Iron Logic

I'm Back

Hey everyone, just wanted to say that I'm back from Japan.

Highly recommend going if anyone gets the chance.

Hopefully still going to finish the event :P See you all in-game.

I want to eventually go to Japan, favorite places to go and also favorite foodies spots? I need answers, planning on at some point in my life backpacking through asia but I'd want to start with sight seeing in japan then do the backpacking in the continental part of Asia.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Huff said:

I want to eventually go to Japan, favorite places to go and also favorite foodies spots? I need answers, planning on at some point in my life backpacking through asia but I'd want to start with sight seeing in japan then do the backpacking in the continental part of Asia.

Not even a welcome back, shake my head!

Favourite places would include:
Shibuya - Famous crossing as well as a tonne of high end shopping locations.
Takeshita street - Great tourist street with a bunch of shops and icecream crepes. 
Disney Land is better than Disney Sea.

I'd also recommend just walking through streets at night as they really liven up. 

For food, you have to try at least 1 high end sushi restaurant. Regardless of if you like fish, you will love proper sushi.

General food from traditional restaurants is actually quite expensive, however more touristy places bring the total down a bit, while also offering some more normal food. 

However, if you are backpacking, you'll probably want some cheaper alternatives. 7-11 and Foodmart will be your new best friends. They are basically like little corner stores, but everything from coffee to liqueur, sushi rolls to full meals, is dirt cheap and they even offer to heat up your meals for you. We are talking like full dinner and drink for two people for like $12. 

Taxis are expensive as shit and train are cheap as shit. 

Also, be on the look out for op shops selling second hand clothing. It may sound odd, but these stores sell a lot of good quality and good brand clothes such as Calvin Klein and Versace for $20-50. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Iron Logic said:

Not even a welcome back, shake my head!

You're never going anywhere for ever but I completely overlooked welcoming you back lmao. Since I didn't do it before welcome back beautiful 😎

23 hours ago, Iron Logic said:

However, if you are backpacking, you'll probably want some cheaper alternatives. 7-11 and Foodmart will be your new best friends. They are basically like little corner stores, but everything from coffee to liqueur, sushi rolls to full meals, is dirt cheap and they even offer to heat up your meals for you. We are talking like full dinner and drink for two people for like $12. 

Planning on going all out in Japan then backpacking the rest of Asia but I will probably try to stay in capsule hotels etc... to lower the price a bit.

• Like 1