Sign in to follow this  
Smaug

Kharazi Minigame

With the Kharazi Minigame being discussed recently I do want to touch on a few concepts that could be introduced and altered for the minigame itself; some of them controversial. 

• Remove the ability to use mule accounts - This is a touchy situation that I have always felt needed to be changed since day 1 of entering the jungle. As any Ironman that accesses the jungle has an extreme disadvantage from the average player. Having alts inside the minigame should be removed completely and anyone caught cheating should be punished, this is a form of cheating.. like it or not. The bank space limit was introduced for a reason and it's been heavily abused for quite some time. I feel like this was a flaw to begin with.
  • MORE expansion of the island - I loved that the island had an expansion with the last big Kharazi Jungle update. The new boss, graahks, etc. added were a great twist and it felt very original for the island. I think it would be far more interesting if Mogres were added to the island at a high combat level and they too had a new drop table, these can be found by crossing the waterfall crossing agility shortcut with 80 agility required.

PJLnfTF.png

• Introduce Blunt Arrows to Kharazi - The same way you obtain blunt arrows by chiseling ores mined from the rocks at Baxtorian Falls, the same should be introduced in Kharazi Jungle. The benefit of adding these is the obvious need for better ammo for Magic Shortbow. As long as you have level 4 barbarian training you should be able to make them, the rock spawns can be located in the new expansion I've mentioned above and a good place for them is just north of the Mogres.
  • Remove Gargoyles - Gargoyle spawns are quite pointless as their drop table has no real use for the island, besides the granite maul.. but the granite maul is very common from Kharazi Chests. I would recommend removing the Gragoyles and introducing a new NPC. Possibly replacing them for an Abyssal Demon which introduces the whip to the minigame?
  • Kharazi Trading Post - A bit of a stretch.. but the introduction of a Kharazi Trading Post strictly used in the Jungle would be so beneficial for those wishing to use Blood Money OR Trading Sticks left over as a form of currency. I could see this becoming very popular for those wishing to get rid of their overly stocked items such as multiples of dboots, dark bows, etc. This also gives more space in the Jungle for items. The Trading Post feature would be added to Shilo Village bank.
  • Steel Key Ring - I have killed many Undead One's and they drop Bone Keys quite frequently. It would be nice to see a Steel Key Ring added so that you can place multiple keys onto it to save inventory space. I have found myself getting rid of Bone Keys to save space, which is not very viable. The Steel Key Ring can be stored in your chest and can be bought from the Slayer Store for let's say 100 Slayer Points + 1000 trading sticks?

Hv7mjss.png

Let me know your thoughts of these suggestions! I do hope to see some of these introduced in the future as the Kharazi Jungle Minigame is one of the best things Runex has to offer in terms of uniqueness and I feel it would be very popular to add some QoL changes and new content to the minigame, thank you.

Edited by Smaug
  • Like 1

1. Removing mules

- Multi logging in the jungle is against the rules. So this is already in place.

2. Expansion.

-To a certain extent I'm okay with expansions for the jungle. As long as it's not adding more op gear I'll +1.

3. Blunt arrows.

-I'm 50-50 on this. The jungle is supposed to be a mid tier area of the game. 

4. Remove gargs.

- I'd rather see granite mauls removed from chests and have these be the main source of obtaining it. So this is kinda of a no from me.

5. Trading post.

- No. It'd just add more storage methods. As well as the risk of getting pked when trying to buy a item from someone.

6. Steel key ring.

- I don't like this. It'd just give people who can afk naza for days the ability to camp it even harder. At some point you won't have a key, and will need to farm the zombies again. 

-I think the ring would be a little overpowered. It'd be similar to stacking tele's for demon island.

4 hours ago, touched said:

1. Removing mules

- Multi logging in the jungle is against the rules. So this is already in place.

Well yes and no. The game will not let you have 2 accounts logged in at  the same time inside the jungle. If you even tried to teleport in on a second account you get a message saying its not possible. You can however drop an item on account (A) and then log out of account (A.) Then tele in on account (B) and pick up the item dropped by account (A). Then tele and log out out of account (B) and log in to account A again.

I don't see any problem with this. It is available for every normal account type player so nobody has any true advantage here. Iron men and ultimate iron men are playing on restricted game modes and this applies in the jungle as well. Maybe make a normie account for the jungle. :P 

6 hours ago, Smaug said:

MORE expansion of the island

Island expansion would be cool. May as well fill the rest of it out with some new content. 

6 hours ago, Smaug said:

Introduce Blunt Arrows to Kharazi

No need, imo. But i wouldnt cry if we got them either. 

6 hours ago, Smaug said:

Remove Gargoyles 

I agree with touched on this. Maybe make the gmaul only available from gargoyles instead of removing them. Also, its like an rng thing - sometimes you get a shittier monster spawn ya know? Keeps it balanced. 

6 hours ago, Smaug said:

Kharazi Trading Post -

-1. Dont think it would be worth the time to make and likely wouldnt really be used. 

6 hours ago, Smaug said:

Steel Key Ring 

Idk. I dont really care either way on this personally. 

5 hours ago, touched said:

1. Removing mules

As mentioned by Tranquil, multilogging by drop trading resources from an alt is possible and it completely ruins the minigame as it adds an infinite amount of storage, etc. An ironman has a very big disadvantage and TBH this should have never occurred in the first place. It needs to be fixed.