Sign in to follow this  
touched

Mage arena.

So awhile back I had a few players on discord talking about a mage arena update.
Some of the things that were brought up were...

-MA2 pets being changed to have a passive
-Update to the shop
-Reworking combat in the arena

So I'd like to spit ball some ideas.

For the mage arena 2 pets. I'd like to suggest we add a +5 max hit with god spells inside of the arena, while also giving each pet a unique passive while using their respective staffs.
-Sara would increases the smite cap from 1 to 3.

-Zammy would remove 10% of the magic level instead of 5%

-Guthix would remove 10% of the defence level instead of 5%

With these passives, I'd also like to include a +1 magic token drop.
So each pet would increases god spells in mage arena by 5, give a increased passive to the god spell, and add +1 token.
unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png
Now... I'd also like to include a pet "enchant" which would be 100%, it would cost all 3 pets, an imbuing stone, and 1 of each staff (i).
This pet would keep the current passive, but have a increase of +2 tokens for a total of +3 tokens.
It would be similar to the god cape, in the sense that you could change the pets appearance by right clicking it and picking the god of choice to represent. The pet would have a visual update to match the capes cosmetic features for that respective god.

As for updating the shop. I think we could stand to add a few items to the shop.
One of the things that bugs me... is infinity is actually useless outside of runecoins.
I'd like to propose adding the infinity sets from spk. unknown.pngunknown.png

These sets could be added a upgrade kits in the shop for a large amount of tokens.
They could buff infin stats orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

They could act as the runex cape in a sense, with how it copy's the stats of items that are used on it.
So you'd be able to use lets say ancestral top on the body to copy ancestral top, while having the dark mystic infinity set look.

As for the last big change. I'd like to propose changing how combat is locked to magic only in the arena. I'd like to introduce a to add more risk vs reward to the arena. 
If you are red skulled in the arena, you are able to use all 3 combat styles. But you can also be attacked with all 3 combat styles. 

So if player (A) is farming tokens in the arena, player (B) is only able to attack them with magic. But if player (B) decides to ::redskull, they are now able to use Melee/range as well. This comes at the cost of losing all the items you have on you, including pets. 
Player (A) can now fight back with both melee/range if they are attacking the redskull player.

Obviously the above statement is more of a "On the whim" type of change. 

Give me feedback and thoughts on stuff that could be added as well.

• Like 2