Iron Logic

Collection Log Reward Rework

With the release of the collection log, a lot of players have been racing around trying to complete them. They are a great addition to Runex, however, I have one small issue with some of them, their rewards.

Some of the primary offenders for just bad rewards would be things like these:

• Crystal chest: Rewards 5 Epic crystal keys.   Even though you will likely use 500-1000 keys just to finish the log, in some cases, 5000+
  • Lava Chest: Rewards 5 Epic lava keys.     Same issue as above, while lava keys might reward better loot at a better rate, the Tyras helm is so rare that you are likely to still require 500+
  • Larrans Chest: Rewards 15000 blood money.    You will need to use over 100 keys to complete this log, which would already reward you a huge amount of blood money.
  • Skilling point shop: Rewards 5 ancient urns and 5 skilling equipment boxes.    The urns are great, but the skilling boxes are a little odd since they become useless after you obtain all the skilling sets, which are much cheaper to obtain than all 4 books, forcing players to wait until they complete this log to go for sets.

There are more, but these give you the general idea, where in completing the task you will either earn much more than the reward or the reward becomes redundant. 

I suggest that the general rewards are increased to things like a prize key and chest for the crystal key and a grand cursed casket for the lava keys. Stuff like that makes it a little more rewarding while still being too expensive to farm.

Part two to this suggestion is to also change some of the boss log rewards. Runex's upgraded pet system has always seemed a little too P2W and the collection log rewards could be the perfect place to help slightly change that.  Where some of the bosses could reward players with an untradable upgrade accessory and others reward a pet accessory box. This would allow all players to be able to experience the legendary pet system without forking out their own money. For balancing, the pet accessory boxes would be more likely to reward the lower tier accessories and unable to reward master variants. 

• Like 4

I think the collection log would be a perfect way to add pet accessories for none p2w ironmen. I'd love to have a 100% f2p ironman with a prayer pet. Or even a luck pet.

Something like 1 prayer accessory for completing cerberus.

Also huge+1 to buffing a majority of the collection log rewards. You hit the needle right on the head.