Bread Panda

Abyssal Sire Guide

Abyssal Sire is imo not a very complex boss, just requires a certain level of attention.

I've found two decent methods of killing the boss, firstly being ranged and second being a full mage setup using Shadow Barrage(Thanks Roguemx)

If you don't like written guides, I'll include a Ranged kill here, and a Mage kill here.

The two setup choices are Chinning the spawns with soulsplit or Shadow barraging with blood barrage for healing off the spawns if you need it.

q4WC.pnggOQ.png

Notes about the Mage method.

Spoiler

With my gear being ahrims aotd(t) etc, I can't recommend the mage method as the kills were wildly inconsistent, my best kill I used as the example but I had kills that went as bad as a 4:12 kill time.

if you had gear better than ahrims and probably a Tome of Shadows then I think mage would be a good/better method than ranged, but without the damage amps to shadow barrage it was just lackluster while Karils and ranged was very consistent.

With all the better gear mentioned you could probably kill the Respiratory Systems without ranged also, but I tried 12 times with blood barrage and the closest I got before the Tentacles woke up was the third dying.

These are my preferred setups for what I have available to me, blowpipe/zbow would both be better than Karils, sub in upgrades if you have them.

All kills start the same, running up to the Sire and Shadow Barraging it twice to disable the Tentacles guarding the Respiratory Systems, splashing or not splashing will work fine.

After you disable the tentacles and kill all 4 Respiratory Systems, the sire will climb down and hit you with what I've found to be typeless melee hits, I couldn't pray against them so I just soulsplit through it.

At 250HP the Sire will walk to the middle of the first two tentacles and summon the Spawns, during this a poison puddle will spawn under you every ~10 ticks, just walk one tile out of it and keep killing the spawns.

After the spawns die and you've hit sire down to 150HP he'll summon a second round of spawns, deal with them the same and finish off the boss.

Overall he's not a bad boss, just has lackluster drops unless you're an Iron, then the cannonballs are nice.

My discord is Scott#4715 and my IGN's are Bread Panda for my main and Fubuki for my GIM, I'll answer any questions you have there or in the replies, happy col log hunting!

Edited by Bread Panda
Mage method.
  • Thanks 1

Great guide!

You should add a mage variant for killing sire, as he's weak to shadow based attacks so shadow barrage absolutely trucks 

8 hours ago, RogueMX said:

he's weak to shadow based attacks so shadow barrage absolutely trucks 

I don't have shadow tome but I will do an hour or so with that method today too and edit the post with a setup and kill for it, ty!