Iron Logic

Logical Staff Application

1. Desired staff position: Server Support/Forum Moderator,

2. Your name (first name would suffice): Blake,

3. Your age: 22-23,

4. Your timezone: GMT +10, Australia,

5. Average amount of gameplay hours per day: 4-10 depending on work, university and covid-19,

6. Why you should receive the position:

As a former staff member of well over a year, I have extensive experience with everything that comes with being a staff member, from the ticketing system, staff commands and forum powers, etc. Only lacking in areas that were added after my departure, such as the testing worlds.

I also have extensive experience with Runex itself, given my preferred mode of prime ironman, I get to experience a lot of content that most people will skip over or miss. 

7. What would I strive for as staff: [Added by myself]

Those who know me know that I genuinely love Runex and it's community and I really want to see the game and it's players thriving and happy. This means making sure updates are as polished as possible, that events are held regularly, that player suggestions can get genuine feedback from developers and that no-one feels like they can't come to you for help.

I would start with the forums, cleaning up the less tended to areas and continuing my old work cataloguing and testing all bugs for the developers. I would also make sure to respond to all posts to attempt to drive up interaction with the forums.

I'm not sure how the testing worlds work, or what the limitations are, but I think everyone knows how anal I am about the smallest things, so hopefully I can prevent some of the less noticeable issues making it past the testing phase. I'd also love to convince Ryan to open up the testing worlds to some veterans for their input as well.

8. Why I shouldn't be staff: [Added by myself]

A lot of the community wont know, but I was actually demoted from the staff team a while ago during a pretty combative era in our community focused around 2 clans that also split the staff team. I won't beat around the bush, I abused a player by banning them from the discord twice, though I did it to show how unfair other players previously were treated, I abused none the less. I was also very disrespectful to my fellow staff and towards the administrators, my demotion was fair.

Since this period, I've stuck around on the server, and I've grown a lot. Making peace with the majority of the 'other side' and a lot of the staff members that I once disrespected.  I think I've grown a lot and I hope everyone that remembers how I acted back then can agree.

I can't say I wont stick to my guns as I used to back then, but I'll be a lot more respectful and follow the chain of command. 

Thank you for reading, or skimming through, my application, I look forward to seeing your comments ;) 

• Like 4

@Iron Logic

You are a very helpful, suggestive and experienced player on RuneX and you still maintain sharing your ideas etc no matter what.

I love the fact that you’ve acknowledged and openly stated why you were demoted from staff in the past, and the fact you have made peace with the opposing parties visibly shows that you have changed your ways and the fact that you have come to terms with the reason and accepting it proves it.

This application has all the “Meat” an application should, the fact you are always active on the forums and in-game is a very good trait that a staff member should have.

And at least you aren’t Toxic, don’t troll and you help as much as you can in-game.

I would love to see you re-enter the Staff team, Hopefully we may be able to see some QOL pushes and bring some life back to the game?

Its a very STRONK +1 from me.

Good luck on your application!

-God

Edited by GodDoesDrugs
  • Thanks 1

+1 From me.

Don't have anything negative to say about you. I've known you for a long time and i liked when you were a part of the staff team.

Good luck. :ph34r:

• Thanks 1

Huge +1;

- Always helpfull when asked.

- Great knowledge about the game.

- Good attitude and best of all not toxic.

Good luck man !

• Thanks 1

+1 Extremely knowledgeable in-game, has some great suggestions for the server also.

• Thanks 1

I support @Iron Logic.

For many years I had a deep distaste for some of the actions he did. I've created many accounts on Runex and do plan on sticking around as long as Runex continues to thrive. I think Logic is one of the few players with endless knowledge of the gameplay on Runex, it's very hard to compare any other players to him, he is just that type of person. As a Forum Moderator I think that may be a stretch of course, I think working from the bottom is only fair and starting as an SS would be beneficial. The forums in general aren't very active anyways.

Although I have not played in quite some time, the many months I did play during my last time logged in Logic always seemed to be extending a helpful hand to any and all players. He has changed for the better, less drama and more dedication on reclaiming his spot on the staff team.

Best of luck, sir.

• Thanks 1

I see you help when I'm on but not as much as others an sometimes youre just cycling the same help others already put out before you. Also prior staff doesn't equal qualified staff since there was an obvious reason you were demoted to begin with. Too much baggage attached to your name as a prior staff to get a upvote from me for now.

• Thanks 1

+1

Logic is someone I have disagreed with in the past, but he has always kept it professional and rational when we have disagreed. He is consistently helpful and willing to respond to anyone and everyone asking for assistance. Regardless of what form a staff rank may take (whether it be moderating the forums or simply as SS) I for one believe he should be part of the staff team, and could ask nothing more of him - I mean to say there is no aspect in particular of Logic that needs improvement in my eyes. He is as close to an ideal individual for staff as one could ever be.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the feedback everyone,

Since the creation of the Suggestion Squad I've taken a step back from trying to get on the staff team since the SS is a position I much prefer, being able to help shape the future of Runex and create meaningful content without being a ticket bitch. 

I may re-apply in the future If space opens up, but for now I'll be expiring my application.

Thank you again for the support and feedback.