Cee Cout

Can't open client

Can anybody explain to me how you open the client on windows 10? I can't use java to open the game, I tried to manually change the .jar settings so it would use an offline version of java to do it, but it still didn't work. I've tried using internet explorer to open it as well since ie runs java still, but that also failed. Please help -_-

For any client issues, you should first try the official client fixer here: https://runex.io/assets/Repair Tool.jar

If this did not solve your problem, there are a few different things you can do.

Option 1

Check to make sure your L57DRycsSd2jION7-rWJqg.png Java is updated by clicking here.

Once you've updated Java, restart your client and try to login.

Option 2

Delete your cache and re-install the client by clicking here.

You can find the cache for Runex by navigating to C:\Users\YourCompName.

ID95q5bQR7qd_0EfOT_7Hg.png

Option 3

For this option, you do not have to uninstall anything.

First, you want to click here to download the cache directly.

Now, extract these files (using WinRAR, PeaZip, etc.) to your desktop.

You want to place these files under C:\Users\YourCompName with all other caches.

ID95q5bQR7qd_0EfOT_7Hg.png  - - - - >  QG9f3sA9SEe21YR5Pj-aZw.png

Once you've done this, try logging in to Runex.

If you can only left click on your client and your right click is not working, try these steps:

1.) Uninstall all forms of Java, JRE, JDK 9, etc. from your computer

2.) Uninstall Runex and all files associated with it (including the cache)

3.) Re-download Java, JRE, JDK from Java's website (avoid JDK 9, use 8)

4.) Re-download the Runex.jar using the link in the navigation bar above this topic.

No like, I can't use java as an app to open anything. No matter what version I download of it. So extracting it through win.rar doesnt let me open the client at all. Even with winrar, you still need something to open the client interface.

If i click on the client either in win.rar or from the desktop/a file, it asks me how I'd like to open the client file, with ie, avast, java se binary, javaexe, wmp, notepad, etc... and I can't use java to open it because windows 10 is stupid and doesn't give you a functioning app/shortcut for java, it lets me find a custom file, and I can click on java, but it opens it as a file, not an application. Even when you find the java program file inside the main folder, and click it and try to open it, it either says

"unable to install java
there are errors in the following switches

C:\Users\*****\downloads\client.jar";-

Check that the commands are valid and try again

or

Cannot find main class "java"

I've downloaded and uninstalled and reinstalled 10+ versions of java, and nothing works. I know there is a way to do this, I've got multiple accounts... but legit i had to call tech support to figure it out before >.<

Edited by Cee Cout

6 hours ago, Cee Cout said:

If i click on the client either in win.rar or from the desktop/a file, it asks me how I'd like to open the client file, with ie, avast, java se binary, javaexe, wmp, notepad, etc..

Java SE binary is exactly what you want it to be opened in. 

H8nfVJiBQQeFvf6I5A4ZRA.png

If you don't have this as an option, or whatever the case may be, try this:

https://jarfix.en.softonic.com/?ex=DSK-347.0

But that doesn't work, I've tried it with that app from the online and offline 64 bit, SE, JRE, all the different versions, idr em all off the top of my head. It's the same problem with all of them, they get saved as an entire file, like, all the different system files that make up java get saved into a folder, or into my computers program files as a folder, and if I navigate to that file and try to use it to open the client, it asks me which singular file inside that folder i want to use, so i tried it with the java.exe (which should be the right file), jabswitch.exe, java-rmi.exe, javaw.exe, javaws.exe, jplauncher2.exe, none of them work. it gives me varying error messages for most of them, but doesnt give a reason why its not working.

41 minutes ago, Cee Cout said:

But that doesn't work, I've tried it with that app from the online and offline 64 bit, SE, JRE, all the different versions, idr em all off the top of my head. It's the same problem with all of them, they get saved as an entire file, like, all the different system files that make up java get saved into a folder, or into my computers program files as a folder, and if I navigate to that file and try to use it to open the client, it asks me which singular file inside that folder i want to use, so i tried it with the java.exe (which should be the right file), jabswitch.exe, java-rmi.exe, javaw.exe, javaws.exe, jplauncher2.exe, none of them work. it gives me varying error messages for most of them, but doesnt give a reason why its not working.

If all of the files (of the client) are downloading in that way, it means they're not compressed upon downloading.

This is assuming I'm understanding you properly.. It sounds like WinRAR isn't working or something.

The only download you should receive is a .JAR client named Runex, that's it.

yeah, no it downloads the entire contents of the system files, java downloads that way as well, and i dont use winrar to compress that even, my computer just downloads stuff like that for some reason

I feel like if i could figure out the java part of it, that it would start using the runex file as a shortcut, but my computer wont download java in a way that lets me use it to open anything, so its trying to use other programs. When I got it to work last time, I had to open the runex client with some anti virus program, then use the anti viruss' browser to view the downloads, then it worked, it let me use java after that, but i had to restore my computer to a previous point and lost a bunch of app, the anti virus program and java amongst them. I dont even remember what anti virus it was i had like 6 >.<

Delete everything including all runex files and all forms of java. Reinstall java from their website. Then redownload runex. If it’s still a zip file DONT EXTRACT IT. Follow the guide on the forums for reassigning zips to .jar files