Ryan

[January 14th, 2018] Grand ring, modifiable f-keys, and much more!

Next update ETA:
January 19th, 2018

Content updates:

• Grand crests
    • Removed lavafire shields from the grand chest rare table
    • Grand ring
      • New rare item obtained from the grand crest
      • Acts as both a ring of wealth (i), and a ring of vigour
        • Provides +7 in all stats
  • F-Key binding
    • You can now customize and assign F-Keys to your game tabs
    • Select the "F-Key" button on your settings tab in order to access this menu
    • Your changes will be saved upon changes, and will load on each client start up
      • You also have an option to select the "restore default" option to re-assign the default F-Key setup
  • New task scrolls items
    • Rainbow afro
      • Available from hard and elite tasks
    • Top hat
      • Available from easy tasks
    • Ale of the gods
      • Available from elite tasks
  • New vote rewards
    • Added the following cosmetic items to the ticket exchange:
      • Pimp hat
      • Mac daddy hat
  • Special attack orb
    • You will now be able to see your special attack amount from this new orb
    • Located on the game frame minimap with a dark green fill and a cross swords icon
  • Combat
    • Item switching improvements
      • Optimized equipment management, leading to less "delays" when switching items
    • Protect from magic now gives the proper amount of magic resistance
  • Promotional events
    • New daily donator promotion:
      • 3x grand crest pieces
  • Iron man mode
    • Fixed issue with picking up loots stacked on top of other player's loots
  • Viper helmet
    • Increased death protection value
  • Banking
    • Fixed issues with loadout system
  • Other QoLs (Quality of Life)
    • Added kalphite queen to ::kills
    • Added a enter "last visited" option to PoH portals
  • Christmas event
    • Event has been disabled, default snow terrain has been toggled off
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Special attack orb

• You will now be able to see your special attack amount from this new orb
  • Located on the game frame minimap with a dark green fill and a cross swords icon

yess

honestly nothing we needed.... where is the combat mechanism fixes? or shit that you guys actually need? this is why even your own staff members play another rsps. no hate just truth

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What the fuck is this????!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!??!?!?!?!?!? None of this benefits improving the player count. Do you want server growth or is 100 and decline all you need?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Life Savings said:

What the fuck is this????!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!??!?!?!?!?!? None of this benefits improving the player count. Do you want server growth or is 100 and decline all you need?

4 minutes ago, Murdaaa said:

honestly nothing we needed.... where is the combat mechanism fixes? or shit that you guys actually need? this is why even your own staff members play another rsps. no hate just truth

Do you guys expect a new cursed caverns or Kharazi update every time?

Ryan said it himself, in the summer months, there is a big push for new and exciting content. In the winter, updates will slow down and focus less on new content.

These are some nice updates that have been requested for a long time.

If you have any better suggestions, there is a section of the forums for that.

Are you guys expecting huge new area/minigame gamechanging updates all the time? Why you hating on some small QoL updates?

Grand crests

• Removed lavafire shields from the grand chest rare table
  • Grand ring
    • New rare item obtained from the grand crest
    • Acts as both a ring of wealth (i), and a ring of vigour
      • Provides +7 in all stats

Pointless and discourages people from donating for your new "promotion" since the ring is fairly bad.

• F-Key binding
    • You can now customize and assign F-Keys to your game tabs
    • Select the "F-Key" button on your settings tab in order to access this menu
    • Your changes will be saved upon changes, and will load on each client start up
      • You also have an option to select the "restore default" option to re-assign the default F-Key setup

That's cool for the 4 pkers on the server.

• New task scrolls items
    • Rainbow afro
      • Available from hard and elite tasks
    • Top hat
      • Available from easy tasks
    • Ale of the gods
      • Available from elite tasks
  • New vote rewards
    • Added the following cosmetic items to the ticket exchange:
      • Pimp hat
      • Mac daddy hat

Cosmetics are cool because I like cosmetics.

Overall, I am disappointed with how long this update took to come out and how much of it is 95% useless for the overwhelming majority of the players on this server.

Why make an update that benefits 5% of the players, discourages the 5% of players that buy bonds from the people who donate to your server to sell bonds to obtain in-game wealth and keep donating for more in-game wealth, and effects the other 90% of players very little, if at all?

I didn't expect a huge update with new armors and minigames but I expected something at least useful.

Edited by Breh
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Breh said:

Overall, I am disappointed with how long this update took to come out and how much of it is 95% useless for the overwhelming majority of the players on this server.

Why make an update that benefits 5% of the players, discourages the 5% of players that buy bonds from the people who donate to your server to sell bonds to obtain in-game wealth and keep donating for more in-game wealth, and effects the other 90% of players very little, if at all?

I didn't expect a huge update with new armors and minigames but I expected something at least useful.

Thank you for your feedback!

We're receptive toward any content/features/fixes you (or any others) would like to see added. I don't see any recent topics submitted by you in the suggestions section, why not post them there? I'll give it a look, and the community can also view it and provide their input.

Stay tuned for the next update.

Thanks,
Ryan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Thank you for your feedback!

We're receptive toward any content/features/fixes you (or any others) would like to see added. I don't see any recent topics submitted by you in the suggestions section, why not post them there? I'll give it a look, and the community can also view it and provide their input.

