Iron Logic

Harassment and belittling

DISCLAIMER: This is an unofficial post. I do not speak on behalf of the staff team here. This is my personal view and it will be up to the discretion of the rest of the staff team to either disagree or agree, they will decide in themselves if they want to enforce this. 

Okay, I need to make this point here because it is very hard to explain it when the clan chat is flying by at 100mph.

The thing I have a problem with is when we have players saying 'Normieeeeeeeeeeeee' or 'normreeeeeeeeeee' over ::yell or in the help chat every time a player on the normal gamemode gets a 99.

These are the reasons that I am taking a stance on it;

• It can often lead to spam depending on the amount of normal 99's or the amount of players who do this.
  • It is disparaging, disrespectful and insulting to our players who play on the normal game mode.
  • It adds nothing to the community discussion besides more people thinking it is cool and funny to do.
  • It really isn't a good look for Runex when new players see this behaviour.

So from now on, if I see this, I will be WARNING the player involved to stop this. I will direct them to this post so they can see my reasoning and if they ignore my warning and persist, they will get a SHORT MUTE.

It is unnecessary and childish, the people doing it need to grow up and cut it out. 

Also, just so we are 100% clear. I see it brought up a lot that there are a lot of things said on Runex much worse than 'normieeeeeeeeee' and I agree. But when I see it, I do step in and say something depending on the context. 

For instance, If Moose tells me to kill myself, I will give him a warning. If it persists I will give him a mute.

If Moose Constantly says 'Normieeeeeeeee' in the chat I will give him a warning. If it persists I will give him a mute. 

I am not some soft skinned little kid, I just think enough is enough. See my reasoning above. 

• Like 3

yesterday Alpha rye called me an "Autistic Cancer Kid" nothing was done, no notices posted. earlier today Wayne (a veteran member with aspirations to be a staff member as far as i know) told me to kill myself, staff members were on during both of these incidents and nothing was done. The fact that multiple people are called vulgar things, and even told to take their own lives as flown under the radar, but the fact that the runex meme "Normeeeeeeeeee" is now a problem after 2 months...is just absurd. Why are we focusing on something so small? something that actually offends and affects a very minutiae number of players? why are warnings being handed out for simply saying "normeeeeeee" or "hardeeeeeeeeeee" or "primeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" (me and whitewolf began this meme, an we both say things to hard and primes aswell) but warnings are not being handed out (not they need to, telling someone to kill themselves isnt something you need to be told is wrong) for players telling people to take their own lives? this post is silly.

Seen too many players get offended by it and start arguing. It's obnoxious & old news.. Enough is enough

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moose Mule said:

yesterday Alpha rye called me an "Autistic Cancer Kid" nothing was done, no notices posted. earlier today Wayne (a veteran member with aspirations to be a staff member as far as i know) told me to kill myself, staff members were on during both of these incidents and nothing was done. The fact that multiple people are called vulgar things, and even told to take their own lives as flown under the radar, but the fact that the runex meme "Normeeeeeeeeee" is now a problem after 2 months...is just absurd. Why are we focusing on something so small? something that actually offends and affects a very minutiae number of players? why are warnings being handed out for simply saying "normeeeeeee" or "hardeeeeeeeeeee" or "primeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" (me and whitewolf began this meme, an we both say things to hard and primes aswell) but warnings are not being handed out (not they need to, telling someone to kill themselves isnt something you need to be told is wrong) for players telling people to take their own lives? this post is silly.

autism is a hell of a drug

Can't mute people based on your personal views tho. It's just a 4chan word, mute them if they spam it (cos of spamming rule) and mute them if they flame. I see people (staff included) calling others "avoiderman", this checks exactly with your points mentioned above so we should censor it as well?    

• Like 1

I personally don't have a problem with this, but it usually does lead to arguments.

It'll start as a normreeeeeeeee , then someone will say something about play a harder game mode, they will be asked what theirs is, they say supreme, primes say make a prime if you're not bad ect ect ect. it's a everyday thing and gets old,

but I personally don't have a problem with it but it always leads to game mode shaming which does get annoying to me. 

Never liked it from the start when I first joined either, and I don't even play on normal. It's also different to two people having a heated argument where towards the climax, someone tells one another to kill themselves or similar. It's obvious that people don't just go around telling eachother to do that, something seriously has to set someone off.

The normee thing is done 20+ times a day depending on how many people get a 99 . I might be part of the "minute" people it even indirectly affects, but like with all problems - just because people don't straight up complain or speak out about it, doesn't mean it doesn't affect them. This is the first time I'm even speaking out.

