Iron Logic

Future Runex Updates

Hey everyone, 

I wanted to start a discussion within the community around the future of new content updates for Runex. As a heavily OSRS inspired server with a focus on custom items, our players generally feast for new end-game content with new BIS gear and weapons to grind for. Unfortunately, this isn't the style of updates that can be maintained, as increasing the level of end-game gear has detrimental effects on earlier game content, and creates an oversaturation of gear and weapons that is incredibly hard to balance, leaving a lot of content to fall out of favour for the newer content. 

It seems that we tried a bit of an experiment when it came to Nightmares signature drops, instead of inquisitor being the new BiS, we gave it a niche BiS area, as well as decentish stats. I think this approach to new content is a positive shift, though not without its short comings. 

I ask the community to give their thoughts on this style of new content, and how we can adjust some things to make it even better in your eyes. 

I would also love to hear the types of new content that our community would like us to focus on.

My favourite kind of content right now is anything that our end-game community can take part in and enjoy, without the need for BiS style rewards. Thing like a Rise of The Six barrows expansion, a new team or solo based barrows experience aimed at mid to late game players who want a bit of a challenge while going for their 500 barrows achievement or collection log. 

Any feedback on this post will be discussed among the suggestion squad, staff and development teams, and no feedback is incorrect. 

Thank you.

• Like 1

I think the only reason end gamers would do content that doesn’t reward bis gear is for when it gives perks completing it, like barbarian training

• Thanks 1

I find the idea of adding gear that isn't necessarily an all around upgrade over current BiS, instead being upgrades for certain niches to allow for more varied gear loadouts, to be a good one. I like when the meta gets shaken up a bit without being fully disrupted by something new. Its the same as it was, with a bit more flexibility.

In my opinion, it is also quite fun to be able to grind trophy rewards aswell - such as pets, wearables (or overrides like the partyhat from rc store) , maybe even dyes to end game gear - tbow, scythe etc (dyes like barrows, shadow etc from rs3)

Only my opinion...