Wayne

[Q&A] @Ryan, Ramzi, & Nate

Just a few questions, you're not obligated to answer them.. It would be appreciated though :ph34r: 

@Ryan

• How many years have you been apart of the RSPS Community?
  • How many hours per week do you typically spend coding Runex? 
  • Are you overwhelmed controlling 2 servers at a time?
  • Do you play any other games, aside from RSPS's/Runescape?
  • Is this server struggling? (An honest answer would be appreciated)
  • Is it your personal preference to only have Staff Member ranks on both of your forums? 
  • What's your thoughts on the current Economic state of Runex?
  • Do you have a full-time job, aside from RSPS's? (Yes/No)
  • Did you ever own any other RSPS's aside from SpawnPK/Runex? I'm an RSPS Veteran myself, just curious if I ever played one of your discontinued servers.
  • Are you a Pker? You've coded one of the best Pking servers I've ever played, I assume you have an avid Pking background?
  • Are you happy with the outcome of Runex thus far?

@Ramzi

• Are you overwhelmed Administrating 2 servers at a time?
  • How did you come up with your Username 'Ramzi'?
  • Are you as active as you wish to be? Anything slowing you down?
  • Have you ever coded?

@Nate

All questions have been answered below 

Spoiler
On 9/18/2017 at 1:24 PM, Ryan said:

@Ryan

• 5+ years
    • It varies based on the tasks at hand for that week. Sometimes 30-40, sometimes it can be 50+, etc.
    • No
    • Yes
    • There's always room for improvement, but no, I don't think it's struggling
  • Is it your personal preference to only have Staff Member ranks on both of your forums? 
    • Are you referring to the exclusion of donator ranks? I still would like to implement donator ranks/badges, but my plan is to have in-game integration with the forums so it can automatically detect your donator rank and apply it. This may take a while to find the time for, but I'd expect it in the near future.
    • Gold input/output seems to be heading in the right direction.
    • On the other hand, there are many items that need to be sinked/disposed from the economy
      • We have updates planned to effectively mend this, so stay tuned!
    • I have other projects outside of RSPS, but they're not necessarily full-time
  • Did you ever own any other RSPS's aside from SpawnPK/Runex? I'm an RSPS Veteran myself, just curious if I ever played one of your discontinued servers.
    • Yes. I'd rather not disclose the names of those servers, but I'm sure you'd find out if you asked around
  • Are you a Pker? You've coded one of the best Pking servers I've ever played, I assume you have an avid Pking background?
    • I was never much of a pker, but I've always understood its appeal
    • Yes. There is still a long way to go, but nonetheless, I think we've made great progress in retrospect
Spoiler

@Ramzi

• 2+ years to be honest, which is fairly new. But I have learned a lot from Ryan, Nate, and the players 
    • Not at all, I actually really enjoy it
    • Yes. Mostly just super smash bros melee recently 
    • I have other projects outside of RSPS yes 
    • Its part of my name  
    • Recently I have been able to be around more and increase my activity, but I could always improve in this aspect. I would like to communicate with the community more
    • Yes, but there is a lot more to be done 
  • Have you ever coded?
    • Very very little, I started to learn the basics. I soon realized that it is not something I really enjoy. I enjoy talking and interacting with others, hence my position 
Spoiler

@Nate

Honestly I've lost count but at least 9 years. 

Varies week to week but for the most part it takes up about the same time as a full time job. (40 hours) but best believe I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't enjoy the living f**k out of what I do.

Overwatch is something I play often but other than that I'll try games but get bored quickly these days honestly. If anyone has good recommendations please throw them my way!

I always think improvement can be done regardless of what state anything is in, game and life included. You only sell yourself short if you settle for the level you are at. Like why not at least continue to get better for the thrill of it??

I won't be able to be as active as I'd like for a bit but I was thoroughly enjoying the communication I had with the community when I was online these last few months. Big thanks to the players for being actuallly really cool lol, past endeavors have lead me to assume most people are bitter but the good players of runex restore my faith with their unique quirkiness and personalities. Shoutouts to a couple people!

@Roger @Chandler @Logical @Safi @callbackup @fe 

and literally honestly everyone else. No matter what diversity or craziness I'm glad you guys enjoy what we do and I'm seriously one thankful mofo because of it. Love you guys.

Yes I worked retail and management alongside RSPS but now I just work on different projects and write in my free time. I'm not a "writer" per se but it's definitely a fun thing to do if you haven't tried it! 

Yes!! If you saw what I said above I love y'all and I mean it. There's a LOT of negative lame junk out there in other RSPS and in the rs community in general tbh but our community continues to pleasanalty surprise me. Not only in your overwhelmingly epic support but in your vocal suggestions and care for the server. It does inspire me when I see that stuff so please never stop posting your creative and unique input and suggestions my dudes. Much love.

