oops

Skilling Pet Accessories

After seeing the update for Boss pets, i would like to make a suggestion for Skilling pets to make them more usefull as well, i would also like to suggest making the accesory's and such for pets added to boss drops as well respective to the boss pet accessory's 

Skilling Pet accessories

• Skilling pets  upgraded to untradeable "legendary pets" by using an "accessory upgrade" on them.
    • Accessory upgrades can be obtained from:
      • The new "pet mystery box"
      • Direct purchase at the donator shop
      • Very rare Chance at receiving from Skilling (gives life to skillers and skills)
    • Accessory upgrades are also used to unlock additional accessory slots (see below)
  • legendary pets can be upgraded with accessories (right-click "upgrade")
    • Accessories give special effects/bonuses
    • Obtained from the new pet mystery box or very rare chance from skilling
    • Their effects are stackable
    • You can unlock more slots and use multiple accessories
    • Provides a cosmetic "particle" or "glow" effect to your pet
      • Color depends on the type of accessory
  •  Accessories:
  • Thiefing Acessory 
    • Collects double loot from Pick-pocketing or thiefing from rouges chest\stalls**provides exp for all actions**
  • Fishing Accessory
    • Collecting 2 Fish at once (stack with donor zone and provides exp for both fish)
  • Agility accessory
    • Gives x2 Provides marks of grace
  • Mining accessory
    • Collecting 2 Ore's at once (stacks with donor zone and provides exp for both ore's)
  • Woodcutting accessory
    • Provides +10% Chance at "Clue nest" gives random Easy-Hard clue (NON TRADABLE)
  • Farming Accessory
    • Collects x2 Crops from all anolments(provides exp for all bonus crops**provides exp for all actions**
  • Runecrafting Accessory
    • Acts as a rune essences pouch can hold 30 rune essences upon clicking the alter it will turn essences into runes and send them into inventory**provides exp for all actions**
  • Cooking Accessory
    • Give +5% chance at cooking whole inventory at once, Provides +25% chance at cooking two items at once**provides exp for all actions**
  • Smithing Accessory
    • Gives +5% chance at smithing whole inventory at once not using coal, Provides +25% chance at saving  2-5 coal depending on bar made.**provides exp for all actions**
  • Fleatching Acessory
    • Gives +5% chance at fleatching whole inventory at once, Provides +25% chance at fleatching two logs at once**provides exp for all actions**
  • Firemaking Acessory
    • Give +5% chance at burning whole inventory at once, Provides +25% chance at burning two logs at once**provides exp for all actions**
  • Hunter Accessory
    • Gives Chance at collecting x2 creature caught**provides exp for all actions**
  • Crafting Accessory
    • Gives  +5% chance at cutting all gems in inventory at once, Provides +25% chance at cutting two gems at once.**provides exp for all actions*
  • Herblore Accessory
    • Gives +5% chance at cleaning/Making unf pots in all inv at once, Provides +25% chance at making two unf pots at once and cleaning two herbs at once.**provides exp for all actions**

Edited by oops
  • Like 4

I 100% support, under the condition that pet accessories drop rate is lowered from the boxes.

Either the entire server is unlucky or the drop rate is around 1/30 as I've logged 60 boxes being opened, and have only logged two accessories. At 35$ each that is beyond unrealistic.

Bumping this for @Ryan to see

Also i know this is Grave digging but figured it would be better than making a brand new post and copy/pasting all the info above.

Edited by oops

I'd love to see some of these added, but I would much rather see these added in a different way,

The first big issue is accessory upgrades, They are only obtainable through donating (or buying from other players) which would be pretty unfair to the majority of players who can't/don't donate and ironmen who can't buy off other players. I'd prefer to see something along the lines of an NPC who can upgrade a pet if you have multiple of the same pet. I.E If you have 2 rockie pets you can make an upgraded one that has 1 accessory slot. 

It could also be cool to see the specific accessories only being usable on the pet from the same skill. I.E The thieving accessories can only be added to the thieving pet etc.

