not l4zy

RuneX FAQ

Help Chat FAQ:

You may be thinking "L4zy, you're stating you're lazy yet making a FAQ?" Yes, yes I am and here's why: I am sitting in help chat seeing a lot of repeat questions, and by no means are they bad questions, but its the same thing every day. SO, I am making this forums post as an editable document to assist with the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

Please feel free to give feedback and more questions/answers I may have missed, or PM me so I can add them to this post officially.

To start here is the RuneX Guide Index:

https://runex.io/forums/index.php?/topic/9997-official-runex-guide-index/ 

First Question: What should I do to start?

There are many avenues that people will take to start their adventure through RuneX, with a variety of different game modes and with ironman included in this there will be varying advice across the community. I personally do not play many special type accounts (lvl 3 skillers, ironman, hcim, gim, pures) and here is my opinion on a great start of day 1 RuneX. Do your dailies and sell the rewards you can sell. It will make you money while leveling your account, no particular order although Rock crabs, Experiments, Slayer Thieving, Voting, Skilling Task, potentially even Barrows, Fiyr Shades and if you like wildy adventure do Ankous but be ware of pkers about! Also, grab a easy slayer task, it may be rock crabs.

https://runex.io/forums/index.php?/topic/14032-updated-runex-starter-guide/ 

This looks like a great guide that should be read!

Second Question: Where is XYZ?

This could be anything from an NPC to a Shop to a Slayer Monster:

Best thing I can do is a few screenshots and a link to the locations of all slayer monsters:

There are Trading Posts all over RuneX; here are a few:

::home

e70a0e701b8aed86675f093893b89281.png

::rc

4f3410befb9b4d09c7de7aa9ad140143.png

::gamble (don't be a naughty naughty boi) 

6ed37788c598267768a2635875435ad5.png

A Side Note to Trading Posts... anywhere there is a trading post, ::tpsitem (search item) and ::tpsuser (search username) work! 

The Slayer Master and Wildy Slayer Master are Both at home:

13456315d0b7cc897ac0528db732ca9f.png

dddce3d5c02e55a56876a0fe13b922d2.png

Along with the Skilling Task Master:

61a7ff7edab67cf759a3a91448dee46e.png

::shops Questions are usually skill capes and herblore secondaries:

b042f9ec706f164ea5cbbe52e8a0f21c.png

56a666a5befc4d4680002d15c499059a.png

Slayer Maps and Guide:
https://runex.io/forums/index.php?/topic/2594-slayer-guide-1-99/

Third Question: What are runecoins and are they tradeable?

Runecoins are a RuneX custom currency to do 2 things:

Runecoins give a “floor” price of an item. Runecoins are priced at 250k each currently giving an item worth 10 runecoins a value of 2.5m coins.

Runecoins also are a major item sink in the game keeping the economy fresh from a flood of items.

Runecoins themselves are not tradeable but items worth runecoins are tradeable. Runecoins are exchanged at the runecoin machine at ::rc

More questions:

Price Check on XYZ?

I’m sorry about this one, help chat is not the best option. You can check the current sell price, and the historic price of an item at any trading post across RuneX. Closest to teleports are ::rc and ::gamble

Who has a house with Prayer training altar/ Pools/ Lectern/ Fairy Ring?

Prayer training also takes a POH (player owned house) to do. That is okay as there are many people who have these (see as follows). There is no wildy altar on RuneX.

37557465303e0d87600df6d443e829b5.png

Currently the people I know with all of these things in their house, although they do have to be online when you would like to use these features are:  

L4zy, Debbieq, Goomba, Basil, Rawruwu, Con nor, Petty, Java, God

Although most of the higher rank donators usually have their house outfitted if it’s not an alt.

Pools are Elixirs; Elixirs are runex customs that give bonuses. The 4 elixirs given by a grand elixir/pool are:

Elixir of Luck: Gives Ring Of Wealth (i) effect {7.5% drop rate bonus and auto picks up coins)

Elixir of Greed: Gives 5% chance of double drops (Stacks with ring of greed, as otherwise this would read as gives ring of greed effect)

Elixir of Fortune: Gives 2x RuneX points

Elixir of Dragon: Protects from Dragonfire and gives 10% bonus damage to all monsters

All of these elixirs last for one hour and do not overlap, unless you drink another grand elixir or sip pool available.

The grand pool and individual pools are on separate 12 hour timers, meaning you could get 4 hours of these 4 elixirs for free just by visiting someone’s house!

