Sign in to follow this  
Cup Of Tea

❄️ The new rule changes ❄️

So as we all know there have been some changes to the rules and some more in dept explanations about them, wich is totally fine and understandable.

BUT good lord how do they get applied...

By the info I’ve seen myself it looks like rules get applied whenever they feel like it, nor does the staff team follow the same rules and exceptions.

I bet you’re wondering where this all came from, let me show you with some examples.

Example 1:

e9ddfQP.jpg

So this was stated directly by Raw.

What happend next, KYS was used against a player and received an official warning by another staff member... this is where I ask myself “communication loc?”

So it gets taken higher up to James:

sl827Yy.jpg

t6CRS1m.jpg

Here I can see that the KYS being allowed is getting reverted. And as you can see the person is asking if he can report ppl now if they say it to him.

wih the reply of James “it’s common sense whether to use it or not, a mute will be depending on the report”. I mean it’s either allowed or not, you don’t make it to chose a staff members opinion to allow it or not cus than it will be a mute whenever they feel like it so that’s where bias can come into play. Make your rules clear and make them apply for everyone without making exceptions.

Example 2: 

dAMvxJG.jpg

0 action was taken for this, this is one of the many reports I’ve made, if you make the rules u also should apply them to everyone.

47NrPPo.jpg

Ive seen James talk with the guy at Drayer about it, idk whether he got muted for it or not but I thought there was a 0 tolerance for this, if he did get muted for it all good.

the main concern here is that it looks like rules are being applied whenever a staff member feels like it and we all know that whether it’s a new player or an older player they have a good or bad relationship with over all the playtime they know each other a mute will be applied faster to one an other.

So please make all rules loud & clear and communicate with each other when u make rules & exceptions that are allowed so that one doesn’t say it’s allowed and the other warns/mutes you for it.

Kind regards

K N Cup

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Seems really weird that rules are getting changed and it seems that some staff members aren't even aware rules were changed?

If I remember correctly there is a section in the staff chat discord for discussion on potential rule changes.

I feel like staff should probably all get together and be online around the same time and discuss what rules were changed and how to enforce them, so everyone is on the same page.

Then put forth a forum thread explaining the rule changes and how they will be enforced since its sorta just a toss up at this point,

Before this new rule of "no pk banter in yell chat" alpha rye was enforcing the rule for about a week without it being mentioned anywhere in rules which is odd..

There was also a giveaway hosted by a staff member for whomever roasted him the best and as far as we are aware it was never paid out
ZChbp9r.jpeg

Edited by RogueMX
mispelled something

Thanks for making this thread, I'll reply to the best of my ability to answer whatever queries you've stated above.

I should probably go from the top and explain why we considered changing the rules in the first place, and how we came to these decisions.

We have been taking a look at some prior punishments, and realised that as a staff team we were becoming very very strict when it came to certain terms. (KYS is just an example) We decided that it might be in our interest that maybe giving a little bit more leniency when it came to saying these terms may help us out in the long run when it comes to keeping some newer players that have come from more toxic RSPS's to RuneX where as some of you know from experience, we're very strict when it comes to racist remarks, or even players outright flaming people for no reason, or after being pk'd and getting flamed for killing someone in the wilderness.

We thought that we'd try a change, and in the long run, it ended up making people think that the phrases were just all of a sudden allowed to be said.

As we have seen ourselves, a long time player was told by our staff member that we'll no longer be muting for the phrase KYS. Not even 2 hours later, he was reported for using the phrase twice in two separate situations. This came down to my own negligence and was my fault as I was asked in private and gave an answer that was very blatant and very short. Which then resulted in the staff member saying that the KYS phrase was no longer going to be a mutable offence; This was not supposed to be the case at all - To clear this up, if caught using the phrase KYS, you will be warned. On the second offence, it will be a mute (Duration at the discretion of the punishing staff member and prior punishments. If said player has prior mutes, a warning will not be offered and A mute will be put in it's place.) - Hopefully this will resolve any confusion.

When we change our rules we try to change them and make sure that everyone is in the loop, but sadly it's not always perfect - I will be spending some time on working out a way to make sure that all of our rule changes will be made known to the staff team.

I'll also go ahead and mention that from now if anyone is to report someone via the forums, we will now be responding with the punishment(s) that we have handed out to the potential rule breaker(s). To add to this, we will now only be replying to reports that are made via the forums, unless the reports that are given to us in PM's are high priority flaming, such as racism, DDoS threats, DoXing. This is due to the staff teams PM's have recently been flooded with reports that are just a complete waste of our time.

This does not change the bug report procedure, if you find a bug that could potentially be gamebreaking, please let a staff member know.

--------

I understand that you reported someone, and I did notice that you teleported to where I was talking to said person, just to see if you could get a laugh out of the person getting punished, at least that's what it looked like, you wouldn't teleport randomly to where I was if you weren't - The player even apologised to you and your just blatantly ignored it aswell.

I'll actually explain this situation for you, so you can understand what we have to deal with when you send us screenshots such as the one you sent.

He said that he never said that when you said he did. Espen had to put in a log check to see when that message he sent, was actually sent. I went to the player after Espen to see if I could get more out of him, because like you said. We don't tolerate that stuff. I understand that yourself and whoever else can have this stance that dislike the staff team but you need to understand, we're here for the good of the server.

Are we strict? Yeah.
Are we going to stay being strict? I believe we have too.
Do I think it could work being less strict? I wished it did, but I was proven wrong.

It is what it is.

--------

Rogue I appreciate your comments towards how we're "supposed" to work as a staff team, everything was done through the proper channels (Apart from my mistake about the KYS phrase) but as everyone knows, timezones, and sleeping patterns can sadly displace all of those procedures. There is always something being spoken about in the staff discord, and sometimes things can be missed. It's not unheard of to miss something, sadly.

As for the report on Alpha Rye, I'll happily submit a log check to get the chat logs to see what was said by Alpha, but you should probably make an actual report before I go ahead and do this.

--------

We will be reviewing the rules again in a few days to see how the new rules fair in our community.

I hope this message answers your questions or settles your confusion.

2 minutes ago, James said:

As for the report on Alpha Rye, I'll happily submit a log check to get the chat logs to see what was said by Alpha, but you should probably make an actual report before I go ahead and do this.

--------

We will be reviewing the rules again in a few days to see how the new rules fair in our community.

I hope this message answers your questions or settles your confusion.

I can submit a report for sure, but if i remember correctly you were in game when alpha had said this as well. and you even said "whatever happened at the roast wasnt reportable unless it was racist"

93PGVjc.jpg

Log check could probably be used to see if he clarified more on this giveaway