Iron Logic

Fix Ironman

Only vote if you are an ironman.  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ironmen be able to get the drop if they do the majority of the damage?

I feel like this issue needs to be brought up again.

Bossing on an ironman can be very aggravating at times because you have to do 100% of the damage.

• Someone left the boss with health missing? No drop or credit for you.
  • Someone feels like being a dick and tags the boss once? No loot or credit for you.
  • Someone set up a cannon and it happens to hit your NPC once? No loot or credit for you.

This really needs to change and as we have seen with the recent giant mole update, Ryan is more than capable of tracking how much damage each player has done to a boss.

So this is simple, make it so that whoever does the majority of the damage gets the loot and the credit (slayer, achievements etc)

I would like to thank someone for going out of his way to either tag the boss I was on or killing it. Normally I would not have a problem with this, but you went out of your way to wait for my shaman to spawn just so you could hit it even though your other 2 had spawned already. Very unnecessary. 

• Like 1

This needs to be fixed asap, Support! Not just for the drops also to help stop ironmen getting triggered and doing rants like the above ^

• Haha 1

Yes yes yes +100000

I can't explain how annoying this is to be a ironman grinding out bosses and someone just comes in and crashes and you can't do anything..

I was doing cerb before only had 2 left for task, asked the man if he minds i just finish real quick, they said no thanks im doing my task now???

if i wasn't hcim/ironman i know i would've out damaged him he was in rune with a whip but just wanted to be a dick. It really turns me off the server sometimes it happens alot

Edited by Basic Bitch

Just add a portal where you have to pay like 250k-1m coins for to get your own spot where no one can come like rs simple fix

Cause people will find a reason to complain about that sad to say

but i'm down for whatever, regardless ironman not getting credit for a monster being hit by someone else is a flawed system as is that shouldn't be like that to begin with.

Edited by Basic Bitch

Either this or instanced bosses with one time OR permanent payments.

1 hour ago, Control said:

Just add a portal where you have to pay like 250k-1m coins for to get your own spot where no one can come like rs simple fix

1 hour ago, Pane said:

Either this or instanced bosses with one time OR permanent payments.

The only problem with instances is that you are forcing ironmen to pretty much pay tax because of their game mode. A lot of the time there is no-one at most bosses and ironmen will be the majority of people who pay for instances. Ironmen don't have a great deal of pure cash income because they can't sell items.

I'd be down for instances except that it would put more stress on the server, giving ironmen a fair chance by making the majority damager get the loot is a nice and easy work around.

30 minutes ago, Logical said:

The only problem with instances is that you are forcing ironmen to pretty much pay tax because of their game mode. A lot of the time there is no-one at most bosses and ironmen will be the majority of people who pay for instances. Ironmen don't have a great deal of pure cash income because they can't sell items.

I'd be down for instances except that it would put more stress on the server, giving ironmen a fair chance by making the majority damager get the loot is a nice and easy work around.

Ironman and prime players should get instances for Free and other players can pay a tax 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vise said:

Ironman and prime players should get instances for Free and other players can pay a tax 

I like the way you think ;) 

• Thanks 1

Maybe instances not for free OR for a payment - but as some sort of perk for completing some new (boss related) achievements?

Nah it should ask for a fee cause it's a money sink and monkey sinks are good :) but it could be free for ironmens nothing else though

2 hours ago, Pane said:

Maybe instances not for free OR for a payment - but as some sort of perk for completing some new (boss related) achievements?

Or we could give the portal room in the player own houses some use. Where you can have 3 portals to any bossing instance. Maybe even the ability to go to building mode and change which boss the portals are for whenever you like.

• Like 1