Matt

Raid / disconnect or crash

Due to all the fps issue that have occurred after the raid release, I have crashed 12 times mid raid and been sent home. I know of other people having the same issue.

This has nothing to do with a persons PC or connection in general, it's client sided. 

My suggestion is to teleport that player to the beginning of the raid instead of home if he disconnect or the client crash. Earlier today I did raid with someone and we were on the 2nd phase of olm and he lost connection. Only seconds later I see in help cc that someone comment: "Half the server dced". The person I did duo with did ofcouse not get a reward because he was sent home, and he didn't get a raid count either because of that.

If this is approved, people will probably try to find loop holes and ways to abuse this, but make it simple, if someone log out. It's back to the beginning with 0 points. Just don't send us home.

• Like 2

+1, though I'd like to see some sort of point loss system if you die instead of straight up losing all of them (my internet likes to lag, so dying due to lag is frustrating) make the point loss higher and higher the harder the raid difficulty, maybe make the beginning like 25%, adept 35% or something, cant tell u how many times I've dced or lagged :l 

Edited by MrCypher

Either this needs to be implemented or the raids lag issue needs to be fixed, I know its been reported, would love to see it fixed. :)

This needs to get looked into cos until the crashing issue is solved players are losing on potential loot

I've thought more about this issue, and I've spoken to a few people I've raided with about this, and many if not all of them have noticed the same as me. The first two days of raid release there were no issue with crashing, FPS drops or anything really. The issues started piling up around the same time of the HOT FIX for the Tekton defence and twisted bow nerf. After that HOT FIX, the lagg have occurred and clients started crashing when reaching around 4 FPS. 

Something else I've noticed is that the FPS drop slowly as you are fighting the bosses. At first I had the same FPS throughout the whole raid, and for every raid I did it dropped 2-4 FPS. All I had to do to fix that was relog and my FPS would be back to stable 50, and repeat. Now I can go into the raid with 50 FPS and drop to 30 the first boss fight. The next boss fight it can either stay stable or drop ever 10-20 FPS further down. At the point where I enter a boss room with 15 or less FPS, it's almost guaranteed that I'll end up at around 4-6 FPS when the fight is over. So that's basically a crash, unless the next room is the skilling room, where you can gather more supplied. When I enter that room, the FPS is back to 30-50 and same with Olm, stable and good FPS there.

The past 24 hours I've not been able to make sense of how the FPS pathern is, one room can be 30, another 10 and then 40. This really need a fix and that fast. Personally, I am up in over 20 crashes now I think, which is 20 raids I didn't get to finish and added to my raids completed counter. 

I've tried the Guide Ryan has here on the forum to hopefully fix the client and issues, but they don't seem to work at all for this problem. 

@Ryan @Ramzi