Iron Logic

Important

Hey guys, just making a post to try and help to explain a few things about punishing players.

• Report Players.
    • Reporting players is vitally important for many reasons.
      1. There is not much staff can do just from your word that someone has broken the rules.
      2. Staff are not always able to everyone breaking rules even if they are online, they could be distracted.
  • Providing proper evidence.
    • I'm sure it is no surprise, but staff need evidence to punish someone.
      • Screenshots or videos of the offending player(s) are the best form of evidence.
      • 'Look at the logs' is not valid evidence. Unless the issue is serious, it is often not worth wasting Ryan or Ramzi's time going through the logs to find the required evidence, it can also take days before either of them are even online to do this for us.
      • Please do not intentionally leave out information from your evidence, having a big blog covering up a bunch of text isn't a good sign for you and can often lead to the evidence being dismissed or the player submitting the evidence being looked in to.
  • Use the forums.
    • The forums plays a vital role when it comes to reporting players.
      • It allows more players to submit evidence.
      • The accused can see the reports and supply their own counter evidence and defend themselves.
      • It provides a reports for Ryan and Ramzi to review if a punished players appeals.
      • Please do not:
        • Try to report someone on the discord,
        • Try to report someone to a staff member in-game (Unless the event is still occurring)
          • DO NOT PM RYAN. RAMZI OR NATE, Trust me, nothing will happen.
        • Please don't report someone unless you have evidence. 
      • Always report Via the forums 'Report a player' section unless it is a sensitive issue or you are afraid of being harassed for reporting someone, if that is the case, PM one or multiple Server supports or moderators about the issue.
  • Dealing with Flame.
    • Flame and pk banter are quite common on RuneX, especially over ::yell or in the help clan chat. While small pk banter is allowed by our rules, things can quickly devolve into general flaming, harassment or spam. 
    • So here is how you can avoid being punished while you enjoy some pk banter.
      • Keep it clean, No low blows. Things such as Real life threats, wishing upon or referring someone as cancer, Jabs at family members (real or not) will not be tolerated. I could fill this entire forum post with things that are not tolerated, just use your head and think it through before you hit enter.
      • Screen shot or record the banter if it begins to escalate. If you can prove that the other player(s) were the aggressors you may be spared if punishments are due.
      • Listen to the staff members. If a staff member tells you to stop or take it to PMs, do it.
      • Take it to PMs
  • You can't possibly punish me for 1 simple screenshot.  
    • I used to be the big 'we need complete context before a punishment can be given' guy, but that has changed lately. While I still agree that there are a lot of situations where the entire context is useful, but it is not always required.
    • Sure, to punish all players evenly, we will need to see evidence from all sides, but that burdon is not on the staff, it is up to the players involved to provide evidence they have collected.
    • Let's look at an example:
      • Roger is reported by Kliksa for harassment. (No correlation with @Roger and @Kliksa)
        • Kliksa has supplied a screenshot of Roger saying "Your mother is a whore who can suck my big black dick, get cancer kid".
        • Roger attempts to defend himself by saying that only one screenshot was provided, it only shows a small part of the flame between us.
      • This defence doesn't work anymore, because regardless of what Kliksa had said to Roger before Rogers comment, it is extremely unlikely that it would justify Rogers comment. 
      • Roger has broken the rules regardless of the conversation and will be punished accordingly.
      • Kliksa if unlikely to be punished due to Roger providing no proof other than his word that Kliksa had said things just as bad. 
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Glad this his been summed up, last couple of days all I’ve seen on the forums and in game is arguments, flaming, reports and people being petty. Everyone just needs to cheer the fuck up we’re a community why can’t we all just get along haha :) guess that’s easier said than done though! Good thread Logical bet this took some time to put together.

• Thanks 1

Using tinypic or imgur is the best way to report someone.

Simply press print screen on your keyboard, paste it to a paint document, save it, then upload it to either imgur or tinypic and once it's uploaded use the URL that is labeled "forums".

It's very quick, only takes about 5 minutes at most. I think people just find it annoying to have to use the forums to report someone, which is why they revert to trying to pm the staff members, which can work in some instances.

However, when staff aren't on, using the format provided on the "report a player" section on the forums is the best route to use. 

I think you refreshing the topic on how/why to report a player is critical. 

Thank you.

As a lot of people were saying, this should be noticed more. I do agree, can this topic number be a reoccurring announcement in game like a loopable message? Or even have a little icon in game or command to pull it up to read.

This would probably good as well to have posted in the report section stocked at the top so it is present as well. 

Good work man! Thanks for posting this.