Edited by Wayne
  • Like 1

Would love it if they responded to this! I feel like it'd benefit the community if we knew more about the guys running our game for us.

• 5+ years
    • It varies based on the tasks at hand for that week. Sometimes 30-40, sometimes it can be 50+, etc.
    • No
    • Yes
    • There's always room for improvement, but no, I don't think it's struggling
  • Is it your personal preference to only have Staff Member ranks on both of your forums? 
    • Are you referring to the exclusion of donator ranks? I still would like to implement donator ranks/badges, but my plan is to have in-game integration with the forums so it can automatically detect your donator rank and apply it. This may take a while to find the time for, but I'd expect it in the near future.
    • Gold input/output seems to be heading in the right direction.
    • On the other hand, there are many items that need to be sinked/disposed from the economy
      • We have updates planned to effectively mend this, so stay tuned!
    • I have other projects outside of RSPS, but they're not necessarily full-time
    • Yes. I'd rather not disclose the names of those servers, but I'm sure you'd find out if you asked around
    • I was never much of a pker, but I've always understood its appeal
    • Yes. There is still a long way to go, but nonetheless, I think we've made great progress in retrospect
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Thank You for replying Ryan, it means a lot. :)

@Ramzi

• 2+ years to be honest, which is fairly new. But I have learned a lot from Ryan, Nate, and the players 
    • Not at all, I actually really enjoy it
    • Yes. Mostly just super smash bros melee recently 
    • I have other projects outside of RSPS yes 
    • Its part of my name  
    • Recently I have been able to be around more and increase my activity, but I could always improve in this aspect. I would like to communicate with the community more
    • Yes, but there is a lot more to be done 
  • Have you ever coded?
    • Very very little, I started to learn the basics. I soon realized that it is not something I really enjoy. I enjoy talking and interacting with others, hence my position 
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Ramzi said:

• Its part of my name  

May I ask what part of your name? Is it part of like your first name or middle name? If you prefer not to answer dw bout it, jw :P

Honestly I've lost count but at least 9 years. 

Varies week to week but for the most part it takes up about the same time as a full time job. (40 hours) but best believe I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't enjoy the living f**k out of what I do.

Overwatch is something I play often but other than that I'll try games but get bored quickly these days honestly. If anyone has good recommendations please throw them my way!

I always think improvement can be done regardless of what state anything is in, game and life included. You only sell yourself short if you settle for the level you are at. Like why not at least continue to get better for the thrill of it??

I won't be able to be as active as I'd like for a bit but I was thoroughly enjoying the communication I had with the community when I was online these last few months. Big thanks to the players for being actuallly really cool lol, past endeavors have lead me to assume most people are bitter but the good players of runex restore my faith with their unique quirkiness and personalities. Shoutouts to a couple people!

@Roger @Chandler @Logical @Safi @callbackup @fe 

and literally honestly everyone else. No matter what diversity or craziness I'm glad you guys enjoy what we do and I'm seriously one thankful mofo because of it. Love you guys.

Yes I worked retail and management alongside RSPS but now I just work on different projects and write in my free time. I'm not a "writer" per se but it's definitely a fun thing to do if you haven't tried it! 

Yes!! If you saw what I said above I love y'all and I mean it. There's a LOT of negative lame junk out there in other RSPS and in the rs community in general tbh but our community continues to pleasanalty surprise me. Not only in your overwhelmingly epic support but in your vocal suggestions and care for the server. It does inspire me when I see that stuff so please never stop posting your creative and unique input and suggestions my dudes. Much love.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Nate said:

If anyone has good recommendations please throw them my way!

I found a game a while ago that literally eats my time. It's called like Ruxen or something along those lines, you should play that! 

Big thank you to @Ryan @Ramzi and @Nate for replying here, to a lot of people you are just machines that code and reset passwords and are pretty rare to see. Things like this are just so great to see and it gives us a really good insight into the people beyond the 'owner' title.

Huge respect to @Wayne for asking this as well, it's little things like this that bring the community together and is just amazing to see. 

What are the chances of seeing a weekly or biweekly 'QnA' post? It would be cool if users could submit their own questions under the previous thread. Would also lead to more community interaction and forums activity in general.

Ngl. Most server owners wouldn't give a shit about a post like this. Mad respect to Ryan, Ramzi and Nate for doing this.

2 hours ago, Raw said:

Ngl. Most server owners wouldn't give a shit about a post like this. Mad respect to Ryan, Ramzi and Nate for doing this.

I agree. No shout out to Samuel from Nate though so -1 point for him.

-Samuel

• Haha 1