MrHat

Donation Process

Topic - A change in how donations are processed.

Suggestion - Changing from BMT Micro into a more reliable while still safe system.

Reason - While I assume BMT Micro is being used to protect from charge backs, it's not 100% safe. People can still charge back and all that's going to happen is a mild threat from BMT Micro because it logs your IP and information. Anyone with any knowledge about how charge backs work know that that information isn't really important. What's important is having proof that the purchase was made and went though with the products being delivered.

Now the reasoning for this suggestion, BMT Micro has been causing issues for myself and others regarding donations. It is causing staff the issue of checking in game promotion, countless messages to go back and forth, log checking, and checking for donations. All because BMT is holding funds and denying purchases because a few hundred dollars causes a flood warning. It's extremely painful to deal with for players like myself who have expendable income and would like to not only see the server grow but also get some excess funds in game to play around with.

Plus, BMT Micro will hold funds for days until the process is ultimately denied which leads to another big issue of players not being able to use the funds they wanted to on promotions, which leads to the promotions being all but useless. I myself had my BMT Micro account suspended while trying to get a few promotions and there are others having the same issue.

Overall I think that keeping with BMT Micro is going to cause more issues for staff to deal with, and less people wanting to donate towards the server if they have to fight with a 3rd party every time they try to donate.

Just a few of the examples of people having issues, including my own here. These are just within the past month alone.

Example 1 Example 2 Example 3 Example 4 Example 5 Example 6 Example 7

+1 from me. 

I haven't personally donated but once or twice, however I agree we need a new - more reliable - method.

From what i see, the current donation system is flawed af, worth to invest some time in a new one, given how much time is wasted on having to cater for all the donation problems in the current system

Never had an issue myself but I have seen a lot of people struggling, so +1 from me.

Not sure why we haven't done this already. I'm sure there are some reasoning behind it.

We will push this through to Ryan to see his views on it,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Also as a bump and quick update on this type of issue,

I am now at the point that my donations are being declined, which makes it all but impossible for me to do anything when it comes to BMT Micro or just donating to the server as a whole.

Bumping this again so it will keep being looked at as this issue is going to cause the server to lose money if people don't have faith that the donation system will even work.

Update: I contacted BMT Micro's customer support via email asking if there was anything that could be done about the flood protection blocking peoples orders including my own along with a short description of what is in this post here. I included the fact that I have called and emailed as well, this is the response that I received. This reply is a prime example of why we need to remove BMT Micro from the RuneX donation feature.

"Hello.  As noted on the shopping cart, we reserve the right to limit quantities and/or deny purchases at our discretion.  
Please note that there is a review process and we get to each order as soon as possible.  Emailing or telephoning to 
request order processing will not make the processing occur any faster.
  We apologize for the delay, but due to the 
elevated fraud risk associated with this type of product, unfortunately this is the way it has to be.

Again, should you want your purchases to go through without review, PaySafe Card offers that option.
PaySafe Card orders are not queued for manual review.

Thank you
Barb
BMT
"