Sign in to follow this  
Gim charm

Harassment/ragging for pay

First off let me apologize for bad screenshots, recently switched to linux and learning to use it. With that out of the way I'd like to suggest some sort of rag timer or to stop allowing players to harass and exploit other players through "ragging". I'm not talking about pking in general, but specifically "ragging". It's been an issue for some time now and I've noticed it hasn't been addressed. Prime example is "inept", he has any item he could ever want and is loaded on cash. Yet he will harass players repeatedly over a span of several hours with no intent to pk the said players. As for the majority of playerbase, they have no way to prevent it or even have a chance of anti pking due to camping intrinsic divine which to my knowledge has no counter. In the last week alone I can name 5 people who have been ragged in this manner for several hours. I'd like to see something done about this, it's not only annoying but it prevents certain activities from being done and isnt a good look for the server for new players coming into the game. I will post a few screenshots. Have more if needed and can get one once every 5 mins or so it's that common. Screenshots here: http://imgur.com/gallery/ZfTDrDx

• Like 4

+1 the majority of servers i have played dont even allow ragging but the fact that theres no rule and players can freely harass and then ask for gp for off is absurd. Seen new players flat out quit when it happened to them. At least make a rule that you cant rag then ask for payment for off

+1 i fully support this, ragging should be a bannable offence and this is coming from someone who pk's themselves. The pvp mechanics in runex are severly flawed and does not leave a lot of room for people to be able to 1 anti pk and 2 tank in any multi scenario , the camping of intrinsic divines has gotten out of hand, I have clips of being "ragged" and told i need to pay for off in order to do any wildy pvm because of the fact i will fight back so i have personally experienced being ragged out of an area with 0 chance of being able to pk the person ragging me because of intrinsic divines and simply broken pvp sets. and above all the amount of toxicity that the group presents is wayy past pk banter its is borderline harassment.  I strongly believe this issue needs to be address in order for runex to succeed if you havent noticed we have the lowest number of people doing this event that i have seen in 4 years and a big part of this is the absolute toxicity in the runex community right now.

Well, for one, ragging is only applicable to Pker vs Pker. Not someone PvMing. 
A standard ragging definition is using low tier gear (rags) to stop another person from Pking. 

Now that that's out of the way, there are several things you can do to alleviate your issues in the wilderness when it comes to being attacked constantly by player(s). 

• Don't go back to the same spot you were at when you died. This makes you a target for a person or their team if they're there.
• Don't be predictable. If you get a drop somewhere and try to escape, don't go the route someone would expect you to go. 
• Fight back. There might not be many counters to a divine/intrinsic divine but you can fight back. (we'll try and get some ideas going in suggestion squad for divine/intrinsic divine/ely counters)
• Get a team together to take their team out. Realistically, the pkers on Runex are a minority. There aren't a lot of Pkers to PvMers on the server. If a good majority of you get together and coordinate you can easily take the wilderness for yourselves. 

We may have a feature introduced to the game similarly to Spk's "rag list" in the future but I'm not sure if that will happen if I'm honest. 

I've given quite a bit here that you could use to protect yourself when it comes to the wilderness. There are probably other things you can do as well but these are just some examples of how you can help yourself when it comes to Wilderness content.

Hello @Gim charm.

I have read though your reasoning for such a rule, and I'm going to take this to Ramzi and Ryan and discuss this situation with them and make a decision on whether to add a ragging rule (Even though technically what they're doing isn't ragging, It is just easier to explain that way.

However, what Raw said hit the nail on the head. There is multiple things you can do to combat this, everything is listed there.

I'll keep this thread updated with any decisions that myself, the staff team or the owners make on this suggestion.

Thanks.

-1 The wilderness is the only area where this is possible, dont enter wilderness if you do not want to get attacked.

all i'm reading here is 'please dont allow pking i want safe wildy pvming".

This is legit the dumbest thing that could happen for pvp with that "rag list', just get good or die trying.