I would love to see these accessories only obtainable through training the specific skills as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Logical said:

I'd love to see some of these added, but I would much rather see these added in a different way,

The first big issue is accessory upgrades, They are only obtainable through donating (or buying from other players) which would be pretty unfair to the majority of players who can't/don't donate and ironmen who can't buy off other players. I'd prefer to see something along the lines of an NPC who can upgrade a pet if you have multiple of the same pet. I.E If you have 2 rockie pets you can make an upgraded one that has 1 accessory slot. 

It could also be cool to see the specific accessories only being usable on the pet from the same skill. I.E The thieving accessories can only be added to the thieving pet etc.

I would love to see these accessories only obtainable through training the specific skills as well.

Very well said Logical, and very good suggestion @oops

3 hours ago, Logical said:

While it may seem unfair to some who cannot donate you also have to remember that not everyone who donates does it just to see the server live. Most people do it because it boosts their bank account and gives them unique and special gear. While it may seem unfair to keep it donate or purchase only you have to realize thats the only reason it still has a price point like it does. 500m-600m would drop like a rock if it became widely accessible.

On the point of ironmen, the point of a ironman account is to make it hard on yourself, even more so for hardcore ironmen. If you make it to something that people can just get or bypass with your purposed system pet accessory's will drop in price rapidly and the already semi fucked eco will be ruined further.

I personally think adding them as a drop to a hardcore boss with a very low drop rate would be the only way to go. Then, they will hold value and people who have donated specifically to attempt to get them, someone had a post where they opened like 20 pet boxes and only got 2, it does not diminish the value of their donation. 

It may seem unfair and even slightly pay2win, but in the end, these people are supporting the server and are one of the biggest reason it will stay alive. Why shouldn't they get special shit from the donations?

Edited by MrHat

2 hours ago, MrHat said:

While it may seem unfair to some who cannot donate you also have to remember that not everyone who donates does it just to see the server live. Most people do it because it boosts their bank account and gives them unique and special gear. While it may seem unfair to keep it donate or purchase only you have to realize thats the only reason it still has a price point like it does. 500m-600m would drop like a rock if it became widely accessible.

On the point of ironmen, the point of a ironman account is to make it hard on yourself, even more so for hardcore ironmen. If you make it to something that people can just get or bypass with your purposed system pet accessory's will drop in price rapidly and the already semi fucked eco will be ruined further.

I personally think adding them as a drop to a hardcore boss with a very low drop rate would be the only way to go. Then, they will hold value and people who have donated specifically to attempt to get them, someone had a post where they opened like 20 pet boxes and only got 2, it does not diminish the value of their donation. 

It may seem unfair and even slightly pay2win, but in the end, these people are supporting the server and are one of the biggest reason it will stay alive. Why shouldn't they get special shit from the donations?

You're missing a big point of what logical said in your quote though.

Not every content needs to become pay to win, mostly everything is that already, having to grind for new unique items would bring motivation for players to obtain them than someone flat out donating to obtain it and get richer off it.

On your point of ironman, maining a HCIM account myself. I feel your comment on the whole "your purposed system pet accessory's" is pretty irrelevant if you put into perspective the new accessories can be made for a specific skill and can only being used on the pet from that skill. It wouldn't be universal like current boss pets are so it wouldn't change anything on accessory upgrades current price if that's what you're worried about. + the skilling pet wouldn't be tradable after upgrade anyways.

Side note on above: my hcim prime has 27m fishing experience and doesn't have the pet. That's alot of time invested into the skill. If you get 2 pets from skilling, I feel you should at least be rewarded out of it other than 100 runecoins.

I've grinded for everything on my account, being rank 1, I still do not own an legendary pet due to the fact of it only being accessible via donations. As all other content is achievable through in-game methods, other than this. Twisted bow, sun spear and everything can be obtained through grinding, where as pet stuff cannot, its pretty insane.

5 hours ago, Logical said:

Just some points to think on. What the main topic is can be changed to fit the player base as an whole. The suggestion isn't set in concrete as it's originally typed up and can be modified to be a bit more fair. 

I may have missed something or went off track but it's 2am and just seen this reply and thought i'd drop something.

