han solo

Grand Slayer Helmet

Grand Slayer Helmet

The combination of the Lava + Frost + Earth Slayer Helmets.

The stats should have the exact same offence + defence bonuses, BUT will have a combination of all 3 helmets for other bonuses

+8 Strength +8 Prayer +5 Range Strength +5% Magic Damage

qvWoJ8p.png

100% success rate as a Tier III.

This should be very rewarding considered how challenging it will be to obtain.

SmbmwU6.png

Edited by han solo
  • Like 2

The current slayer helms should remain as the pinnacle of each tier. 

Adding in a combined slayer helm of all 3 is just unnecessary and discourages end game gear diversity. 

For instance, If a player was to ask what the best helm slot for slayer is, they would get 3 different answers depending on combat style. But if we had a grand slayer helmet, it would just be the same answer, making it look like we lack content. 

I would much prefer to see a new slayer helmet added to the wilderness as it would be much more viable to add unique features. 

• Confused 1

huge grind, but I like it +1
Maybe a more custom appearance though to match gloves/boots or something though
something with horns preferably lol

9acfdb40a3d4c488739c2693e868e479.jpg

Edited by Vizros

22 minutes ago, Iron Logic said:

The current slayer helms should remain as the pinnacle of each tier. 

Adding in a combined slayer helm of all 3 is just unnecessary and discourages end game gear diversity. 

For instance, If a player was to ask what the best helm slot for slayer is, they would get 3 different answers depending on combat style. But if we had a grand slayer helmet, it would just be the same answer, making it look like we lack content. 

I would much prefer to see a new slayer helmet added to the wilderness as it would be much more viable to add unique features. 

Give me a break. 🙄 Stop contradicting yourself. 

The Fused Slayer was created for this very reason and it's one of the most sought out items in-game as a Tribrid Helmet. The Grand Slayer Helmet (as well as ANY grand item already in-game) is the "pinnacle" as you've stated. It shouldn't be 3 seperate items. Grand Boots, Gloves, etc. were added for a reason.

You also stated "IF a player was to ask what the best helm slot for slayer is, they would get 3 different answers depending on combat style. But if we had a grand slayer helmet, it would just be the same answer, making it look like we lack content."

Do you know how ridiculous you sound?

I can say that when Ryan was on adding his sheep after the patch notes I asked him about a  Grand or Blood slayer helm to which he neither confirmed nor denied being added but rather said “Maybe :P” and judging by his lil cheekiness it may becoming as he Also mentioned twisted slayer helmet during this discussion 

@Ryan cheeky lil bugger 

Edited by Vise
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, han solo said:

Give me a break. 🙄 Stop contradicting yourself. 

The Fused Slayer was created for this very reason and it's one of the most sought out items in-game as a Tribrid Helmet. The Grand Slayer Helmet (as well as ANY grand item already in-game) is the "pinnacle" as you've stated. It shouldn't be 3 seperate items. Grand Boots, Gloves, etc. were added for a reason.

You also stated "IF a player was to ask what the best helm slot for slayer is, they would get 3 different answers depending on combat style. But if we had a grand slayer helmet, it would just be the same answer, making it look like we lack content."

Do you know how ridiculous you sound?

It WAS the most sought after helmet, and then we added an upgraded version for each style. Why would be counteract that update by adding in another combination, whats next, a earth grand, frost grand and lava grand slayer helmet? 

Also, the grand items aren't the most sought after items, even for their respective slots. The gloves are a waste of the supplies used to make them as they are only BIS in range too my knowledge, being beaten out in melee by fero gloves and magic by tormented bracelet variants. 
The boots are a little more useful, but again, not really the pinnacle as most melee players will opt to use devouts for the extra heals over the slight offence. 

It also isn't ridiculous for newer players to be turned off by 1 above all items, it makes the server look like a custom server. Do you want a 'grand' item for every slot? That will be amazing. 

I don't like the idea of adding this item. It adds nothing new to the game other than helping free up 1-2 inventory spots for end game players at raids. But I don't care either way, I have all of the slayer helms already and raids is one of the only non afk things I do, so I will benefit greatly. 

2 minutes ago, Iron Logic said:

It WAS the most sought after helmet, and then we added an upgraded version for each style. Why would be counteract that update by adding in another combination, whats next, a earth grand, frost grand and lava grand slayer helmet? 

Also, the grand items aren't the most sought after items, even for their respective slots. The gloves are a waste of the supplies used to make them as they are only BIS in range too my knowledge, being beaten out in melee by fero gloves and magic by tormented bracelet variants. 
The boots are a little more useful, but again, not really the pinnacle as most melee players will opt to use devouts for the extra heals over the slight offence. 

