Drugs

Keep pkers satisfied.

As well as we all know, there are quite a few pkers on RuneX and that number is climbing whether we like it or not, 

My suggestion to everyone is to give pkers aand people that want to learn aplace of their own, to practice, fight each other, place to risk.. etc.. 

I would like to see things on RuneX such as Last Man Standing::Edgepvp, a rework on Training Grounds where it is similar to ::Edgepvp, Tournaments.

Last Man Standing.
LMS is a player-versus-player battle royale style minigame in which the player, along with 4-24 others, are transported onto an island where they must fight for survival, killing each other and looting any items they can to become the last man standing.

::Edgepvp.

I am suggesting we add a private edge PVP area like what you would see in a PVP world on OSRS near edge bank this is a hotspot on 07 for risk fighting nhing/bridding. its the closest thing you will get to risk-free from clan tbing/fall-ins etc. 
Adding a quick tele like ::edgepvp would be very nice as well as maybe an increased pj timer here to prevent rushers and or ragging. 

Training grounds re-work.

Training grounds as we all know as a dark and miserable cramped place, it is very un-used by many people, and the people that do are the ironmen/uim dropping stuff to their alts.

I propose for it to be re-worked into an ::Edgepvp type place for people to fight without losing items, this allows players to practice all aspects of pvp without having to worry about KDR, losing items or having to repair items.

Tournaments.

Every few hours a random tournament will announce, the tournaments in rotation are 
NH - Max, Welfare, Zerk & Pure.

F2P (Free to Play pvp)
Speaks for itself, Free to Play gear/pots etc

Dharok’s

Good old classic Dharok fighting with Vengeance!

Box Battles

Box battles are probably the most rng dependant fun fights, everyone starts with 28 boxes and have to get a gear setup suitable to be able to progress though the ranks and become #1, any gear/items gathered from the boxes will be cleared from players setups/inventories automatically upon exiting this tournament.  
A set a amount of Food/potions will be available to all players eg. 5 sharks/ 2 brews/ 1 restore & a 2 dose ultimate combat potion.

Overheads will be disabled and Smite/Vengeance will be the only readily available prayer & Spell. 

I know most of the community may be against this suggestion but giving the sole pkers content/things to do, may draw most of them out of the wilderness to these zones, thus allowing pvmers to get on with their lives.

I would appreciate any feedback on this as it will all be taken into account, and potentially applied where possible to this suggestion.

-Drugs.

Edited by Drugs
Added Tournaments.
  • Like 2

I really like this Idea. 

- specially the LMS one. For people who wanna go for comp cape, they can practice their pk skills at LMS. Even though they just started or need to get into it again.

- Edgepvp could be a great addition aswell, specially if someone wanna (tri)brid - nh others without having the chance of being pj'ed or have to ::Redskull so ppl can't Pj you.

- The rework on Tg would be nice too, but Rather see LMS come instead of TG's.

Overall +1.

~~ Pr Ime

• Thanks 1

Revamping edge pking is a good idea now its just deep wild killing PvMers. Makes pking more fun if theres an incentive to pk at edge.

• Thanks 1

I don't think there will be much development spent on PVP on Runex, as Ryan has a PVP focused server. 

The being said, I'd love to see an LMS style mini-game, or even one of those simplified systems where every hour or so a new preset style tournament is announced, I.E Dharoks tournament etc. As I feel these kind of things open up pvp to a wider audience since a melee, pure or dharok tournament wouldn't allow overheads. 

A revamp of the training zone would also be great, especially if it allowed deaths, kills, streak, HC status etc to be unaffected, both positive and negative. Again, this would allow more players to just mess around and enjoy pvp without the risk. 

As far as ::edgepvp, I don't see it being beneficial enough to add, it just wouldn't get used enough. If pjing etc is a real issue with edge fights, just say it's a risk fight. The current risk fighting rules are really dumb, just copy and paste from SPK, so staff need to revert those back to what we had originally. 

• Like 1

Posting again to comment on the additions you made to the suggestion. Also to bump it.

Automatic tournament systems are amazing to see on servers, it's great fun for all players of all levels and modes to be able to fight against each-other with set stats and gear. 

Pair this system with a decent rewards shop and you will see it become very popular.

One thing I will say though is that on most of the servers I have played with a tournament system, NH tournaments almost never get enough players to even start, so it may be worth having a main and pure NH tournament and then 7-8 other styles. 

I'm not a big pker, but I really want to see this kind of stuff make it on to Runex. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Iron Logic said:

Posting again to comment on the additions you made to the suggestion. Also to bump it.

Automatic tournament systems are amazing to see on servers, it's great fun for all players of all levels and modes to be able to fight against each-other with set stats and gear. 

Pair this system with a decent rewards shop and you will see it become very popular.

One thing I will say though is that on most of the servers I have played with a tournament system, NH tournaments almost never get enough players to even start, so it may be worth having a main and pure NH tournament and then 7-8 other styles. 

I'm not a big pker, but I really want to see this kind of stuff make it on to Runex. 

Thanks for the feedback, RuneX would have such a great base for PVP, i mean there's a lot of players that want to get into it, but dont want to risk a thing, so i feel that something like this would be a great way to get their feet in the door!

+10 cuz my vote matters more. This has to be done. I would love to see this in-game. If it is to come to runex I would play the game much more consistently. 

