tranquil

Corpethereal Spawn Idea

It is difficult to get players to join a corp mass. Even harder to get people to stay long enough to spawn a corpethereal.

Corpethereal horn is currently locked behind the $5,000 donator wall. 

Basically, not a lot of corpethereal beast are spawning. I would say most spawns come from Secret blowing a horn. 

I'd like to suggest a coffer being placed outside the corp room.  All account types and game mode can contribute any amount to the coffer. Once 5b cash has been deposited into the coffer a corpethereal will spawn. This is a great cash sink and one more way to spawn a corpethereal that wont be too op in the number of spawns. 

Also, add a bell inside corp room. This can be used every 15 minutes to send a server message letting other players know that corporeal beast mass is active. "Tranquil has rang the corpethereal bell! Assist him in awakening the Corpethereal at the corporeal beast mass!" or similar. 

Finally, killing corp should be the primary way that a corpethereal spawns. But its just not realistic at the moment. Please increase the spawn rate of corpethereal from corp beast kills. thank you! :) 

Edited by tranquil
  • Like 2

Just started doing ecorps the other day and wish I would of started way sooner. Lots of fun and a fair chance at great loot, would love to see them spawn more.

Edited by Stay Supreme
  • Like 1

I like really like this idea.

Maybe have a cooldown  similar to the horn.

Something like a 2 hour cooldown on the coffer after Corp The Real has been defeated. 

That way we aren't just spawning Real Bois back to back to back to back.

• Like 1

This would be neat if we had something similar for all horns, like a random horn generator when it reaches a threshold like 2b or something it'll automatically use one of the horns 

• Like 1

There must be some type of counter to this, possibly a 33% chance of Ecorp spawning? 5B a roll seems fair. A cooldown would be even better like @RogueMX suggested.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RogueMX said:

I like really like this idea.

Maybe have a cooldown  similar to the horn.

Something like a 2 hour cooldown on the coffer after Corp The Real has been defeated. 

That way we aren't just spawning Real Bois back to back to back to back.

I was thinking this when I made the post. Should have a cool down, 2 hours seems fair.

1 hour ago, Java said:

There must be some type of counter to this, possibly a 33% chance of Ecorp spawning? 5B a roll seems fair. A cooldown would be even better like @RogueMX suggested.

If there was a chance it was going to fail we would just be sat with more dead content imo. because nobody would throw cash at that. Average of 15b to spawn a corp via the coffer is going to put us back into unrealistic territory. 5b seems reasonable id think and is something that would be reached via many players contributions. Even a wealthy player will not be able to afford just dumping 5b to spawn a corp very often by themselves. This wouldnt be something that could really bring an unreasonable amount of spawns into game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tranquil said:

If there was a chance it was going to fail we would just be sat with more dead content imo. because nobody would throw cash at that. Average of 15b to spawn a corp via the coffer is going to put us back into unrealistic territory. 5b seems reasonable id think and is something that would be reached via many players contributions. Even a wealthy player will not be able to afford just dumping 5b to spawn a corp very often by themselves. This wouldnt be something that could really bring an unreasonable amount of spawns into game. 

I'm just not a huge fan of guarantees. If it were this easy for 20 people to each dump 250M into a coffer then it really devalues any Mythic from actually spending 2-3 hours collecting 50k tokens for just 1 horn. I can easily see 250M being obtained multiple ways fairly quickly, especially with end-game players and their methods.

Say 6 coffer pulls + 2 Ecorp horns (if we're lucky) are happening each day and 40 people are killing Ecorp each time.. that's 320 rolls per day on the Ecorp table. We will see a huge influx of Ecorp pets, etc. coming ingame if this were ever implemented. There have only been 6 Ecorp pets ingame since Ecorp's release and I think that's a perfect rate.

We must have some sort of counter to prevent this from becoming too easy.

• Like 1

Was talking about it with Bind, and a low cooldown might not be the best as it fully devalues horns farmed in Mythic zone.

After thinking about it a bit more, possibly a guaranteed Ecorp spawn every 12 hours if the coffer value goal has been reached.

2 Ecorp spawns a day through coffer would still maintain market for Ecorp horns. 

Wouldn't be bringing in huge amount of intrinsic shards to completely destroy the market.

And it being every 12 hours would allow US and non US players a chance at being online for it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RogueMX said:

Was talking about it with Bind, and a low cooldown might not be the best as it fully devalues horns farmed in Mythic zone.

After thinking about it a bit more, possibly a guaranteed Ecorp spawn every 12 hours if the coffer value goal has been reached.

2 Ecorp spawns a day through coffer would still maintain market for Ecorp horns. 

Wouldn't be bringing in huge amount of intrinsic shards to completely destroy the market.

