R

Changing XP Rate ingame

Changing XP rate ingame  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think, we should have the facility to change our xp rate ingame?

• Yes
    • No

I have played a server in the past, which had all sorts of XP rates like this one. Now if you weren't happy with your XP rate you could speak to an NPC and change it. Say you were X20 and you changed to a X100 XP rate, the NPC would give you the relevant xp that you would have, should you of been on x100 since you started.

I think this would be a good feature as I've heard a few people saying they wish to change game mode but don't want to lose the effort they have put in.

Also, incase anyone was wondering, you will not have the facility to change from a Normal to a Prime, only changing XP rate up, so any possible highscores will not be affected.

Edited by R
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, R said:

I have played a server in the past, which had all sorts of XP rates like this one. Now if you weren't happy with your XP rate you could speak to an NPC and change it. Say you were X20 and you changed to a X100 XP rate, the NPC would give you the relevant xp that you would have, should you of been on x100 since you started.

I think this would be a good feature as I've heard a few people saying they wish to change game mode but don't want to lose the effort they have put in.

Also, incase anyone was wondering, you will not have the facility to change from a Normal to a Prime, only changing XP rate up, so any possible highscores will not be affected.

The only issue I see with this is that the XP rates are what makes the gamemodes different.
I'm having a hard time verbalizing what I mean, but I'll try anyway (these numbers are all examples, I'm not familiar with the actual numbers off the top of my head).

Let's say you chose the Prime gamemode when you started out. This gives you a x2 drop rate, but a x3 XP rate.
You now want to change your XP rate to a faster XP rating, so you switch to x100 xp. But you still have the x2 drop rate, instead of the x0 drop rate Normal players get

And if you allow them to change their entire gamemode the problem now consists of a Normal player maxing out his account, and then switching to Prime to get a higher drop rate. The entire purpose of gamemodes is a system of checks and balances. Sure, you get faster XP as a Normal player, but you're (supposed) to have a lower drop rate percentage. 

Edited by nghtmare

3 hours ago, nghtmare said:

The only issue I see with this is that the XP rates are what makes the gamemodes different.
I'm having a hard time verbalizing what I mean, but I'll try anyway (these numbers are all examples, I'm not familiar with the actual numbers off the top of my head).

Let's say you chose the Prime gamemode when you started out. This gives you a x2 drop rate, but a x3 XP rate.
You now want to change your XP rate to a faster XP rating, so you switch to x100 xp. But you still have the x2 drop rate, instead of the x0 drop rate Normal players get

And if you allow them to change their entire gamemode the problem now consists of a Normal player maxing out his account, and then switching to Prime to get a higher drop rate. The entire purpose of gamemodes is a system of checks and balances. Sure, you get faster XP as a Normal player, but you're (supposed) to have a lower drop rate percentage. 

Obviously this issue would be rectified, you would receive the perks that correspond with the gamemode you are switching to.

I support this suggestion @OP

• Like 1

Pretty simple process to make people able to switch between game modes. Just have like a 50m fee to switch. The switch automatically manipulates exp rates so a normal can't max and then be a maxed prime.

+1

• Like 1

On 2/6/2017 at 10:32 AM, forrest said:

Pretty simple process to make people able to switch between game modes. Just have like a 50m fee to switch. The switch automatically manipulates exp rates so a normal can't max and then be a maxed prime.

+1

I think a fee would be effective if you decide to switch more than once.

There'd be a cooldown of at least 24hours after switches before you can switch again. 

I would be rather upset if you could switch from normal to supreme or prime tbh. I strongly support the addition if you can not change up in game modes, but instead only change to an easier game mode. However, if this was possible, you should have to keep your current exp in ALL skills.

To me if you can not handle a harder game mode that you mistakenly chose then you should be able to change to an easier one, but you should not be rewarded experience for switching to an easier mode.

2 hours ago, Rex said:

I would be rather upset if you could switch from normal to supreme or prime tbh. I strongly support the addition if you can not change up in game modes, but instead only change to an easier game mode. However, if this was possible, you should have to keep your current exp in ALL skills.

To me if you can not handle a harder game mode that you mistakenly chose then you should be able to change to an easier one, but you should not be rewarded experience for switching to an easier mode.

Expierence is calculated differently for each mode. You'd get the exp you grinded  on prime and it's convert to 200x  exp.

If you can downgrade game-modes then i'll support that, Say  you choose prime and thats too much of a grind for you; Should be able to switch to something lower. But moving up in rank, I feel as that shouldn't be allowed since that would boost the ranks in the stats for supreme/prime.