James

[EVENT] A few suggestions...

Just going to get a few suggestions that I feel could be a good fit for RuneX

Please feel free to give your feedback on how some of these ideas could be changed.

Sorceress's Garden:

Firstly, I believe that thieving can be pretty braindead in trying to level, specially as a prime account. I'm suggesting this minigame to make the thieving skill a little more fun as well as rewarding.

What I am suggesting is pretty much how it is in OSRS, 4 rooms which require 4 different levels to enter, when you traverse a maze where you have to time your runs accordingly to collect the winter, autumn, spring and summer s'quirks.
These s'quirks reward the player with bonus xp aswell as sorcerer points which can be spent at the store that's located in the middle of the 4 gardens. (NPC/REWARDS TBD)

The minigame looks like this is anyone can't remember it: https://runescape.fandom.com/wiki/Sorceress's_Garden

I believe it could be a good minigame that could change the way thieving is done at the moment, and could bring a bit of life back to the skill.

Wintertodt:

People have all wanted this for a long time so I thought i'd add this in along side the sorceress's garden idea.

Firemaking is lets be honest, a tedious skill with absolutely no benefit of grinding out to 99. Wintertodt could bring some fun to the skill and get people to take part in a minigame that could be a game changer for Ironmen, HCIM's and UIM's.

Wintertodt could be released as it is on OSRS, but with a few minor changes to make it so we can complete it with a much smaller player base (no offence).
We should possibly make it so it can be done solo or done with a group of people.

Rewards could be just like the OSRS drop tables with a few changes to our "customs" in the game. (Other drops TBD)

If you are not sure of what the Wintertodt is: https://oldschoolrunescape.fandom.com/wiki/Wintertodt

Blast furnace:

Blast furnace is a smithing minigame that is run in the dwarven area, this minigame increases your bars per our rate and halves the cost of coal needed to make the bars (exactly like the smithing cape bonus).

I believe this could be a new meta for smelting bars and getting that smithing xp everybody wants.

If you are not sure of what blast furnace is: https://oldschoolrunescape.fandom.com/wiki/Blast_Furnace

Bounty hunter:

Well I am going to assume people know what this is, this is already implemented on SPK.

I'm also going to assume that some of you are gonna be fully against this idea. It is what it is.

I believe this could be a great addition considering our sister server SPK is a pking server, they know about RuneX and obviously some of them come across to here.
This could also be used for people that are scouting the wilderness looking for their kills for their 100 kills achievement.
Lets be honest searching around in the wilderness for players to fight/kill can be rather tedious and very annoying.
This would give you a general wilderness level another player is that you can kill (that meets your level requirement of course.)

This also puts an extra risk on top of being in the wilderness - people can sit and AFK in the wilderness sometimes for hours on end; and personally I don't believe that should be easy to do.. Yes you can sit there in free gear that costs you nothing to repair but either way you can't AFK for as long as you'd want.
Wilderness should be an area that you are aware of your surroundings at all times because you don't want to lose what you have.

The rewards from this could be a wilderness store that you spend bounty points on just like the one in OSRS, but with a few tweaks and changes to the inventory of said store. (Rewards TBD)

This is what I am trying to achieve with implementing bounty hunter.

Fight pits:

This area is located in the Tzhaar city north of the fight cave entrance.

This is a minigame that is completely free for all where you take your own gear and compete until the last man standing.

This isn't so much a minigame to create anything meaningful, its a minigame that can be used for people to host events, such as a last man standing or a blood barrage last man standing there is a lot of possibilities when it comes to a multi combat area that is safe.

This is a personal idea for myself when hosting the PVP tournaments and it would give such a range to do other things that people can compete in.

The Well of Goodwill:

This is a well known feature on RS3, aswell as just being implemented on our sister server SPK.

You donate items to this well and it gives either the world a reward such as:

• Double XP for a time amount
  • Double blood money from player kills in the wilderness
  • +15% drop rate increase for a time amount

These are just a few suggestions I could think of.

I believe this could be a good addition to RuneX aswell as a good item sink (as good as Runecoins go they only so far).

Other suggestions:

• A skill guide rework when you click on the skills, they are very outdated and don't have any of our custom items on there.
  • Find a new balance for Prize boxes, they went from overpowered to completely useless (rewards wise)

I will be adding more suggestions to this list as they come to me

I hope you all read these suggestions and give me some decent feed back.

Thank you for reading ❤️

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 1:24 PM, James said:

Sorceress's Garden:

I feel like people don't know the Rogues Chest exists. Thieving is one of the most profitable skills if you do the Rogues chest. I've gotten 25m+ thieving experience on my prime just from Rogues Chest. 
I don't think this minigame needs to be added, but I can't - 1 until I see what the rewards/experience is like.

Wintertodt:

If it's modified to be a reasonable minigame to solo, + 1.

Blast furnace:

This minigame should be modified to store a large amount of noted coal. Requiring 50% of the coal will still make this minigame suck compared to just smithing bars, which are easy to get in bulk. But the experience should never be better than actually smithing items.

Bounty hunter:

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE - 1. 
We are not a pking server, If players want to get 100 kills, go out there and work for it. 
This will not be a tool for noobie pkers to find people to kill.
This will be a tool for Batty, Nickoo and the other big boi pkers to have an alt afking at edgeville ditch waiting to get some pvmer or skiller as a target and see their wilderness level. 
We have so little popular wilderness content, I'd assume that pkers would only have to check 1-2 places once they have the rough level. 
This would be a horrid addition for 95% of the server, but hey, I've done all the wilderness content I need to do, I'd be one of those people with an alt sitting there ready to bully pvmers :)

Fight pits:

- 1. This would have no use apart from a few events and thus not worth the development time in my eyes. 

The Well of Goodwill:

On RS3 you get nothing from donating, it's used for charity. - 1 for a drop rate boost over 10% and 100% no experience boost over 30%.
+ 1 for small boosts I guess.

A skill guide rework when you click on the skills, they are very outdated and don't have any of our custom items on there.

Clicking the skill should just redirect to that skills guide on forums. Otherwise the chat will just be filled with 100 new players asking, Where is the cursed tree? Where are nardah implings?

Find a new balance for Prize boxes, they went from overpowered to completely useless (rewards wise)

Sorry :3   + 1