• Thanks 1

Grim would own eco by just winning every LMS/NH tournament, love the suggestion tho I’d like to see some of this come to runex, but I feel Ryan wouldn’t really touch pking events like this since he already has spawnpk 

15 hours ago, Alpha Rye said:

Grim would own eco by just winning every LMS/NH tournament, love the suggestion tho I’d like to see some of this come to runex, but I feel Ryan wouldn’t really touch pking events like this since he already has spawnpk 

Very untrue, bringing tournaments to runex would also bring in a few more pkers also, also used to pk with grim a while ago. I know a few people that could out last him which is what most nh tourneys come down to how well you can out last your opponent while still doing damage. As for lms that shit is all luck based 

50 minutes ago, Eulogy said:

Very untrue, bringing tournaments to runex would also bring in a few more pkers also, also used to pk with grim a while ago. I know a few people that could out last him which is what most nh tourneys come down to how well you can out last your opponent while still doing damage. As for lms that shit is all luck based 

You legit sound familiar?

Edited by Drugs

On 10/22/2020 at 10:33 PM, Drugs said:

Bump

I've added this to the SS forwarding chat. 

I think the most likely thing to be added would be automated tournaments as we have discussed that a few times and it seems to be a popular idea. Though no real feedback yet from developers.

We are also looking in to how we can better balance PVP on Runex, item balancing, untradables, tick system, combat triangle etc, as we wouldn't want to release PVP centric content with a sub-par combat system. If you can think of any of these kind of things we need to work on please let us know!

Thank you. 

On 10/24/2020 at 10:27 AM, Iron Logic said:

We are also looking in to how we can better balance PVP on Runex, item balancing, untradables, tick system, combat triangle

In regards to item balancing, I’ll head straight back to items that were buffed recently but still remain worse than than in the main game,

Armadyl Godsword - It’s special attack still is very inaccurate even whilst wearing what would be considered BIS for this item (Torso (E), tassets, faceguard etc.

• Dragon Claws - this item still remains sub-par to the armadyl godsword, instead of buffing this item further, I’d merely ask for its variant, Dragon Claws (or) which would be the Buffed version, Max hit capped at 82, but this would have to be whilst using ultimately max strength gear.

• Korasi’s sword - even though this has been buffed, it still remains un-used, the cost of this weapon for its quality is underwhelming and needs proper attention.

Since the Vorpal staff has been given a secondary use with combining it with dark horns, creating the Dark Vorpal staff, Allow us to combine the Korasi’s sword & Zaryte bow in the same manner to create upgraded variants of these weapons too.

• Heavy Ballista - Could do with slight integrity changes, considering its a 2 handed weapon that sacrifices defence for that extra damage, it’s still kinda meh considering that you can use a crossbow and hit 50’s whilst camping a divine.

• Granite Maul - the granite maul is completely fooked, you can double spec and it resets your next attack to be more/less insta, For example, you get a big exp drop from a bolt, you double maul your opponent and you can anchor/maul instantly to stack 200+ damage with the right rng.

Sometimes the granite maul will always use 100% special attack instead of 50% even with a single click on the spec bar, the granite maul’s range of attack is like a sniper, you can maul from 10+ tiles away from your opponent, it’s generally a broken weapon in need of an overhaul.

Dragon Spear - Definitely needs work, when a player has been stunned, the timer after they’re free should be 0.6 seconds (1 game tick) here on runex, it’s more like 4 ticks.

Giving a player adequate time to eat again and move a whole bunch of tiles.

Untradeable items

Make untradeable items have a standard cost to repair of 100m per item, I know many people would vote against this and to say to scale the repair costs depending on the items. It would be great when you kill a player that is using breakable untradeable items, 75% of the “repair costs” drop too, thus increasing risk for everyone using them, and giving a reason to kill them.

Slayer - anyone doing wilderness slayer should be made to carry a blood orb of some sort to be able for kills to count towards task.

Tick system - What is there to say, it’s horrible, game ticks on runex feel so far off, it feels as though I’m playing 07 on Aussie worlds.

Magic Accuracy - Magic accuracy here on runex doesn’t matter or mean a thing, wether you’re out in max (ancestral) or out in mystics, it feels as though you have the same chance to catch a freeze.

Food - on runex, a players main source of food in the wilderness is usually manta’s & Saradomin brews, very few people use Karambwans & Anglerfish, Anglers & Karambs are as good as a staple food for pkers everywhere, the only real main income for karambwans is to get them from kharazi and anglers is to chill in the resource area in CoX which can take hours.

An implementation of the Resource area of the wilderness could have spots to fish Anglers/Karambwans/Dark Crabs, Mine/Smith/Smelt/Chop/Light & Hunt with increased experience rates for the High risk & Reward, An NPC that notes your items also would be a great benefit also to save having to leave and re-enter constantly, as it would have a cost to enter the resource area to avoid the gates being abused as a getaway method like the ladders in the lava maze and kbd lair.

The fastest way to the resource area would be to pull the non-existent lever at home which takes you to the Deserted Keep, 

Opposite the Resource area is the magic Axe hut which contains aggressive magic axes, to enter the magic axe hut would require the player to possess a lock pick in their inventory, it would be rather cool for the magic axe but to contain a crystal chest as such which has chance to give an increased rate of rare items, instead of items banking automatically, when the players inventory is full, any extra items drop to the floor.

Will add more suggestions around this if I can think of anything else..

• Thanks 1