Or just go about as plain as oops suggested, doesn't matter to me I suppose since the current ones arent readily available why change it now. won't change how i've made this far to start with.

Levi has said pretty much everything I would have, but there are a few extra points I would like to add;

• The system I proposed to 'bypass' the accessory UPGRADES would have no effect on the price of current accessories or accessory upgrades as it has no effect on the current uses for accessories or accessory upgrades. The ability to upgrade skilling pets and obtain skilling accessories is a brand new set of content. 
  • I think It would be rare to find a donor that donates just to keep the server online, almost all servers have benefits for donating. Donors should definitely be rewarded for supporting the server, but I will never support hiding content behind a pay-wall. But this point and the point of the price of accessories dropping is moot, skilling accessories have nothing to do with our current set of accessories or upgrades.
  • Adding them to their specific skills would be much better than just adding them to a boss. It makes more sense and gives more reason to train skills.

On a side note, It would be amazing if skilling pets could be levels like Pokemon. Having the heron out while fishing would earn you pet experience and you could use an extra pet of the same type to give a chunk of experience etc. At certain levels they would unlock new bonuses.

8 hours ago, Levi said:

"You're missing a big point of what logical said in your quote though."

"Not every content needs to become pay to win, mostly everything is that already, having to grind for new unique items would bring motivation for players to obtain them than someone flat out donating to obtain it and get richer off it."

"On your point of ironman, maining a HCIM account myself. I feel your comment on the whole "your purposed system pet accessory's" is pretty irrelevant if you put into perspective the new accessories can be made for a specific skill and can only being used on the pet from that skill. It wouldn't be universal like current boss pets are so it wouldn't change anything on accessory upgrades current price if that's what you're worried about. + the skilling pet wouldn't be tradable after upgrade anyways."

"Just some points to think on. What the main topic is can be changed to fit the player base as an whole. The suggestion isn't set in concrete as it's originally typed up and can be modified to be a bit more fair."

I very purposelessly left out the segments of his post other than the one I quoted, I think his idea is great. But to add something that for non-ironman players such as using duplicate pets as a upgrade-slot instead of having to get the pet accessory is where my point comes into play. There is a reason why the upgrade's are still 500-600m right now, and that is because they are still extremely uncommon. 

6 hours ago, Logical said:

• The system I proposed to 'bypass' the accessory UPGRADES would have no effect on the price of current accessories or accessory upgrades as it has no effect on the current uses for accessories or accessory upgrades. The ability to upgrade skilling pets and obtain skilling accessories is a brand new set of content. 
  • I think It would be rare to find a donor that donates just to keep the server online, almost all servers have benefits for donating. Donors should definitely be rewarded for supporting the server, but I will never support hiding content behind a pay-wall. But this point and the point of the price of accessories dropping is moot, skilling accessories have nothing to do with our current set of accessories or upgrades.
  • Adding them to their specific skills would be much better than just adding them to a boss. It makes more sense and gives more reason to train skills.

Im not speaking on the new content listed in this post, just on the one segment you listed as using two of the same pet as a upgrade instead of having to get a pet upgrade. 

Pet's are not all that price mattering what one you buy. The KBD was being sold for around 100m if I'm not mistaken, so while it may help ironmen out, to just allow normal players to flood the market with the extra pets instead of having to grind out that upgrade is something completely different.

Last segment here, I am solely speaking for the upgrade, the tablet that gives you another slot to use on your pet. I'm not speaking about the other points here, I like all the ideas here I think they will make having and using a pet much more needed and enjoyable.

7 hours ago, MrHat said:

Pet's are not all that price mattering what one you buy. The KBD was being sold for around 100m if I'm not mistaken, so while it may help ironmen out, to just allow normal players to flood the market with the extra pets instead of having to grind out that upgrade is something completely different.

We are talking about skilling pets here, not bossing pets. Giving ALL players the ability to upgrade their skilling pets without having to donate would be more beneficial and would have 0 effect on the price of accessory upgrades.

im glad to see alot of feedback on this, ill sift through alot of this and add some of the suggestions to the top post so that way it is easier for ryan to see when he looks over it