Raw

New capes.

I'm suggesting on adding the different kind of max capes that OsRs currently has.

The Fire Max Cape, Saradomin, Guthix, Zamorak etc.

Also the Infernal cape with a minigame of some sort to achieve it?

Also would it be possible to add color changing or a color wheel on a max cape? That way we can each be different instead of having the same cape? idk if anyone would support these but I think they'd be cool. @Ryan @Ramzi@Nate

• Like 4

Infernal cape, infernal max cape and fire max cape I will support.

But not any of the 'god' max capes, currently we have capes that are better magic capes than the god capes, and I don't want a god max cape to become the new best in-slot because it makes it unfair for harder game-modes.

25 minutes ago, Iron Logic said:

Infernal cape, infernal max cape and fire max cape I will support.

But not any of the 'god' max capes, currently we have capes that are better magic capes than the god capes, and I don't want a god max cape to become the new best in-slot because it makes it unfair for harder game-modes.

They would give the same magic bonus that a god cape has already. It would also be a good money sink for max capes if someone were to want a fire max cape or a god max cape tbh.

Also, let's be real here. The max cape is supposed to be the best cape in-game behind the Completionist Cape. There's a reason it's end-game.

Edited by Raw

27 minutes ago, Nate said:

I agree, the Infernal cape should come sooner rather than later.

Now, pls.

44 minutes ago, Raw said:

They would give the same magic bonus that a god cape has already. It would also be a good money sink for max capes if someone were to want a fire max cape or a god max cape tbh.

Also, let's be real here. The max cape is supposed to be the best cape in-game behind the Completionist Cape. There's a reason it's end-game.

We can't just call a max cape 'endgame' because we have a variety of game modes. 

I as a prime an not even close to a max cape, but if I were a normal account I would have over 10b experience. 

BIS gear, or close to BIS gear shouldn't be earned via levels (ie getting maxed for max cape).

2 minutes ago, Iron Logic said:

We can't just call a max cape 'endgame' because we have a variety of game modes. 

I as a prime an not even close to a max cape, but if I were a normal account I would have over 10b experience. 

BIS gear, or close to BIS gear shouldn't be earned via levels (ie getting maxed for max cape).

You can say what you want but there is no denying that a Max Cape is endgame content. It's sought after because of the perks it has attached to it and its usefulness. The same goes for a completionist cape.

It's end-game for any game mode. What are you trying to achieve on your prime? Max combat\skilling stats. That's considered endgame. Let me put this into perspective for you. Roger is the only hard game mode with a completionist cape. A feat that I'm not even going to attempt even on my supreme but he has the end-game cape and uses it everywhere. You're going to tell me that a best in slot item like this shouldn't be added because you chose prime? It doesn't work like that. Asuna is a maxed prime with max cape because he trained hard to get it and got his levels to 99. That's what a max cape is. Truth is, god max cape wouldn't be best in slot anyway since we have cursed capes and that new Arcan armor set for magic. Who knows what customs are in this game now that Ryan added those crest things. 

tl;dr version - BIS cape is earned through leveling no matter what anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Raw said:

You can say what you want but there is no denying that a Max Cape is endgame content. It's sought after because of the perks it has attached to it and its usefulness. The same goes for a completionist cape.

It's end-game for any game mode. What are you trying to achieve on your prime? Max combat\skilling stats. That's considered endgame. Let me put this into perspective for you. Roger is the only hard game mode with a completionist cape. A feat that I'm not even going to attempt even on my supreme but he has the end-game cape and uses it everywhere. You're going to tell me that a best in slot item like this shouldn't be added because you chose prime? It doesn't work like that. Asuna is a maxed prime with max cape because he trained hard to get it and got his levels to 99. That's what a max cape is. Truth is, god max cape wouldn't be best in slot anyway since we have cursed capes and that new Arcan armor set for magic. Who knows what customs are in this game now that Ryan added those crest things. 

tl;dr version - BIS cape is earned through leveling no matter what anyway. 

Okay, sure, max cape is end-game content.

As for Rogers completionist cape, I don't mind that, as there are much harder requirements that do not involve skilling and thus does not give different game modes much of an unfiar advantage. 

But you are looking past the differing difficulties of game-modes. It only takes a normal account a day or 2 to max if they are trying, a point that Roger has shown. But it could take a prime accounts months to achieve the same results and same rewards for doing so. 

I'm just saying that we can't go making gear that is earned through skilling and therefore dictated by game-modes too over powered or even be close to BIS. 

Okay, sure, max cape is end-game content.

As for Rogers completionist cape, I don't mind that, as there are much harder requirements that do not involve skilling and thus does not give different game modes much of an unfiar advantage. 

But you are looking past the differing difficulties of game-modes. It only takes a normal account a day or 2 to max if they are trying, a point that Roger has shown. But it could take a prime accounts months to achieve the same results and same rewards for doing so. 

I'm just saying that we can't go making gear that is earned through skilling and therefore dictated by game-modes too over powered or even be close to BIS. 

But we can go around making gear formed around just PvMing? That's not fair at all in the BIS spectrum. There are other capes that are better than a god cape. 

God capes are T60, ardy cape (4) is T70 (supposed to be) Cursed cape exists on here which idek what tier it is and then theres the new Arcan set that was added through the crest update. We don't know if there's a cape for it yet. The God Max capes aren't a big deal in the larger spectrum. If anything people will use them as fashionscape more than anything. @52xp himself will probably do that when he maxes.

I'd just like to point out that Roger is on Hard, not Normal. If he did it on a different account to prove it, disregard this.

