movement towards wild content

I don't know what it is lately but I feel like there is a much greater focus on wild content. There is already a bunch of mid game content which is locked behind these pk heavy areas which on top of it always announces drops to give your location away. Sure this allows for more player killing on the server but it is a huge disincentive to make an ironman or uim. I feel like the move to limit drops of many mobs to wild only is another way of locking content behind pk hot areas which I personally dislike greatly. I would prefer to have 1\10th the drop rate but still be able to avoid the wild. I personally want to do pvm and avoid pk areas as much as possible because I truly dislike anything to do with the wild. but locking content behind wilderness areas and continuing to hyper focus on trying to get people into the wild seems like wasted effort. This server is great for its loads of content, but many players on the server are not here to pk. I disagree with this move as I feel like most players would prefer to have content outside the wilderness so that it can actually be used. I just think this is heading towards solely developing new content in the wilderness which is going to make players who look for good pvm servers just leave rather than have to go into wild to enjoy any of the content we have. 

let me know what you guys think of the move to lock most drops to wilderness only and what we can do to balance the content to wild and non wild 

*bit of a mild rant because I'm struggling with actually wanting to play my uim with this dilemma*

Edited by 9
  • Like 2

If they were removed from the wildy then there would be no wildy content

15 minutes ago, Bar said:

If they were removed from the wildy then there would be no wildy content

lemme clarify - Ankous, venenatis, Callisto and vetion along with a few others were changed recently to have drop restrictions to wilderness only. Therefore, when killing them in places like stronghold for Ankous and vip zone for the bosses they no longer have the same drop table. I feel as if this is another push to try and put more people into a wilderness which isn't really needed. I think that focusing the game and developments on trying to hype up the wilderness on a pvm server where a majority of the player base does not like to pk is something I would not like to see continue. 

The changes were necessary. 

Players with VIP were able to just afk a few hundred wilderness bosses every day with 0 risk, and this led to the over-saturation of their drops. 

There is also an extremely small amount of content that this change locks behind the wilderness. Most of the wilderness boss drops that people want, the crest pieces, are easily gained outside of the wilderness and the only useful ankou drop, the iban staff, is still rewarded for the second ankou killing achievement. 

There is nothing wrong with wilderness content, you make it out as if adding wilderness content forces players to be pkers and will kill the server. It simply adds an element of risk on a server that has very little risk.