If the rag list shit gets added might aswell making pking bannable & delete every pvp weapon.

Okay

#1 - with what Inept uses whilst camping intrinsic divine, he is counterable.

#2 - you’ve already paid for an off in the past, so by the time he comes again, you bet your ass your going to be asked to pay for an off. 

#3 - As raw states, don’t go back right away, but I know for a fact that you do as I camped you out the other day at cursed caverns and guess what, you started flaming.

#4 - if you don’t want to get bolted every minute for the next week, then don’t start flaming, calling people pussies etc. You bring it on yourself.

I mean, if inept wished to kill you instead, he’d camp your ass out everywhere you go and kill you. Regardless.

Then is it “Ragging”? No!

Good luck on your future endeavours in the wilderness.

😘

Edited by Drugs

Thank you Raw, and James. I'm not asking specifically for an anti "ragging" rule, there are a few issues in game that make things more difficult/annoying to deal with pkers. (I.e. rev cave shortcuts with auto retaliate on, and there not being any item  to reduce divine effect.) Wilderness has a few oddities atm that should be looked into in my personal opinion. Now to address your reply Drugs I dont flame, cry or complain when being pked and am always respectful until disrespected. (Plenty of people who've killed me could confirm that)  You have your info wrong, I was called a "pussy" to which I replied with "faggot". Replying to a insult isn't flaming. And cup thank you for your input but perhaps I should have worded the post differently. I know as well as other wildy is dangerous and personally dont want a rag list for it would kill pking entirely. Thanks to everyone who's read this post and replied with their opinions. 

3 hours ago, Gim charm said:

Now to address your reply Drugs I dont flame, cry or complain when being pked and am always respectful until disrespected.

Well that’s a lie because you became toxic as hell a few days ago in cursed caverns when I camped you out at lava drags & when I got someone to come and tb you cos I cba switching loadout, you started messaging me and flaming in my pm’s.

Unless it was your nan that was logged in?

Edited by Drugs

10 hours ago, Drugs said:

Well that’s a lie because you became toxic as hell a few days ago in cursed caverns when I camped you out at lava drags & when I got someone to come and tb you cos I cba switching loadout, you started messaging me and flaming in my pm’s.

- This is a suggestion post not for you to act childish on it, whether or not someone was toxic honestly shouldn’t be brought up in this discussion.

On 12/14/2020 at 10:56 AM, James said:

Hello @Gim charm.

I have read though your reasoning for such a rule, and I'm going to take this to Ramzi and Ryan and discuss this situation with them and make a decision on whether to add a ragging rule (Even though technically what they're doing isn't ragging, It is just easier to explain that way.

However, what Raw said hit the nail on the head. There is multiple things you can do to combat this, everything is listed there.

I'll keep this thread updated with any decisions that myself, the staff team or the owners make on this suggestion.

Thanks.

-What James and Raw stated is correct. 

- Ragging is mainly through pkers preventing another pker from participating in wilderness activities.

And by the looks of it majorly of the negative support is the pkers who are commonly asking for money to “remain off” a player for a set amount of time, as petty as it is it’s still the wilderness if it’s a continuous harassment and you keep going to a different spot and still receive the same thing I can understand a small role being possibly implemented. Apart from that I’d just listen to what Raw said and some of it is quite common sense.

8 hours ago, Vise said:

And by the looks of it majorly of the negative support is the pkers who are commonly asking for money to “remain off”

So obviously you don’t know what’s what, the only person that’s done that was Inept, and if you read his reply to the post, I’m pretty sure you’ll find that he gave it a +1, 

& in regards to 

8 hours ago, Vise said:

This is a suggestion post not for you to act childish on it, whether or not someone was toxic honestly shouldn’t be brought up in this discussion.

It was brought up about his toxicity, as though if he wants to be toxic, he’s going to get camped, regardless.. he was given the reason why he gets camped.. the only “childish” thing I had said was 

8 hours ago, Vise said:

Not the whole entirety of what I said.