grim wrapper

Last Man Standing

This is something that I have wanted for a very long time. And with my reasoning and explanation, hopefully, I can make you feel the same. 

Starting off, the whole idea of Last Man Standing is for people to enjoy the aspect of PVP on RuneX without actually risking anything. This will also serve as PVP practice for people going for 50 killstreaks for their achievement. I am 100% sure everyone will give it a test. And since this is a PVM server, the PKing skill gap is very small with all the good Pkers being countable with the fingers on my hand. Each game will need a minimum of 5 players to start and having 1 game mode with a reward of LMS points. 

To keep this game mode alive, there needs to be a reward that is a must. For example, an item that buffs a commonly used weapon. Or, an item that boosts your luck bonus against bosses in general. Making the LMS points a physical buyable item from the shop is an iffy subject because I won't know for sure how it will affect the activity of the Minigame. Also, add a collection log for the hell of it. This way, all types of players are motivated to play. Please make the shop useful. I can't think of all the items myself please help me out developers. 

Edited by grim wrapper
  • Like 1

I'm all for LMS. My only concern is.. what would the rewards be? If we can find a balance in the rewards, I think LMS would be a great fit for the server.

My thoughts on rewards would be PVP based rewards, as well as some cosmetic items. 

Something similar to a upgrade-able cape/hat or even a icon that shows off how many wins you have. The visuals would change with 1-10-25-50-100-500-1k.

The reward shop could have upgrades to things like...

-looting bag(Would be similar to grand looting bag, but only for pvp kills).

-Rune pouch upgrade. You could add 1 additional rune to your current "Runecoin" runepouch. So for example, You could add (X) Air runes to the Cata pouch to be able to cast spells that cost air runes.

-A new samurai dye color.

-Staff of balance

-Cursed halo - Could be similar to infernal halo stats, while also giving you a boost in blood money per kill, as well as hunter honours passive giving +3 max hits.

-Ancient ward(SPK item) It acts as both ancient wyvern shield and dragonfire ward in stats.

I personally would like for the rewards to be based around PVP due to it being a PVP based minigame. None of the rewards should "Force" players into playing the minigame, but encourage them.

+1

Honestly, I completely agree. But, I feel that its vital to make it an achievement with a collection log to keep the game active. Let me know what you think.  All of the item suggestions sound amazing and I would support them. And I agree 100% with the idea that the rewards should be tied to PVP. But maybe it can also contribute to wildly slayer. Let me know what you think. @Bind

Reading this suggestion gives me the idea that people want this in game, however I do have somethings to say beforehand.

I'd be completely happy to introduce Last Man Standing into RuneX, aswell as other PvP content, specially with the idea of bringing PKing to life here, as in the RSPS community PKing is a huuuge factor that people search for.

However.

I believe that we currently need to work on some of the combat mechanics on RuneX to match our sister server SpawnPK. The combat mechanics are being worked on there all the time and makes things alot easier and smoother to play, but on RuneX we're yet to recieve these updates/fixes.

I'll be pushing for these combat fixes when it come to PvP, and as soon as we get them ported over from SPK when they've been "polished up", I'll be at the front of the line asking to get some PvP based activities, Including: LMS, Bounty Hunter and Castle Wars.

So, TL;DR, I'll happily +1 this idea, as soon as we get our combat system fully working for PvP.

Thanks for your suggestion @grim wrapper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, James said:

believe that we currently need to work on some of the combat mechanics on RuneX to match our sister server SpawnPK. The combat mechanics are being worked on there all the time and makes things alot easier and smoother to play, but on RuneX we're yet to recieve these updates/fixes.

I completely agree with you when it comes to the combat bugs on RuneX. I appreciate your insight. 👍

• Like 1