Sign in to follow this  
not l4zy

Leagues has let me down

Okay, before you say "ahh you're just bashing ryan again..." no, Ryan was put in a tough spot and did his best to provide us with something to play.

But... it doesn't feel like runex to me, and many people I have talked to. There are two reasons why I personally think this situation could have been improved...

1) Promo/Grand Promo packages ruined the league within 5-10 minutes. Extremely reminiscent of the first few days of GIM where the p2w groups were then winning the competitions (...duh no shit). On the flip-side, this is a business for Ryan and that's how he's making a living.

2) Relics are literally built into runex as part of the game. Here's three to choose from: the boss perk tree, as maybe if it is marginally filled out to begin leagues it could give a major feel change to the game. Another could be a grand/golden looting bag right off the rip. Crestbearer/crestroot/fused serpentine helm also have a very unique feeling in runex, making it feel different than just osrs as a whole.

Again, this was a rush project due to a legitimate fire with the host, but if there were ever to be another runex league on purpose, I'd be more interested if I didnt feel like I was just playing osrs at a different pace.

All are welcome to comment, and be honest, are you enjoying leagues or do you just want your main back?

Personally I'm really enjoying the leagues event... I hadn't played runex for a long time, and the leagues brought me back to the game, I will definitely be starting a new ironman on the main-game once the leagues is over.

I'm really impressed by what they were able to achieve with the leagues in just a couple of days of work... makes me wonder how good a properly planned leagues would be.

And I do agree with you point about the grand promo packages thing, personally i think its unethical to pay-to-win a competition, but RuneX is a business after all and the promo packages made Ryan a lot of money...

@INT

Thanks for the response, I am happy to hear you are enjoying the leagues. I guess it just doesn't have that runex feel that I really enjoy (all the late game items and metas).