you added spk aspect into runex, why wouldnt people just play spk to begin. Wouldn't make sense in any terms since  they've already split that community it wouldn't make a difference at this point. 

Nate asked if anyone would like a DMM aspect everyone @ home said no. People on runex have no motivation of pking or any pk updates, That was ruined when making a sister server off spk. Plain and simple right.

@Lauren

• Like 1

Require more coding than the team has done already?

absolutely, it would be the the most demanding project to date. 

You'd have to make a couple changes to the current ironman system, which I HIGHLY doubt would be more coding than the current updates we've had in the past.

not quite. In addition to partner reassignment, they'd have to rework the entire ironman system to accommodate bank splitting, achievements, all point systems. It's not copy/pasting the current ironman mode + duo slayer/raid.

It'd be a different type of motivation than changing from iron to hcim, only difference is you can't die. big shit. Duo gives you a teammate in aspect to grind and help eachother which would be completely different than just remaking into a hcim from ironman.

i've more people lately ask how to de-iron than make new iron accounts to play on different difficulties, the iron population is low and that's just the way it is. Duo would be beneficial to maybe 10 people here.

Tell me a update right now that'd make a big difference within our community to help besides what has been suggested above or in the past.

easy. Slash the eco concept, add a pvp world, give the option to spawn or grind gear, smooth switches out from spawn-pk and watch as all the pkers from osrs and everywhere else come to practice.

No one said THIS has to be next priority update and drop everything else. NO, i know a lot of shit on here needs to be polished as is. but it hasn't been polished in over 7 months, so why not suggest new content instead of holding your breathe on shit that isn't happening.

i'm all for new content, but i'd prefer new content that isn't dead content in a month.

4 hours ago, Levi said:

If you added spk aspect into runex, why wouldnt people just play spk to begin. Wouldn't make sense in any terms since  they've already split that community it wouldn't make a difference at this point. 

spk has too many custom items, it'll always have it's own fan-base. Keep it traditional, a place for osrs pkers to come and practice without wasting supplies like some of the most popular pking servers out rn. Then, you approach singles clans that are active on yt, similar to paying youtubers off and have them come practice on the server - except they cost less.

4 hours ago, Levi said:

Nate asked if anyone would like a DMM aspect everyone @ home said no. People on runex have no motivation of pking or any pk updates, That was ruined when making a sister server off spk. Plain and simple right

people on runex aren't growing the community because they're already here so that doesn't make much sense. You (runex) need to stay relevant if you want to grow and people aren't jumping to play an eco server. Nor are they joining servers for a Duo ironman mode, if they were, the few with said mode would be top 10 but they're not even top 20.

duo is NOT going to grow the server exponentially, not even slightly. It will be used for current runex players, and only a small fraction at that.

if we had an in-game poll system, i'd have you poll it to see for yourself.

As I said, Raids being a well looked for thing in servers, has it made a difference. No.

PVP world would be dead content obviously within a week, If the content isn't broken way of money making it wont stay relevant plain and simple so no point in even bringing up the term.

I'm not sure where you see PK updates would make a difference, we've tried this in the past.

Anyways it's all POV , new game mode would always be available and new people who join would always have a chance to try them from the start.

Good day.