Igot950k

Reworking of some rules

I am not one to complain about rules as they are set out to mediate the server, but while taking a look at the new set of rules there are a few that I don't understand/do not agree with. This is just my opinion and this post is just to see what others think about on this topic and have the server come to terms with some of the rules so its fair for all. 

Risk Fighting rules:

There are some parts of this that I don't think are reasonable in any sense. When it comes to going to the wilderness its a fair game to kill all players regardless on what they are doing. "Pjing a risk fight", if a player is in the wilderness there shouldn't be any immunity from other players, make a 10 second delay after a kill if you want a rule but having it being an offence is stupid. Don't go wildy if you don't want the chance of dying after a fight, go to the duel arena and fight so there isn't another person waiting to kill you after. I agree with the "Standing under a risk fight" and "Disobeying agreed rules" because that can give someone the upper hand in the fight. 

In summary I think that if your in the wildy anything goes because if you are super sensitive about dying after a fight then maybe don't pk or go duel arena. 

Staff Disrespect:

This rules is one I have never had trouble with as I respect the staff 90% of the time. With that being said though I think that there needs to be a line with what's okay and what's unacceptable. I hear stories and see people getting mad about some little thing and staff seem to instantly go and punish said player (I haven't had experience with this but giving a general suggestion). There should be a line where the staff tolerates things and where people need to be muted. I think that if you cant take some flaming and some insults then you shouldn't be staff because not everyone is going to like you and you have to have some tolerance for sour people. Then again if there is a person who just keep going then a mute is fine.

These are all my opinions and some may/may not agree and that's total fine. Also English was not my strong suit so there is probably many grammatical errors.

Thanks, Igot950k

The whole staff disrespect thing, Most of our staff is very lenient about various things, personally I've seen @One and @Logical give countless warnings to people who deserve bans, I've seen one get cursed out, called a bad staff member and should lose staff rank and still not mute the dude, only gave him a strong warning and he went completely quite. Look at it this way, would you be rude and disrespectful to your boss? Server supports/mods are here to enforce on Ryan's Behalf, Just because they "seem" too strict to you doesn't mean they are, They are just doing there job and doing what they're meant for. Personally I believe staff does a good job and I trust there better judgement to make the right call.

Thank you, Alpha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Igot950k said:

I am not one to complain about rules as they are set out to mediate the server, but while taking a look at the new set of rules there are a few that I don't understand/do not agree with. This is just my opinion and this post is just to see what others think about on this topic and have the server come to terms with some of the rules so its fair for all. 

Risk Fighting rules:

There are some parts of this that I don't think are reasonable in any sense. When it comes to going to the wilderness its a fair game to kill all players regardless on what they are doing. "Pjing a risk fight", if a player is in the wilderness there shouldn't be any immunity from other players, make a 10 second delay after a kill if you want a rule but having it being an offence is stupid. Don't go wildy if you don't want the chance of dying after a fight, go to the duel arena and fight so there isn't another person waiting to kill you after. I agree with the "Standing under a risk fight" and "Disobeying agreed rules" because that can give someone the upper hand in the fight. 

In summary I think that if your in the wildy anything goes because if you are super sensitive about dying after a fight then maybe don't pk or go duel arena. 

Staff Disrespect:

This rules is one I have never had trouble with as I respect the staff 90% of the time. With that being said though I think that there needs to be a line with what's okay and what's unacceptable. I hear stories and see people getting mad about some little thing and staff seem to instantly go and punish said player (I haven't had experience with this but giving a general suggestion). There should be a line where the staff tolerates things and where people need to be muted. I think that if you cant take some flaming and some insults then you shouldn't be staff because not everyone is going to like you and you have to have some tolerance for sour people. Then again if there is a person who just keep going then a mute is fine.

These are all my opinions and some may/may not agree and that's total fine. Also English was not my strong suit so there is probably many grammatical errors.

Thanks, Igot950k

I agree with the first one, I'll let Ryan know to have a look over this rule.

You can't put 'a line' on this rule as it's completely subjective, if anyone felt they were punished unfairly then they could appeal it and report the staff member.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Alpha Rye said:

The whole staff disrespect thing, Most of our staff is very lenient about various things, personally I've seen @One and @Logical give countless warnings to people who deserve bans, I've seen one get cursed out, called a bad staff member and should lose staff rank and still not mute the dude, only gave him a strong warning and he went completely quite. Look at it this way, would you be rude and disrespectful to your boss? Server supports/mods are here to enforce on Ryan's Behalf, Just because they "seem" too strict to you doesn't mean they are, They are just doing there job and doing what they're meant for. Personally I believe staff does a good job and I trust there better judgement to make the right call.

Thank you, Alpha

I never said ive had any problems with the staff, I'm more or less going off of what people are saying. And the whole boss thing is out of context but I get where you are going with it.

Don't really agree with any of this;

Risk fights:

These type of fights are usually high risk fights where everything like fighting style, special weapons etc is all agreed on. These are not your average fights. These rules are there to protect the players involved in a risk fight. I can think of multiple scenarios where allowing people to PJ a risk fight would be terrible.

1. Risk fighting 2b cash at mage bank. Player 1 teleblocks his opponent and gets his friend to jump on and kill them.
  2. Risk fight has concluded and player 1 is looting, suddenly another player rushes them and kills them.