Although it goes without saying that it's a shame that what was though to be a silly gag, turned into such a problem. But it became clear that something had to be done about it 

Edited by KebinTea

7 hours ago, Fab said:

Can't mute people based on your personal views tho. It's just a 4chan word, mute them if they spam it (cos of spamming rule) and mute them if they flame. I see people (staff included) calling others "avoiderman", this checks exactly with your points mentioned above so we should censor it as well?    

Technically I can, it is part of my job to protect the players of this server and for the reasons I stated, this is getting out of hand and starting to cause an issue.

Not to mention, I am WARNING people based on this personal view. The mute follows when the player disobeys a staff member and continues that actions I warned against. 

5 hours ago, Olympian said:

Don't have a problem with it as well. Staff should focus on more serious offences.

You are very new here. This have been a very ongoing issue that is getting old and out of hand. We need to get these players to grow up.

We are focused on everything.

7 hours ago, Basic Bitch said:

I personally don't have a problem with this, but it usually does lead to arguments.

It'll start as a normreeeeeeeee , then someone will say something about play a harder game mode, they will be asked what theirs is, they say supreme, primes say make a prime if you're not bad ect ect ect. it's a everyday thing and gets old,

but I personally don't have a problem with it but it always leads to game mode shaming which does get annoying to me. 

I felt the same way at first. But when you break it down, it only has a negative impact on our community. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Logical said:

Technically I can, it is part of my job to protect the players of this server and for the reasons I stated, this is getting out of hand and starting to cause an issue.

Not to mention, I am WARNING people based on this personal view. The mute follows when the player disobeys a staff member and continues that actions I warned against. 

You are very new here. This have been a very ongoing issue that is getting old and out of hand. We need to get these players to grow up.

We are focused on everything.

I felt the same way at first. But when you break it down, it only has a negative impact on our community. 

You just got a wall of texting from the community, the people who play and fund the game, telling you this is silly. you refused to comment on my reply witch i find interesting. i say we poll it. #WePayWeSay

19 minutes ago, Moose Mule said:

You just got a wall of texting from the community, the people who play and fund the game, telling you this is silly. you refused to comment on my reply witch i find interesting. i say we poll it. #WePayWeSay

Did not know that 2 people = a wall of text and the community.

Are you disregarding the players such as Wayne and Vise? As well as the other players who either support me or admit the normie thing is a problem. I mean honestly, you try to bring up how many people support your view when more have supported me, you are silly.

I have a feeling Wayne, Vise and I have 'payed' more than you, not that it accounts for anything.

I didn't respond to your point because I have answered you 100 times about it. If you can show the the entire incident,  I will warn these players. If I see it happen with my own eyes, I do warn the players. Stop bringing up the KYS thing like it is an instrumental point in countering my argument. 

Oh I wasn't against what you said, maybe I worded it weird. 

I agree it can turn away some players.

My personal opinion doesn't matter,what would be better for the server does and i'm always down for that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Basic Bitch said:

Oh I wasn't against what you said, maybe I worded it weird. 

I agree it can turn away some players.

My personal opinion doesn't matter,what would be better for the server does and i'm always down for that.

lol if they cry about someone making fun of their mode, thats there fault. 

1 hour ago, Whitewolf37 said:

I know bro, but it's same shit daily

1 hour ago, Whitewolf37 said:

lol if you cry about someone making a stance against your conduct, that's your fault.

It's time to grow up, it's causing too many issues.

17 hours ago, Moose Mule said:

No I said you suffer from Internet autism (hence you were being very rude and make smart remarks towards everything I was saying) then I called you cancer for throwing fuel in the fire, I have 0 problems with anyone on this server, but you tend to flame bait people. Staff have given you multiple warnings, and you argue with them constantly, your reputation is faulty especially when claiming I was toxic towards you (:

• Like 1

I honestly don't find it that big of a deal. Sure it can be annoying, but in my opinion it's just banter between people.

People have opinions, and people are allowed to think what they want.

1 hour ago, Switchstop7 said:

I honestly don't find it that big of a deal. Sure it can be annoying, but in my opinion it's just banter between people.

People have opinions, and people are allowed to think what they want.

There is a big difference in a bit of banter and shaming people.

The people that do this aren't friends or even know the person they are harassing, That isn't how banter works. The only time this would be true is if the person who they are saying it to joins in etc.

People can think anything they want, but in terms of what they can do and say on Runex is a different story, that is why we have rules.

I can have some very colourful opinions and thoughts about certain people, that doesn't give me the excuse to harass them and cause an issue on the server.

• Like 1

If you have time to police this then fair enough, but it isn't against the rules so I don't see how much you can do? And please don't say it's some sort of harassment to get it under a rule bracket...if this is harassment, where do you draw the line?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Logical said:

There is a big difference in a bit of banter and shaming people.