Stay tuned for the next update.

Thanks,
Ryan

I appreciate that you listened to a few of my previous suggestions but I could care less about the next update on the 19th *cough* of Feb *cough* unless it adds the Lavafire Shield back to the Grand Crests possible loot table.

There was absolutely no reason to remove it. I could understand if it was insanely common, but its not. Logical's biggest complaint was that you can essentially donate for Grand Crest pieces, making them too common. Instead of removing the Lavafire Shield from the Grand Crest, why not just remove Crest pieces from Donor boxes/chests? It would make less Crest pieces enter the game, in-turn, less Grand Crests would be opened, giving people fewer chances at receiving the shield through that method but still making it possible.

27 minutes ago, Breh said:

I appreciate that you listened to a few of my previous suggestions but I could care less about the next update on the 19th *cough* of Feb *cough* unless it adds the Lavafire Shield back to the Grand Crests possible loot table.

There was absolutely no reason to remove it. I could understand if it was insanely common, but its not. Logical's biggest complaint was that you can essentially donate for Grand Crest pieces, making them too common. Instead of removing the Lavafire Shield from the Grand Crest, why not just remove Crest pieces from Donor boxes/chests? It would make less Crest pieces enter the game, in-turn, less Grand Crests would be opened, giving people fewer chances at receiving the shield through that method but still making it possible.

My stance would still be the same if grand crest were removed from the donor boxes. 

The LFS was designed to be one of the rarest items in the game, even when I petitioned to make KLD scrolls more common to ease the grind, I don't think they were (However some other things were changed such as less junk on KLD drop table).

Any new method for obtaining this shield is something I will always be against, Even if it was 1 in 1 million. 

The shield was replaced by a very useful Ring, even a little OP. This ring is only obtainable through the Grand Crests. Why not be happy with that?

5 minutes ago, Logical said:

My stance would still be the same if grand crest were removed from the donor boxes. 

The LFS was designed to be one of the rarest items in the game, even when I petitioned to make KLD scrolls more common to ease the grind, I don't think they were (However some other things were changed such as less junk on KLD drop table).

Any new method for obtaining this shield is something I will always be against, Even if it was 1 in 1 million. 

The shield was replaced by a very useful Ring, even a little OP. This ring is only obtainable through the Grand Crests. Why not be happy with that?

The Twisted Bow is also one of the rarest items in the game, should it be removed from donor boxes as well as sacred tokens? That way people have to grind for those too. Or is that different because they're already in the game and you're the only one willing to kill 30,000 lava dragons to get the shield?

Decent update, some nice much needed QoLs. Do not understand the Crest change especially since the poll on its suggestion showed the community to be very divided on it.

1 minute ago, Breh said:

The Twisted Bow is also one of the rarest items in the game, should it be removed from donor boxes as well as sacred tokens? That way people have to grind for those too. Or is that different because they're already in the game and you're the only one willing to kill 30,000 lava dragons to get the shield?

I'm not sure why you are so against this, I get that you are rich and have been buying crests to get this shield. The shield was replaced by a more exclusive and quite frankly better item, you seem salty just because of the shield. 

I am not the only person who tries to grind for this shield, there were a bunch of people at lava dragons yesterday and Wayne had almost as many KLD kills as me.

You have brought nothing to this discussion as to why the shield should be added back to grand crests, please counter the following arguments.

1. The lavafire shield was designed to be extremely rare, adding it to the crest put that in danger. It is actually fairly common as displayed by Sohans video where the second most common item out of his crests were Lavafire shields. 
  2. Killing King lava dragon is an extremely long grind and usually not very worth it as you can sink hours at lava dragons with 0-1 scroll. The bosses only saving grace is that it drops the Lavafire shield. Having the shield remain in the crest would ultimately lead to extreme lack of motivation to kill KLD and thus it becomes dead content. (This is what was happening before the shield was removed).
  3. The Crest already holds unique items such as the 3 boots (Best in slot I might add) and now the Grand Ring. Why is the Lavafire shield the linch pin of the Grand Crest in your mind? Removing the shield and replacing it with the Grand ring only moves to improve the price of the crest and revitalise the KLD. 
  4. The majority of players who saw and responded to my post were in favour of the LFS being removed, even Ryan agreed (As long as the LFS be replaced by something just as rare)

Great update Ryan, glad to see at least consistency in updates on this server. Not once have I been let down to see nothing being worked on. 

P.S Don't let the negativity on some of these comments get to you (I'm sure you already know this). Some of these players need to not take for granted the fact that we do indeed have a dedicated coder who does and WILL continue to listen to it's community and suggestions. I personally know I can appreciate a server that at least gets some kind of attention to it even if it's not entirely what individual players want. 

Keep up the good work Ryan, by far this has been one of the best RSPS' I've ever encountered in terms of updates and quality of content.

Edited by fat panda

Very nice update, much needed stuff. Cant wait for the next update.  It is very nice to have a coder that listen to peoples suggestions and actually reads the posts on forums to improve a server. 

Edited by twitch

@ryan you forgot to mention that when enchanting an item now it takes you back to the spellbook tab automatically