And it being every 12 hours would allow US and non US players a chance at being online for it.

This seems like a reasonable compromise. 

I really like the idea of a money sink, the game needs more off it tbh. 
The horn being locked behind a 5,000$ paywall is fair seeing the emole horn is behind 2,500$ paywall.

+1 from me :3

• Like 1

I support this as it is an amazing cash sink, which is something we need more of.

I don't really see too much of an issue when it comes to over abundance of ECorp drops as the shields aren't exactly something that is essential to the end-game, though the pet is a little OP. 

Also players would struggle back in the day to scrape together a few 100m to get Emole going, so a price tag of 5B isn't something that's going to get hit every time, especially after the hype dies down a little. 

• Like 1

So i've heard about this ecorp horn post. My thought to it, it would devalue Mythic zone.

But i had something in mind to fix this (with a money sink into it aswell)

Lets say theres a chest where ppl donate plat tokens into that could go upto max cash. BUT mythic players could store horns into it to activate the ecorp horn and get 60% of the cash for one horn cost.

For example: current community cash stored 10b, and one horn activation goes for 5B.

If there was no horn blown for 12hrs, there goes 5b out of the chest and horn will be blown.

If any mythic (or multiple) mythic player comes along and puts a horn into the chest (multiple can be stored) the horn will be blown and the person receives 3B cash, and 2b goes into the sink.

If multiple players have horns stored into the chest, a random person will be picked who's horn will be consumed & receives the cash.

If there is 10b cash in the store and multiple horns, the horn will be consumed every hour as the cooldown is already stated at 1hr till either the cash has run out, or the horns.

This way we keep mythic zone alive and there will also be a guaranteed money sink of either 2b or 5b.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cup Of Tea said:

So i've heard about this ecorp horn post. My thought to it, it would devalue Mythic zone.

Lets say theres a chest where ppl donate plat tokens into that could go upto max cash. BUT mythic players could store horns into it to activate the ecorp horn and get 60% of the cash for one horn cost.

For example: current community cash stored 10b, and one horn activation goes for 5B.

If there was no horn blown for 12hrs, there goes 5b out of the chest and horn will be blown.

If any mythic (or multiple) mythic player comes along and puts a horn into the chest (multiple can be stored) the horn will be blown and the person receives 3B cash, and 2b goes into the sink.

If multiple players have horns stored into the chest, a random person will be picked who's horn will be consumed & receives the cash.

If there is 10b cash in the store and multiple horns, the horn will be consumed every hour as the cooldown is already stated at 1hr till either the cash has run out, or the horns.

This way we keep mythic zone alive and there will also be a guaranteed money sink of either 2b or 5b.

I actually really like this idea.

It includes a cash sink, allows multiple horns to be used through the coffer daily as long as horns are stored.

But still gives the 12 hour guaranteed horn spawn if no horns have been put into the coffer and keeps the 5b cash sink

We get loads of people in yell/help cc asking if anyone wants to "split" a horn. With your suggestion it makes it WAAAAY easier for multiple people to split a single horn.

This also makes the Horn have a completely stable price in the market.

As Mythic donors could sell them for 3b on TP or simply put them in the Coffer and still profit 3b.

Very nice addition to the thread Cup

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cup Of Tea said:

Love this idea and think it plays as a great cash-sink and actually benefits Mythics greatly!

I will say though, if 1 Mythic has 20 horns ready to put into this chest then it shouldn't change your odds of another Mythic only putting 1 horn into the chest, rolls should be strictly random and have no odds in favour of one having more than the other.

Maybe we can also have an Emole Chest of sorts playing this exact way? Sponsors will actually start using the zone indefinitely.

7 hours ago, Cup Of Tea said:

Only if you let ironmen get the cash as well.

9 hours ago, Abortion said:

Only if you let ironmen get the cash as well.

no, cus you are an ironman, if u want that u drop the horn to your main.

I heavily +1 any ideas to gain more ecorps. The spawn rate is ridiculous as it is.
But I don't think 5b cash is the way to go. Like that just seems way too easy to obtain.

An item sink I would find more interesting, and it being corp related.
Players can offer spirit shields to a coffin instead. Arcane/spectral give 1 point, elysian/corp pet 5 and divine 15. When 45 points are reached it'll spawn an ecorp.
I think theres a heavy influx of spirit shields as it is, and its basically RC fodder. This would bring some nice balance to it as far as im concerned. 

It'd at the same time make players do a bit more corp to gain the sigils along the way in turn increasing spawn odds as well. I don't think it'd be good if one ecorp spawned after another.