Sign in to follow this  
James

How did it go for you?

Hey everyone!

As you all noticed, we changed the H'ween event in a way that makes the event not the main focus of the update but it gives people the chance to grind out the event if they wished.

What I'd like to hear from you guys is how you think we did, and how you all think we could improve on the event for the next time around.

I'd appreciate if we could keep any sort of sheer callouts saying the event was crap for you, but we'd like some feedback from you to see what we can do to improve it and maybe make it more enjoyable for everyone. 

So, please reply to this thread with any feedback you have and maybe even add something that you enjoyed from the H'ween event.

Here is a format you can use to leave some feedback if you wish:

IGN:

What I enjoyed about the Halloween event:

What I think could be different in the next event:

Why I feel it should be different:

Other:

(Disclaimer: This thread is not a place for arguments, its a place to leave your feedback and not combat others opinions, if there is any arguments on this thread people will be restricted from posting and their ideas will be forfeit and removed from the thread.)

I'll compile all of the suggestions and feedback and move them over to our suggestion squad and allow them to work on all of them and create new and refreshing ideas for the next event we host!

Thanks everyone!

~James

• Thanks 1

IGN: Frodko

What I enjoyed about the Halloween event: Tokens till they was as "bonus reward" for runs.

What I think could be different in the next event: Wildy event monsters to hunt.

Why I feel it should be different: Cuz wildy is dead and it would bring atleast some players in to wild.

Other: -

IGN: Java

What I enjoyed about the Halloween event: This Halloween event differed GREATLY compared to most events in terms of creativity. This could have easily been a concept RS produced for a holiday event! The animations, map, everything was perfect and I hope to see more of this in our future! Prior events mostly consisted of random sparkly NPC spawns that really made no sense.

What I think could be different in the next event: 

• I felt like my fingers were going to fall off by the 3rd full chest.. it was EXTREMELY dull to kill 10K rabbits. Some players killed far more and I have no idea how they kept their sanity? *cough* Espen 
  • More incentives to actually completing the event? I felt like the reward pool was nerfed far too hard, but I must say there were FAR TOO MANY epic pet boxes coming into the game. There were no opportunities to earn Bonds for this event which I felt was sad, new players alike would love to join a server and hop into a holiday event and be rewarded with free donator bonds, it really brings in the holiday spirit.
  • The World Boss was poorly coded this year, I miss having a challenge and actually seeing effort being put into the Boss.. some players simply afk'd and had auto-retaliate on 24.7..
  • Add a use for extra epic holiday pets obtained, I really like the enchant chest concept.

Why I feel it should be different: We are the only server with a seasonal event system in place which draws in a huge community, our player base skyrockets during these times and I strongly encourage a more rewarding system, nerfing the event really set a bad tone for the community IMO. 

Other: It's very discouraging seeing 2017 H'ween event items being placed inside a cosmetic shop for players to freely purchase, that was a very OSRS move which I am not too keen about, it also reminded me of how Blood Shaman set no longer stayed valuable when a shop introduced them. Stay away from discontinued items, please.

Edited by Java
  • Like 1

IGN: Hxwl

What I enjoyed about the Halloween event: Castle event was nice because it felt like it had an idea behind it and wasn't just random NPC hunting. The rewards were good enough that I cared about getting the tokens, but not too good, like in the summer, where I just spent all of my time grinding for tokens instead of playing the game.

What I think could be different in the next event: Would be nice to maybe bring back the cycled activities. Also, it would be cool if you could get at least some tokens for doing just any skilling, or maybe getting a rare drop from bosses would give some tokens as well. It would still make sense that the skilling tasks and slayer tasks etc. would give more tokens. Scaling for skilling tasks and slayer tasks should be added, since now only viable way to get meaningful amount of tokens from those was to either grind (rune)crafting tasks or jelly tasks. It also would be nice that the rewards from the event are something that is otherwise difficult to get, such as pandora boxes or runecoin boxes, and less stuff that cause ironmen to skip content (lance, devouts, draconic, etc.).

Why I feel it should be different: Giving tokens only for limited type of activities will cause new players (esp. ironmen) to only do that content, instead of content that would progress them further in the game. Ex. player grinds the event for the rewards, instead of grinding Alchemical Hydra for DHL. If getting a Hydra Claw would give tokens too, that would incentivize the player to progress while still getting the event rewards.

Other: This was mostly from ironman point of view. Event was great overall and definitely a huge improvement from the summer event.

IGN:Hombrehierro

What I enjoyed about the Halloween event: This Halloween event was very different from all the other events, much more elaborate and honestly it was not boring at all (personal opinion) I really liked the fact of getting rewarded for completing the event x times, that made it less repetitive and gave many more desire to do it several times

What I think could be different in the next event: I would like the event chest to be improved, they should add more objects that discourage people to complete the chest, like more grand crest, pandora boxes, m chest and all that kind of thing, or maybe just remove the large amount of bad objects like crystal keys

Why I feel it should be different:I feel that it should be different to encourage more players to complete the event and especially to enjoy it, be it iron man accounts or normal accounts

Other:

IGN: im amish bro

What I enjoyed about the Halloween event: I like the fact it started out kind of like a quest, And the different activitys to obtain the pieces in order to complete it.

What I think could be different in the next event: More ways to earn tokens instead of just constantly grinding out the castle, Scale up the tokens for slayer tasks etc. More appealing rewards in the chest, I honestly didn't complete the event because i seen no reason to, best item i thought was a pet box. I miss when us that can't spend hundreds or thousands were able to earn our donator rank through the chest. 

Why I feel it should be different: It got to be super repetitive and not fun to grind for very little and nerfed things in the chest

Other: I loved that this event was absolutely unique instead of killing wandering npc's but wish their was more activites to earn tokens or scaled better. Plus better rewards for the completion of it!