52xp

Racism in-game

I will be advertising this topic at a later date in-game so the community all gets to see it. 

As of today, any player punished by me specifically for use of the word "n*gger" or anything of such derogatory racism will receive a greatly increased duration for their punishment. 

This means, in short, that instead of a 1-3 day mute (depending on past punishment logs involving the player), you will now receive at least a week so you have some time to grow up. 

It is absolutely common sense that such offensive words aren't allowed and since everyone seems to be taking it lightly - I'll give some reasons not to. 

I have announced in the staff chat that I will be doing this and if it's agreed upon by higher up staff (Ryan, Nate, Ramzi) then you might have harsher punishments to look forward to. 

It's beyond time for our community to stop appearing so immature and cancerous, and if you decide to hate me for fixing that issue then by all means, do so. 

Cheers. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

This is better than any content update the server has had. I'm sure there will be plenty of edgy "hurr durr its just a word" kids, but a week+ mute should straighten them out.

Support this 100%, in pm with friends it's different compared to cc where others can see it and may take offence, a week mute whether it's after a warning who cares. Racism isn't acceptable

+1 but how come only the "RACISM" gets adressed and not the  : Rape, Gay, Faggot , Autism, Queer , and absurd comments and sexual / inappropriate talks when new players join the server or returners. that make runex look bad? @52xp

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, serene said:

+1 but how come only the "RACISM" gets adressed and not the  : Rape, Gay, Faggot , Autism, Queer , and absurd comments and sexual / inappropriate talks when new players join the server or returners. that make runex look bad? @52xp

We will definitely crack down on all of those things, however the racism has gotten out of hand lately and is the bigger of all the other issues. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, serene said:

I agree with those ways of addressing people but sexual and inappropriate talk is quite common in a RSPS including banter, I'm Aussie and you should see some of the things I say to "Ouch" lel

I can support this, as long as warnings are still in place - you (in my opinion) can't just mute someone for A WEEK just because of a word, without a warning. Unless, obviously, it's used in an extremely derogatory way.

6 hours ago, serene said:

Sorry - have you seen your signature? I'm all for cracking down on blatant abuse, and I myself would never do any of the above (maybe a few sexual jokes ;)), but we can't completely sensor all of that - what are we? Feminists? 

Edited by Pane

Okay I know you said n**ger. But what about other terms such as nigga and nignog? I use those when talking to people in-game. Just need clarification so i don't get a mute. Tyty

56 minutes ago, Hci Dead said:

Okay I know you said n**ger. But what about other terms such as nigga and nignog? I use those when talking to people in-game. Just need clarification so i don't get a mute. Tyty

-___- & we're still on the fence with that. Personally I think as long as words like nigga (very common replacement for bro, buddy, etc) aren't used in a derogatory manner, they're fine. But I can't speak for the rest of the staff. 

4 hours ago, Pane said:

I can support this, as long as warnings are still in place - you (in my opinion) can't just mute someone for A WEEK just because of a word, without a warning. Unless, obviously, it's used in an extremely derogatory way.

Once I believe enough players have seen this post, I will all but count this as a warning. 

57 minutes ago, Hci Dead said:

It all depends on the context, if you and your friends are saying things like 'what up my nigga' etc, then that is completely fine as long as you aren't causing someone a great deal of offence.

But something like 'you fucking nigga' would bring about a punishment. Just be careful who you say it around / to.

Screw you 52xp, I was in the middle on my reply and you stole it from me. 

22 minutes ago, Logical said:

Screw you 52xp, I was in the middle on my reply and you stole it from me. 

giphy.webp

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1