It also isn't ridiculous for newer players to be turned off by 1 above all items, it makes the server look like a custom server. Do you want a 'grand' item for every slot? That will be amazing. 

I don't like the idea of adding this item. It adds nothing new to the game other than helping free up 1-2 inventory spots for end game players at raids. But I don't care either way, I have all of the slayer helms already and raids is one of the only non afk things I do, so I will benefit greatly. 

Again, a ridiculous response. You downgrade it as "it just frees up 1-2 inv slots" but it will "benefit me greatly if added". More contradicting. Also stop assuming it will "turn off new players".. you have no idea how annoying that sounds when we ALREADY HAVE GRAND ITEMS in the first place.

You are a brick wall, I have nothing else to type to you.

Again, a ridiculous response. You downgrade it as "it just frees up 1-2 inv slots" but it will "benefit me greatly if added". More contradicting. Also stop assuming it will "turn off new players".. you have no idea how annoying that sounds when we ALREADY HAVE GRAND ITEMS in the first place.

You are a brick wall, I have nothing else to type to you.

I don't understand you.

It isn't a contradiction to say it has little benefit but will benefit me greatly. I'll explain..

In the grand scheme, a mere 2 inventory slots isn't a great benefit. But If that is 100% of the benefits, then I will get 100% of the benefits of this item at launch, benefiting me greatly.

Just because we already have some grand items doesn't justify the addition of other, if that is your only counterargument, you are lost. 

I don't understand why you get so upset when I don't like your suggestion. But I actually tell you why I don't like them, and in this case offered an interesting aside to your suggestion. How did you respond? You got all upset and instead of countering my views or trying to build off what I said, you just look for little 'gotcha' contradictions and ignore any actual feedback.

I look forward to your next suggestion, but next time just view my feedback as an opinion and don't lose your shit. 

1 minute ago, Iron Logic said:

I don't understand you.

It isn't a contradiction to say it has little benefit but will benefit me greatly. I'll explain..

In the grand scheme, a mere 2 inventory slots isn't a great benefit. But If that is 100% of the benefits, then I will get 100% of the benefits of this item at launch, benefiting me greatly.

Just because we already have some grand items doesn't justify the addition of other, if that is your only counterargument, you are lost. 

I don't understand why you get so upset when I don't like your suggestion. But I actually tell you why I don't like them, and in this case offered an interesting aside to your suggestion. How did you respond? You got all upset and instead of countering my views or trying to build off what I said, you just look for little 'gotcha' contradictions and ignore any actual feedback.

I look forward to your next suggestion, but next time just view my feedback as an opinion and don't lose your shit. 

When you start making up these little stories of "What if Little Timmy asked what's the best helmet in-game? - Little Timmy would get 3 different answers and if he only got 1 answer we as a server look like we lack content." Truth is, there is no little Timmy getting upset over there being 1 BIS helmet for all combat styles. Little Timmy would figure it out eventually. Little Timmy wouldn't be discouraged about "END GAME GEAR DIVERSITY" (whatever the hell that is) and Little Timmy may feel comfortable just getting 1-2 fused upgraded helms while sticking to 1 or 2 combat styles for the rest of Little Timmy's days.

Learn to be like Timmy, Timmy knows how to enjoy the game without over-analyzing it.

I like the idea, but lower chance on getting it. like 50-75% seems fair to me. The reason for adding a chance is, because all the latest updates brought in bis gear and I rather don't have another thing added to the game which is 100% get-able and bis.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pr ime said:

I like the idea, but lower chance on getting it. like 50-75% seems fair to me. The reason for adding a chance is, because all the latest updates brought in bis gear and I rather don't have another thing added to the game which is 100% get-able and bis.

I would definitely lean toward 75%, I couldn't imagine losing 60k RC, 15.3k SP in 1 click. 🤮

I would definitely lean toward 75%, I couldn't imagine losing 60k RC, 15.3k SP in 1 click. 🤮

Very true, but that's the chance we have to take xD.

If it isn't a 100% chance you will need to add something a little better than just the same stats as all 3 helmets. 

60rc and 15.3k slayer points is something the average player wont obtain in their stay on Runex, so to have even a 25% chance to lose all of that to save 2 inventory slots at a small selection of Runex content is a little much. 

This would become dead content that only a few rich players will attempt. 

i like the idea, and like logic said if its 100% you need to add something off value and something hard to get for example  ancient relic would be a nice item as its  beeing used in grand boots and grand gloves. and its very rare to get ur hands on it.

• Thanks 1