Lumbridge

Client issue fixer!

241sb41.jpg

This thread is here in hopes that it can help players with any common issues that may occur while trying to play Runex.

My client has a white/black screen!

This is typically caused by an error with the cache and can be solved by reinstalling your cache folder. (see below)

My client stops loading at any%

This is caused by a corrupt cache/model and can be easily fixed by reinstalling your cache folder. (see below)

How to locate/reinstall/delet the cache:

1. Navigate to C:/Users/YOURUSER/. (Alternatively, you can try pressing the Windows key and "R", then in the "run" box type %userprofile%)
2. Search for a folder titled "runex" and delete it.
3. Re-open your client and allow it to redownload the server files/cache

My client won't open:

First of all we'll have to find out why your client won't open

1. If the error in command prompt read "Java is not recognized as in internal or external command", this is because you do not have Java installed. You will need to download the latest version of Java.
2. If you get an error stating that there was an unzipping error, you may need to install the cache manually:
Search your computer for a folder titled "runex" and delete it.

My client says "Error connecting to the server":

First of all, check that the server is online by asking in the shoutbox.

There are a few reasons why you cannot connect to the server:

1. You are using a restricted computer/network such as in a school which will not allow outbound connections that it doesn't recognise.
2. You are not connected to the internet.
3. Check that your antivirus is not blocking the application from connecting to the internet. You can temporarily disable this in the settings or add the client as an exception to run.
4. Like the above, but that your firewall is not allowing the application to connect. You can disable it temporarily or add the client as an exception.

I hope this helped!

Edited by Lumbridge
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Lumbridge said:

true but it will help players?

I agree it is helpful; you should make some edits to it, so it's not completely like theirs. Just looks bad on us for copying a guide from another rsps

19 minutes ago, Clair said:

I agree it is helpful; you should make some edits to it, so it's not completely like theirs. Just looks bad on us for copying a guide from another rsps

editted this looks better? and maybe remove the link from the other rsps

Edited by Lumbridge

3 minutes ago, Lumbridge said:

editted this looks better? and maybe remove the link from the other rsps

Yeah you should edit your quote of my original comment as well. 

Cheers

1 hour ago, jmonk1337 said:

i double click on the client and did everything here, it still wont open, could anybody help me out?

do you have the newest java?

Hey guys, this is very helpful even if its ripped. I suggest it be stickied, so all can see it.

DIllan

5 hours ago, Dillan said:

Hey guys, this is very helpful even if its ripped. I suggest it be stickied, so all can see it.

DIllan

thats not upto me but i think it must be pinned either :)

On January 26, 2017 at 4:19 PM, jmonk1337 said:

i double click on the client and did everything here, it still wont open, could anybody help me out?

Hey jmonk1337 ,

delete everything about runex and redownload it and , " open with -> java "

everything loads up for me, but when i try to type my username and password, it freezes, is there a way to turn off all the movement on the client when logging in? i think that might be my problem

2 hours ago, TinkMF said:

everything loads up for me, but when i try to type my username and password, it freezes, is there a way to turn off all the movement on the client when logging in? i think that might be my problem

What I meant was every time the client loads up to the login, it stop responding, because there is a lot going on. I can play old school just fine. And every other server hasn't had any problems. Is there anyway I can get sent a client without all that, I can give my skype if so 

what about if you've cleared your cache, restarted your computer several times and all you get is an 'out of date' message and a grey screen when you try to download the client?

On March 8, 2017 at 1:10 AM, TinkMF said:

What I meant was every time the client loads up to the login, it stop responding, because there is a lot going on. I can play old school just fine. And every other server hasn't had any problems. Is there anyway I can get sent a client without all that, I can give my skype if so 

Delete " runex data " and " runex " and delete all your clients , and re-download it .

On March 30, 2017 at 0:20 AM, Exar kun said:

where would i find 'runex data' and 'runex'?

Go to your C Drive > User > youruser
Delete .runex and .runex data

• Like 1

On March 31, 2017 at 1:18 AM, jadzz said:

Go to your C Drive > User > youruser
Delete .runex and .runex data

18 hours ago, Kennstro said:

client does nothing past "downloading Misc. Assets 100%" 

And delete all runex clients .

i cant launch the game at all , there is no runex client for me what am i supposed to do i downloaded the thing that u have to download from the site

and then what do i do ?

3 hours ago, Barrote said:

i cant launch the game at all , there is no runex client for me what am i supposed to do i downloaded the thing that u have to download from the site

and then what do i do ?

what operating system?

do you have java installed and updated? 

Windows 8.1 java installed and updated i play official runescape on my pc so i suppose its updated

but there is no launcher ..

my runex wont open? i have the lastest java and runex installed but when i click it nothing happens? nex to runex and has a freind helping me but hes never had this problem either so were both stuck on what to do? please help