stickeyd

Changes to gambling

Just throwing some suggestions out there to the current gambling situation. I spend a lot of time at gamble (more than I should) and I noticed that there are far too many people losing small banks of 100m or less.  This is a horrible thing because those players are more likely to quit.  Yes, I get it, its gambling and they knew what they were signing up for.  But we can still prevent newer players from quitting because of gambling.

Below are a few ideas to change gambling.

• Up the gambler pass to 500m-1b
    1. Make people actually grind the game before jumping straight in after dailies
  •  Make it to where you cant gamble more than 60% of your bank
    1. This would stop players from losing one bet, getting mad, then chucking it all in so they can quit.
  •  Have to donate $20 or more to buy a gambler pass from the actual online store (not donator store ingame)
    1. This would get more donations rolling in and also be a big benefit to the community
Edited by stickeyd

You Stole my post :') Great minds think alike.

There is absolutely a problem with gambling, I've had new players ask me to give them 25m just so they can gamble 3m cash. 

Some or all of these changes need to be implemented. 

Here is the content of my post for added suggestions,

• Changing the price of the gambler pass to something that would take much longer to obtain, such as 1B. 
    • This would prevent new players from gambling and it would also leave players a huge chunk of change for rebuilding gear/supplies when they get cleaned.
  • Requiring a certain amount of in-game time to buy a gambler pass (or just gamble, but a check when buying the pass would be better).
    • This again stops new players from gambling and requires players to put time and effort into their accounts before they can gamble so they are less likely to quit when they get cleaned.
  • Requiring a certain level of donor to be able to gamble.
    • This would Require players to put a lot of money into their accounts just to gamble.
  • Requiring players to purchase a 'Gambler Rank'.
    • Again, This requires players to put money into their account just to gamble. This would be even better if it had to be purchased by the player, rather than being bought with donor tickets. 

I agree that way too many poor fags are gambling away their small banks and this is not healthy for the server, but your solution is a bit ridiculous. You can't gamble 60% of your bank? Fk that lol - almost impossible to code properly and chucking bank is part of the core in gambling. And 500m-1b is way too much, up it to like 100m but make it that you need to be $10 donor at least.

-1, you gotta look at both ends of the spectrum. Some new people make bank off of something as small as 25m and I don’t think making donation and having a pretty absurd amount of money two MUSTS to gamble I just think there’s not much incentive for newer players to get to that point

You guys are missing the point. Those were suggestions. Not all at once. And I just threw numbers out there. 

+1 to this! $10 rank as well as a full 24 hours of game time being required to gamble, 1000 donator tickets for a gamblers pass, and I know this goes against the first two and is a longshot but temporary bans for donating and then gambling what you just donated. I just honestly feel like the gambling community has reached that point where it's become so diluted with toxicity and ignorance and is affecting the economy in a negative way.