The people that do this aren't friends or even know the person they are harassing, That isn't how banter works. The only time this would be true is if the person who they are saying it to joins in etc.

People can think anything they want, but in terms of what they can do and say on Runex is a different story, that is why we have rules.

I can have some very colourful opinions and thoughts about certain people, that doesn't give me the excuse to harass them and cause an issue on the server.

I just don't see it as harassment. It's literally just a joke playing on someone accomplishing something that takes like a half an hour to do, if that.

I think it kind of adds a charm to the server. I thought it was hilarious even when used against me on my normie account.

I think we should just cut the shit and get to the point, this clearly isn't about disparaging comments, or rulebreaking. This whole post should be titled "Don't be an ass....Mule." This indirect approach to stop mule's behavior will never work, nip it in the bud, and say what you really feel. Clearly this entire situation is because of mule, the only person you're disagreeing with on this post is mule, and one of the only people who starts this is the one who started it...mule, I'm not saying I disagree with your reasoning but honesty goes a long way, and to me, honestly, this seems like a workaround to directly telling mule to stop being an ass and flamebaiting. What do I know though, I've only been dealing with disruptive players for 10 years. Personally I don't think Mule is in the wrong for saying Normieeeeee, I do disagree with his flamebaiting and argumentative personality though. You've warned him before, and muted him, He knows what the consequenses will be if he continues to exhibit such activities, why make a senseless rule that will only hurt innocent people? next time my friend on normal gets a level and I say normieeeeee will I get warned or muted? how do you know who is friends with whom? This entire "rule" is whimsical at best, Obviously we're going to have to follow it, as we enjoy the game and don't want to be jailed or silenced by our imperial overlords, but this "fix" is going to be about as effective as putting tape on a crumbling foundation of a house. It won't work. Disruptive Players will always be disruptive, no matter how many ways you try to inhibit them, they will find a new way to cause disruption. the solution here is explaining the reasoning behind the issue (which you did) and then handling it on a case to case basis, for example, First offence-warning, second offence-short mute, third offence long mute, 4th offence ban. I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job, I'm just trying to shed some light on it, I'm an older player (29 if you must know) and I've learned a lot from my interactions with people over my years, consider what I've said and use what you will from it, but also consider that this new rule can lead to overpolicing which will drive new players away just as easy as a disruptive player will.

• Like 1

Common it's obviously more than a fun factor, it's almost as every 99 achieved by a Normal Mode player there are a couple of players who make it a point to call them out and few other joining in.

Now people can be like 'oh i was just saying his mode', 'all in fun' but for real. If there's a mode and a player wishes to play it then let them, making it a point to say it every 10 minutes won't change their mode for god's sake.

I know 'Most' if not all do it for 'Fun' but when they use terms like 'gz on killing a chicken for a 99 in combat' and so on, to taunt/ provoke them, just makes room for unwanted convo's in the Help chat.

Again not saying just spamming 'Normieeee' or w/e should be an insta punishment but repeated behaviour should be questionable so it would result in players to enjoy the game as they wish.

1 hour ago, Feed My Ego said:

Common it's obviously more than a fun factor, it's almost as every 99 achieved by a Normal Mode player there are a couple of players who make it a point to call them out and few other joining in.

Now people can be like 'oh i was just saying his mode', 'all in fun' but for real. If there's a mode and a player wishes to play it then let them, making it a point to say it every 10 minutes won't change their mode for god's sake.

I know 'Most' if not all do it for 'Fun' but when they use terms like 'gz on killing a chicken for a 99 in combat' and so on, to taunt/ provoke them, just makes room for unwanted convo's in the Help chat.

Again not saying just spamming 'Normieeee' or w/e should be an insta punishment but repeated behaviour should be questionable so it would result in players to enjoy the game as they wish.

exactly! Like this right here

eb5b1645ffd2347f146240b5d9c279ea.png

It's not just one phrase, it's not just going to be fixed by banning a phrase, the players who continue to flamebait and otherwise harass players should be taken care of, and i'm not just saying this because i'm some "butthurt liberal" feel free to flame me in pm, it will be a good old time, but a lot of players on a private server make up the age group of 11-15, and they don't need to be bullied and/or otherwise subjected to feeling bad because of how they choose to play a game, they don't need to be harassed, or treated poorly, and players who continue to do so should be banned, permenantly, not given a 30 minute mute. and a blanket ban on something won't help, the players *if they continue to do so* should be made an example of so people know their actions have consequenses, continuing to let people slide will not help the server whatsoever, contrary, it will be a detriment to the server.

I'm not referring to friendly banter either, i'm referring to global and help chat where the majority of this shit takes place. it's a plague on this server that needs to be addressed.

Edited by Bearman
  • Like 1