However, Raw isn't looking past the different game modes at all. The max cape is SUPPOSED to be one of the BIS capes. 

The Completionist cape is SUPPOSED to be THE BIS cape. That's how it's been for ages.. 

Also, I'm not understanding how it's affecting game modes to allow us to add a saradomin god cape to a max cape...

That takes little to no effort, no matter the game mode, and if you already have the max cape - it's even easier, lol.

EDIT: Raw is correct, I would most definitely use the Zamorak Max Cape for fashionscape, LOL. :^)

Edited by 52xp

2 minutes ago, Raw said:

But we can go around making gear formed around just PvMing? That's not fair at all in the BIS spectrum. There are other capes that are better than a god cape. 

God capes are T60, ardy cape (4) is T70 (supposed to be) Cursed cape exists on here which idek what tier it is and then theres the new Arcan set that was added through the crest update. We don't know if there's a cape for it yet. The God Max capes aren't a big deal in the larger spectrum. If anything people will use them as fashionscape more than anything. @52xp himself will probably do that when he maxes.

I was arguing against having a max cape be BIS in any form, nothing against adding god cape to it, my initial post was merely pointing out that it would be useless to add god max cape if we also had the colour slider.

4 minutes ago, 52xp said:

I'd just like to point out that Roger is on Hard, not Normal. If he did it on a different account to prove it, disregard this.

However, Raw isn't looking past the different game modes at all. The max cape is SUPPOSED to be one of the BIS capes. 

The Completionist cape is SUPPOSED to be THE BIS cape. That's how it's been for ages.. 

Also, I'm not understanding how it's affecting game modes to allow us to add a saradomin god cape to a max cape...

That takes little to no effort, no matter the game mode, and if you already have the max cape - it's even easier, lol.

EDIT: Raw is correct, I would most definitely use the Zamorak Max Cape for fashionscape, LOL. :^)

Max capes and Comp capes are supposed to be BIS capes on the basis that there is only one experience mode. Since it is 45x easier for a normal to achieve a max cape compared to a prime, I don't get how you cant see an issue there :P Imagine if the comp requirements for a prime were divided by 45 (making it 45 times easier for a prime to achieve the comp cape), seems a little unfair doesn't it :P 

I was arguing against having a max cape be BIS in any form, nothing against adding god cape to it, my initial post was merely pointing out that it would be useless to add god max cape if we also had the colour slider.

Max capes and Comp capes are supposed to be BIS capes on the basis that there is only one experience mode. Since it is 45x easier for a normal to achieve a max cape compared to a prime, I don't get how you cant see an issue there :P Imagine if the comp requirements for a prime were divided by 45 (making it 45 times easier for a prime to achieve the comp cape), seems a little unfair doesn't it :P 

I think you seem to forget that you chose prime, not us. The requirements shouldn't differ whatsoever. It was your choice, and all other prime players' choices, to make the game harder for yourself. As far as I'm concerned - and always have been - you deserve what you get from that. You wanted that extra grind and you got it.. Plus, 90% of the prime players only use it to brag about their difficulty.. So get the max cape and brag about it. If you're that against a Max cape having it's true stats and placement in the "BIS rankings" for capes, create an easier account and get one. However, the rest of us (presumably) would like to see it how it should be, regardless of difficulty, because as I said; YOU (and all other Supreme, Prime, etc.) chose your difficulty and we chose ours. There's no viable argument against this.

tl;dr: you chose prime, if you don't like it then make a new account.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iron Logic said:

Where was it ever stated when max and comp capes were created that they were devised only for one experience mode..? I understand your argument but you chose to play that game mode. Also the way the god max cape works is to add a god cape to it so i don't understand why you had to point that out. A color slider is for fashionscape. Cos pretty colors and individuality with capes is cool imo.

This is starting to get off-topic :P
Like I said, I agree with everything in the post, including adding god capes, I just pointed out that we had other magic based capes that would provide a better bonus that a god max cape.

Yes, I chose prime for the challenge of it, i am just heavily against any gear that could be BIS should be earned through skilling which is dictated by the difficulty of your game mode. I'm not sure how I can explain it any simpler. 

Where was it ever stated when max and comp capes were created that they were devised only for one experience mode..?

In real runescape, where they only have one experience rate.

Edited by Iron Logic

8 minutes ago, Iron Logic said:

This is starting to get off-topic :P
Like I said, I agree with everything in the post, including adding god capes, I just pointed out that we had other magic based capes that would provide a better bonus that a god max cape.

Yes, I chose prime for the challenge of it, i am just heavily against any gear that could be BIS should be earned through skilling which is dictated by the difficulty of your game mode. I'm not sure how I can explain it any simpler. 

In real runescape, where they only have one experience rate.

You're reaching with that. It's not physically stated anywhere. 

5 hours ago, Raw said:

You're reaching with that. It's not physically stated anywhere. 

If you mean real runescape,it isn't stated anywhere because the is only one experience mode, it's been that way for decades, It doesn't need to be stated :P

But, @Raw and @52xp, you've destroyed me in this post, and I now agree with most of your points :P

• Like 2

How would it make it BIS...? Does that mean god capes are currently BIS? All max god capes would be doing is adding fasionscape if you use god capes.

39 minutes ago, prime dead said:

How would it make it BIS...? Does that mean god capes are currently BIS? All max god capes would be doing is adding fasionscape if you use god capes.

Kinda late, but the discussion way about the hypothetical situation where max capes and comp capes are BIS.