Risk fights are incredibly rare to see on the server, but the rules are needed to protect those players.

Staff Disrespect: 

24 minutes ago, Igot950k said:

I never said ive had any problems with the staff, I'm more or less going off of what people are saying.

This is your problem, you are going off what other people are saying. Which kind of people do you think are most likely to complain about how staff treat them? Probably the ones who disrespect staff and get punished. These people are also likely to complain and try to turn the server against the punishing staff member, I know this better than anyone. I've seen countless players that I have muted for breaking the rules get on an alternate account and start screaming in the help chat about how the power abusing logical has just muted them for nothing. 

Staff have to put up with a lot of crap from various people and it seems to be a common occurrence lately.

Every staff member enforces the rules differently, but we all enforce them in a similar way. There are many staff who will let a lot of things slide, but there are also some staff who put up with 0 bullshit, I am one of those. People aren't getting punished purely because of disrespect, it is usually a variety of broken rules. For example, I warned someone the other day because I received a report and screenshots showing this player flaming and excessively swearing in the help chat, he also disrespected me. So I warned him for both offences, but he only cared about the disrespect, continuing to flame, swear and disrespect me. 

At the end of the day, we are players just like everyone else, except we are donating our time to help make the server a better place for everyone. We don't get paid, we don't get special perks and a lot of the time we don't get any recognition for our efforts. We are okay with that, but we aren't here to be disrespected. There is no specific line to be crossed, some staff members might allow a little disrespect, I don't. 

If players really need a line, here it is;

Don't disrespect staff at all. 

If you cross that line, there is a chance you will be punished. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Logical said:

Don't really agree with any of this;

Risk fights:

These type of fights are usually high risk fights where everything like fighting style, special weapons etc is all agreed on. These are not your average fights. These rules are there to protect the players involved in a risk fight. I can think of multiple scenarios where allowing people to PJ a risk fight would be terrible.

1. Risk fighting 2b cash at mage bank. Player 1 teleblocks his opponent and gets his friend to jump on and kill them.
  2. Risk fight has concluded and player 1 is looting, suddenly another player rushes them and kills them.

Risk fights are incredibly rare to see on the server, but the rules are needed to protect those players.

Staff Disrespect: 

This is your problem, you are going off what other people are saying. Which kind of people do you think are most likely to complain about how staff treat them? Probably the ones who disrespect staff and get punished. These people are also likely to complain and try to turn the server against the punishing staff member, I know this better than anyone. I've seen countless players that I have muted for breaking the rules get on an alternate account and start screaming in the help chat about how the power abusing logical has just muted them for nothing. 

Staff have to put up with a lot of crap from various people and it seems to be a common occurrence lately.

Every staff member enforces the rules differently, but we all enforce them in a similar way. There are many staff who will let a lot of things slide, but there are also some staff who put up with 0 bullshit, I am one of those. People aren't getting punished purely because of disrespect, it is usually a variety of broken rules. For example, I warned someone the other day because I received a report and screenshots showing this player flaming and excessively swearing in the help chat, he also disrespected me. So I warned him for both offences, but he only cared about the disrespect, continuing to flame, swear and disrespect me. 

At the end of the day, we are players just like everyone else, except we are donating our time to help make the server a better place for everyone. We don't get paid, we don't get special perks and a lot of the time we don't get any recognition for our efforts. We are okay with that, but we aren't here to be disrespected. There is no specific line to be crossed, some staff members might allow a little disrespect, I don't. 

If players really need a line, here it is;

Don't disrespect staff at all. 

If you cross that line, there is a chance you will be punished. 

If you aren't willing to risk 2b in the wildy don't go wildy then. Go duel if you don't wanna get pjed and died. Make a pj timer. Everything you said about that can be solved without making a rule out of it. Don't wanna risk and die then don't pk plain and simple.

35 minutes ago, Igot950k said:

If you aren't willing to risk 2b in the wildy don't go wildy then. Go duel if you don't wanna get pjed and died. Make a pj timer. Everything you said about that can be solved without making a rule out of it. Don't wanna risk and die then don't pk plain and simple.

Do you not understand the different between risk fighting and regular fighting? 

If you don't want to be punished for pjing a risk fight, then don't pj a risk fight plain and simple.

You need to understand that Ryan owns a pvp server as well, which was created before this server. I'm sure that had some influence over the creation of the rules. Risk fights are extremely rare, but the rules are put in place to protect those who chose to risk fight. 

Also, the whole 'go to the duel arena' argument is very weak;

1. You don't lose items on death. Causing us to have to create a new rule about giving over all of the items you would have lost if you lose.
  2. It is a very different environment, meaning you can't do things such as running around as much, freezing and hiding behind trees etc.
  3. As far as I know, you can't teleport away, forcing all risk fights to become death matches. Or at the very least no longer allowing people to risk it to the very end and teleport away. 

I still don't understand how this rule is such a huge issue for you considering risk fights are so rare to see. 

I honestly don't know how to explain it any simpler, you can PJ whoever you want, except those who have organised an official risk fight.

I doubt this will change anytime soon as you have not provided a single decent argument to abolish it.