Grand looks like:

dbb0b7d909723b40f52887ec6d9777f4.png

Individuals look like:

ecdfe532a8c8abd8489f94cf5a475a05.png

Lecterns are available to make tele-tabs for the wilderness (teleports from 30 or under instead of the normal 20 or under). You will need to bring to the lectern: soft clay, and the runes of the teleport spell you wish to cast (same as OSRS, just google it)

f81ecb45496d4769c2123ed2aa78deaa.png

Fairy Rings are available for use for one free Kharazi jungle and Nardah Pyramids Teleport per day. 

8d93fb570c3356681de70ea3729850f9.png

How do I make money?

I’m gonna say your first 1b is the hardest, and it gets easier with that. If you ask this multiple times, people are probably gonna troll and say donate money and sell the bond…

Best thing to start is do as many dailies as possible, being broke is basically like being a new player with the advantage of stats being in your favor, and hopefully a little bit of game knowledge and untradeables.

Just do what is fun to you, whether that’s bossing, or slayer and the money will come. Go to every Enormous Mole, with an epic luck token and a dbow or charged dfs (dragon fire sheild) (these items will guarantee you one damage for a drop).

What are Luck/Epic Luck Tokens, how are they obtained and where should I use mine?

Luck and Epic Luck tokens give 2/3x rolls on the drop table of the next monster you kill. Be very careful not to waste these on random monsters as there is no toggle, You either have and use or dont have.

They are both obtained from vote tickets, bag/sack/shining sack of tokens, raids, and task scrolls (iirc).

A great use of Epic Luck Tokens is E-Mole as you can get grand crest pieces. Another is Skotizo. Eventually when you have superior bosses unlocked, you will want to hold 5/10 vote tickets for luck tokens in your inventory for the chance of the boss spawning and wanting luck tokens. Zulrah could be a great use of both Epic and regular luck tokens, not only to achieve the first blowpipe but to grind the scales required to attach the scorpia chitin.

What is the BIS Gear Currently/Gear Progression List?

So currently there isn't a fully updated gear progression list, although between this link and the in game BIS gear guide it is pretty easy to get an idea of the progression.

https://runex.io/forums/index.php?/topic/11373-equipment-guide/

IN-GAME BIS Guide: 68cfbcc1522a127163977496f483a1bf.png

bb163c69af3b0dc3e07c4d9f338da0ac.png

Where is Mark of Grace/Trading Sticks/Sacred Token Store?

These stores are accessible by clicking on these items, it makes these stores accessible from anywhere in RuneX.

Where is E-mole?

Teleport to Giant Mole by using the Boss teleports, run south, and enter the cave. You can only enter the cave once the E-mole has been awakened by horn and kill or just by chance from killing giant mole. E-Mole pet gives higher chance of spawning E-mole while killing G-mole.

acac4167503666ae30ed41ee79b53af7.png

Where is E-Corp?

E-corp is accessible by a teleport  portal in the southern end of the corp cave. This boss is very powerful and will be able to 1 hit you. For that reason there is a 75 Achievement minimum to access this boss.

614a05212e8ce5ef989a6037baeb2357.png

Well, here’s a start to what I think can assist the RuneX community by lowering the confusion to this semi-custom private server. I hope you enjoy your adventure!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Really appreciate the effort you put into this post. Well put together with a lot of useful information for new players put in a concise manner.

• Like 1

Very lovely guide, looks very good. I recommend you to take the pictures with Gyazo, as with that tool you can post your pictures directly into the forum post instead of posting links for people to click on. 

Thank you for spending time helping the community!

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 5:07 PM, Espen said:

Very lovely guide, looks very good. I recommend you to take the pictures with Gyazo, as with that tool you can post your pictures directly into the forum post instead of posting links for people to click on. 

Thank you for spending time helping the community!

For whatever reason, I am struggling getting these images to post directly. I will be looking more into it very soon! Thanks for your feedback!

Edit: All Done! Looking forward to more questions to be added!

Edited by not l4zy

Decent guide

I'd suggest changing the color of each section to spice it up.

Also, if you ctrl right click on pictures when making a post it brings up a menu for you to resize them.
rWdbVaD.png

which would definitely help with the size of some of your pics and should allow you to place a few of them side by side instead of stacked on top of eachother

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 5:44 PM, Smolmight said:

i greatly appreciate this guide. Thank you so much

You've warmed my heart, thank you!