Jinx

Vote for Mute

Vote to Mute  

17 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should the community have the power to vote to mute a trouble maker? (spammer, flamer, Racial Slang users) While No staff member is on or available this would provide a great way for the community to get rid of trouble makers

• Yes
    • No ( comment why )

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/21/18 at 02:45 AM

- How many people is required to vote to get this person muted?       35 people
- How long will this mute last?       until lifted by staff
- What stop players from grouping up in the required number to mute people they dislike?     the odds of it are minimal
- How can you guarantee that only the people worthy of a mute is the ones getting muted?     most of the experience players know when some one is worthy of being muted 
- Is there a rank requirement to be able to vote for a mute? If so, which rank + ?     all ranks are available to vote - the ability to launch the vote should restricted 
- If there is a rank requirement, why not just leave staff to do that as they are at this point?     because they wont be available to stop it if they arent on...

Edited by Jinx

I think this is something only staff should have the power to do. It could and most likely will be abused to a high level if it's put into the server.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think this is something only staff should have the power to do. It could and most likely will be abused to a high level if it's put into the server.

but what happens when they aren't on and we are left defenseless? 

Just now, Jinx said:

You ignore them, take pictures, collect proof of them doing these wrongs, and report it to the first staff member you see and on the forum. 

3 minutes ago, Jinx said:

Thats what the ignore list is for

EDIT: Only works for public, my bad

Edited by bepis

1 minute ago, bepis said:

Thats what the ignore list is for

ignore list only works for friends list 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

You ignore them, take pictures, collect proof of them doing these wrongs, and report it to the first staff member you see and on the forum. 

but thats not going to get anything done when the action needs to be taken here and now...

Just now, Jinx said:

but thats not going to get anything done when the action needs to be taken here and now...

Okay let's make our self a situation where this was in the game and we wanted to mute a guy. 

- How many people is required to vote to get this person muted?
- How long will this mute last?
- What stop players from grouping up in the required number to mute people they dislike?
- How can you guarantee that only the people worthy of a mute is the ones getting muted?
- Is there a rank requirement to be able to vote for a mute? If so, which rank + ?
- If there is a rank requirement, why not just leave staff to do that as they are at this point?

Whereas it would be nice to have a community vote to mute some people and in some cases it would be a good idea, but like stated above it would take away from those that worked to get their position and I could also see something like this causing problems and being abused.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Okay let's make our self a situation where this was in the game and we wanted to mute a guy. 

- How many people is required to vote to get this person muted?
- How long will this mute last?
- What stop players from grouping up in the required number to mute people they dislike?
- How can you guarantee that only the people worthy of a mute is the ones getting muted?
- Is there a rank requirement to be able to vote for a mute? If so, which rank + ?
- If there is a rank requirement, why not just leave staff to do that as they are at this point?

ok ill redefine the question more

in my opinion its stupid what if someone is hated by the whole community u can just team up and vote that he be muted even though he didn't do anything and it completely destroys the need for support staff that can mute ppl

3 minutes ago, enemy said:

in my opinion its stupid what if someone is hated by the whole community u can just team up and vote that he be muted even though he didn't do anything and it completely destroys the need for support staff that can mute ppl

but you have to remember there would be people who would vote no in defense of said person

Just now, Jinx said:

but you have to remember there would be people who would vote no in defense of said person

- How long does the vote go on for before it's settled?
- What is defined as flaming / insulting / racism? This could vary from person to person. 
- How many % of the votes has to vote yes for this person to be muted? 
- Who decide how long the mute will last?
- Is it the person starting the vote that decide how long?

I can all but guarantee you this won't be implemented, good idea or not.

While on the topic - I disagree with this completely. 

This would completely negate the point of having staff members. 

With recent promotions, and upcoming ones, we should rarely have no staff online.

Edit: By the time any polls ended to have someone muted (or reached 35 players, for that matter), a staff member will have been online and punished said person via a report thread. There's almost no situation I can think of where this would not be the case. 

• Like 1

not good to give this power to the plebs, we need more staff from low peak timezone if there is problem of having 0 staff online

Locking this because this is obviously never going to happen.