Sign in to follow this  
Smaug

📋 GIM Questions & Answers? Find them here! 📋

In the wake of the recent GIM Update comes with many questions not only me, but many of the community may have for the recent addition. This thread should provide a foundation for any concerns or discussion needed.

I have created this thread for all Staff Members, Suggestion Squad, Developers to respond to any and all questions made by the community to this new version of Ironman. Players may find it convenient to find answers here rather than spamming the same question over in-game.

I would treat this thread as a Q&A.

@Nate @Ryan @James @Raw @Mictain @Abigail @Huff @Humpy @Beedle 

@Iron Logic @Basil @touched @TravisCruz @Solo

GIM QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:

Can a GIM with a donator rank transfer their donator status to someone on their team?

Answer: You are unable to transfer donation ranks.

What happens if a GIM team member takes items from the vault, then tries to "sell" the item?

Answer: You can not leave your GIM team once you join it and you are unable to de-iron which prevents this from happening. Any GIM caught stealing from a vault and trying to drop trade these items may lead to a UID ban depending on the situation.

Is there a Hiscores for GIM teams?

Answer: Not yet.

Can I transfer my donation status from GIM to my HCIM/Ironman/Main/GIM?

Answer: Sadly, were not allowing transfers between accounts when it comes to group ironman.

Can I change my name on my GIM after i've made it?

Answer: You are not able to change your name on your group ironman, as of yet. When I hear of this has changed, this thread will be the first to change.

Can I leave the team I am in and join another GIM team?

Answer: Sadly, this is not allowed. This was put in place to stop people scamming teams.

How do I claim my rewards from completing a contest first, and can i use it on my main/otherGIM/HCIM/UIM/Ironman?

Answer: James, Ramzi and Ryan will be taking a note of all the people that have completed these goals and we will be adding using bonds on those accounts as their prize at the end of the week (Sunday, delays may happen). This means that you aren't able to claim the bonds on another account. When you reach a goal first, the bond prize is only claimed on the account you won on, however you are free to share the bonds with your GIM team.

to be continued...

Edited by Smaug
  • Like 1

You can't transfer donator status to other people.

You can not leave your GIM group once you join it, and you can not de-iron as a GIM account. So this should prevent that from happening.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

the fact that you cant leave your group ironman team  is ridiculous and stupid tbh what do we do when someone quits or doesnt play like they should be expected to ? we are stuck with a full team with  a player who abandoned the team 

8 hours ago, group smotch said:

the fact that you cant leave your group ironman team  is ridiculous and stupid tbh what do we do when someone quits or doesnt play like they should be expected to ? we are stuck with a full team with  a player who abandoned the team 

We will be removing inactive players if the group votes to do so in the future.

This is to prevent a lot of bad things that some people could do to the group vault.

If you would take your time and Read the updates and announcements, then you would know this information.

Hello @Smaug.

Thanks for making this thread, I'm going to be putting some F.A.Qs with answers, up here soon, which you're more than welcome to add to your post and take credit.

We appreciate anyone that needs to answer any questions and when there is questions we can't answer, myself and the staff team will do what we can do get an answer from Ryan.

F.A.Q

Can I transfer my donation status from GIM to my HCIM/Ironman/Main/GIM?

Sadly, were not allowing transfers between accounts when it comes to group ironman.

Can I change my name on my GIM after i've made it?

You are not able to change your name on your group ironman, as of yet. When I hear of this has changed, this thread will be the first to change.

Can I leave the team I am in and join another GIM team?

Sadly, this is not allowed. This was put in place to stop people scamming teams.

How do I claim my rewards from completing a contest first, and can i use it on my main/otherGIM/HCIM/UIM/Ironman?

Myself, Ramzi and Ryan will be taking a note of all the people that have completed these goals and we will be adding using bonds on those accounts as their prize at the end of the week (Sunday, delays may happen). This means that you aren't able to claim the bonds on another account. When you reach a goal first, the bond prize is only claimed on the account you won on, however you are free to share the bonds with your GIM team.

Example: Myself, Ramzi and Ryan are in a team, I can choose to give my bond to Ramzi.

I will be adding more questions and answers to this as and when I'm asked them.

Hope this somewhat helps.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, James said:

When you reach a goal first, the bond prize is only claimed on the account you won on, however you are free to share the bonds with your GIM team.

This is confusing, so if someone gets the first say 200m, for supreme, that account gets 5x $75 bonds? Or is it just one.

Just now, Beck said:

This is confusing, so if someone gets the first say 200m, for supreme, that account gets 5x $75 bonds? Or is it just one.

The group that player is in will receive 1 $75 bond each, however you can gift your $75 bond to another one of your teammates. If you wished too.

Just now, James said:

The group that player is in will receive 1 $75 bond each, however you can gift your $75 bond to another one of your teammates. If you wished too.

So it's 1 bond per team per achievement? It says in game it's for each member. And the initial appeal was that all our progress would benefit everyone. 

46 minutes ago, James said:

Hello @Smaug.

Hope this somewhat helps.

Thank you @James for taking the time out of your day to produce these Q & A's! I hope more follow that path too. 

❤️ 

I'll explain it.

When you win one of the contests, example:

Being first person to get 200M Farming on a supreme account.

The prize is 1 $75 per person in that group.
So technically yes, you'll get 5 x $75, one for each of your team members.

• Like 1

Just now, James said:

I'll explain it.

When you win one of the contests, example:

Being first person to get 200M Farming on a supreme account.

The prize is 1 $75 per person in that group.
So technically yes, you'll get 5 x $75, one for each of your team members.

Okay thank you, was confused on the wording you used

52 minutes ago, James said:

the bond prize is only claimed on the account you won on, however you are free to share the bonds with your GIM team.

I can understand that this line alone can be pretty confusing, however if you pair it with the in-game messages where it says that your whole group gains a bond, it should of added up.

Apologies either way if there was any confusion.